Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The cream always rises to the top. Pretty cool trip, and some amazing lines skied! Nice work!

coldfeet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkez View Post
    Glad everybody enjoyed. Lee scooped me on my own TR...how bad is that. I just never post on TGR so I guess he spammed it for me!
    haha, Lee is everywhere!

Fully enjoyed this TR. I agree, awesome!
    Nice work guys. Way to get after it!!

Sick! Super jealous that you got to ride some big lines like that with good snow.

How were the soft boots for the multi-day trip?
    No kick turns
    No mercy

THAT is what the front page of this board should be like....awesome.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

It was no Alta lift line aggro head-butt go pro shit, but not every thread can have it all

I don't know if we can handle this much stoke in our fragile state. That may have been more stoke than everyone else has contributed all winter combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinthetrees View Post
    Your TR's never disappoint!!! Truly inspiring!!!
    Thnx 4 sharing
    Did you read the TR?

Whilst awesome, it is not Mr Lee's.
    Life is not lift served.

Relax dude.

Seeing as it makes you feel better, sure! I work in a cubicle 60 hours a week and get antsy to ski 10 days a year.

This trip into the mountains looks fantastic, and I've said as much twice already on the previous page.
    Life is not lift served.

Poor mr wilks scooped on his own TR by the nefarious LeeLau!

This TR is money, the fact that I was not in the area nor able to drop everything and and head to the hills makes wish I was still on the ski team.

The AK chapter should rip.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Awesome!
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    Sick! Super jealous that you got to ride some big lines like that with good snow.

How were the soft boots for the multi-day trip?
    Soft boots pretty much suck,liners get soaked,then you gotta sleep with them and they don't dry proper,then the shells are frozen solid in the morning,as soon as the boots go on you lose feeling in your toes,put on the down jacket,skin like crazy until your torso is hot n gamey,after 2 hours your good!

We find that getting back to camp by 4pm then tent is warmish and they dry out some then too

It's all worth it though!

Ever thought about riding hard boots? (like packed out sloppy old touring boots), just wondering.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Great pics, nice ride too.

gav thinks it will make him become a poncy skier. Riding hard boots would make too much sense.

gav i will get you hard boots in green. Irish yoga stickers on all sides

Quote Originally Posted by gavkm27 View Post
    Soft boots pretty much suck,liners get soaked,then you gotta sleep with them and they don't dry proper,then the shells are frozen solid in the morning,as soon as the boots go on you lose feeling in your toes,put on the down jacket,skin like crazy until your torso is hot n gamey,after 2 hours your good!
    you are just too core!
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

bumpin this dandy stokefest

Nice LeeLau. I hope you manage to get it done. The terrain out that way looks off the hook.

My impression is most of the people who do trips like this are like mid-30s to 50s. It takes serious time and money investment in equipment and skills to get to that level imo, hence fewer 20s olds. (Not to mention 20 year olds tend to be too antsy for this kind of thing.. or at least I was). I just turned 30 and have been doing hte mountain thing for about 3 years and stuff like that is still sort of out of reach for me.. but one day... I wonder how many fanatics never get the chance.

gavkm27 just needs to bring more pairs of socks imo.

Quote Originally Posted by gavkm27 View Post

We find that getting back to camp by 4pm then tent is warmish and they dry out some then too

It's all worth it though!
    Damn, I was hoping that you figured out the secret trick for keeping soft boots from becoming a pain in the ass on multi-day trips. Looking to do some stuff like this in the future, but there's no way in hell I'll snowboard in hard boots.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Quote Originally Posted by theshredder View Post
    Nice LeeLau. I hope you manage to get it done. The terrain out that way looks off the hook.

My impression is most of the people who do trips like this are like mid-30s to 50s. It takes serious time and money investment in equipment and skills to get to that level imo, hence fewer 20s olds. (Not to mention 20 year olds tend to be too antsy for this kind of thing.. or at least I was). I just turned 30 and have been doing hte mountain thing for about 3 years and stuff like that is still sort of out of reach for me.. but one day... I wonder how many fanatics never get the chance.

gavkm27 just needs to bring more pairs of socks imo.
    Tyler just graduated from University, He's 26 and broke, looking for work and an environmental engineer somewhere where the riding and biking is good! We'd like him to stick around Vancouver though so he can continue to build trails here!

Gav is 30. He's also an industrial diver with no commitments so loaded.
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    Damn, I was hoping that you figured out the secret trick for keeping soft boots from becoming a pain in the ass on multi-day trips. Looking to do some stuff like this in the future, but there's no way in hell I'll snowboard in hard boots.
    We have figured it out,bring 2 pairs of liners with you,Intuition are super light and dry fast.

For our AK trip we have a 20lb Propane tank with a heater,we are getting flown to the glacier by fix winged plane so can afford some luxuries!

i'm not a snowboarder. if liners are wet from foot sweat, my suggestion: vapor barrier socks when touring. this should help a ton with keeping liners dry from foot sweat and your feet (in intuition liners, at least) will be just as wet.

Now THAT was damn solid. Super nice work!!!!

Great editing on the vid, and that fast-action sequence towards the end was a class touch!

Nice music selection, too. What group did that last "Phase Three" song...I really liked that one.

I cook in the vestibule all the time, of course I'm lazy as hell in camp!...on mine there is a relief flap that the vapor goes right out of, plus two more flaps in the main tent,...depends on your particular outer fly design though....and I nearly burned my tent up one time when my little brass Svea decided to turn into a flame-thrower!!

Oh...on that propane heater you guys plan on bringing to Haines...make sure you bring a proper heat distributer/
    deflector with it...otherwise they tend to put out WAY more vapor than they're worth.

I'm jonesing for one of those sweet Jones!!!

--
    Last edited by Alaskan Rover; 03-24-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Well, that was worth reading. Thanks!
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

tunes were - The XX 'Intro' & Vroony 'Phase 3'