Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

iPhone weather app?

I'm looking for an iPhone weather app and I'm curious what the mags use. Most of the apps seem to have forecasts and radar maps but not too much else, and I'd like to have something with a greater variety of data available. Basically the ideal would be weather.gov in app form.

Maybe just bookmarking weather.gov is the best solution?

That's what I do. But mostly just use the standard iPhone weather app.

I bookmarked all of the weather sites in Safari, but also downloaded iRadar. Nothing special, but I find it can be useful when I'm curious about how much longer it will continue to snow and if there are any lingering storm clouds/lake effect snow

I use weather alert usa, or wx alert usa on iphone. very detailed reports / information for multiple locations. weather.gov info.

i use the weather.com app. Have the new OS on the iPad, and the app has a lot of functionality. The version on my OS4 iPhone is good...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

An excellent option for the Pac nw is Snow Buddy. Provides weather, telemetry, and avy forecasts in one overlay graph by area/ location.

Sent from my ADR6300 using TGR Forums
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

(Shameless Plug)
    There is a great iPhone/iPad app for viewing snotel data called Snow Tell.

I use weatherbug, but it isn't much more than forecasts and radar for whatever cities you plug in. Newest version seems to crash less than earlier ones (like, it hasn't crashed at all). I like the ability to put the radar into motion. Works reasonably well without a wifi connection too.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post
    I use weather alert usa, or wx alert usa on iphone. very detailed reports / information for multiple locations. weather.gov info.
    Good app...solid alerts...great for tornado alley epicness.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

I use National Weather Service. Not sure if they haz an app. They haz best Wx info I can find.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Accuweather app
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Best app by far that I have found is the NOAA Hi-Def Radar. The best thing about the app is that it allows you to access the latest National Weather Service area forecast discussions, which I have found to be the most accurate forecasts out there for my area (Seattle) because they discuss all of the potential scenarios and different modeling that might change.

I use magic seaweed... Best long term forecasts I can find for the north pacific.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Radarscope is by far the best radar app. If you want forecast discussions you can use the NOAA sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregger View Post
    Radarscope is by far the best radar app. If you want forecast discussions you can use the NOAA sites.
    Really worth the 9.99?

Quote Originally Posted by melotime View Post
    Really worth the 9.99?
    Absolutely. It's literally a professional weather app. I do some photography/video/storm chasing during the spring/summer severe weather season and I'll use that for quick peaks at radar/VIL/velocity signatures before I'll fire up the laptop with GRLevel3.

Very well put together.

Another vote for the NOAA forecast discussion. Poke around their site and you will find lots of other cool tools. For storm / pattern / model discussions go to accuweather forms and hit the current weather topic. Lots of detail and analysis of active and potential storm systems.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Yup. NOAA

Bumping this up... is there any app that gives you access to NOAA point forecasts? Search a location that the NOAA site recognizes, and then be able to click on anywhere on a satellite map surrounding that location and get a point forecast?

What about at least searching for any location that the NOAA site recognizes and getting a point forecast for that?

If there is, please give me the exact App name, as searching 'NOAA' turns up a ton of hits - most of which cost money and aren't exactly clear as to what it does.

Noaa and the App shows up on my icon as High def radar.. I thinks its .99 or 1.99
    "chuck norris doesn't read books.
    He just stares them down until
    he gets the information he wants!"

Who's it created by? WeatherSphere?

Well that was a waste. WeatherSphere's apps (at least Hi-Def Radar) does not give point forecasts. You can search just about anything, like you can on NOAA, but it gives you the forecast for the nearest city (useless).

What's wrong with just using the map on the NWS webpage for your point forecasts? Works for me. I've bookmarked a few specific ones I use a lot.

Tricky to select on such a small screen.

Works for me. Maybe get some sorta pokey thing you can stab the screen with.