Mt hood meadows demo day roundup

Hey just thought I'd give a quick compario between the skis I demo'd today.
    Me: 5'7" 175lbs
    Conditions: tracked up ~4" of fairly dense powder on top of soft snow. on-piste was also pretty soft. skis listed in order tried:

Squad 7 - (marked at 188 on ski, I thought it was supposed to be 190?): obviously hard to rate a 120mm when not skiing powder, however ski felt plenty burly. What little crud there was it demolished easily. Definitely wanted to carve on that 29m turning radius when locked in, however the tails broke free easily, allowing for quick hockey stops and the like. Will definitely want to try this in deeper conditions. A little twitchy running bases flat. Surprising heavy for a carbon stringered, no titanal ski.

Dynastar Cham 107 184?: Seemed relatively soft. Carved extremely well, however this was it's weakness IMO. Once locked in, it wanted carve fully through the full arc. With a 20-21m meters turning radius, I found this to be too long for quick, fast turns, and too short to really zip around.

PB&J: Nothing new here

Nordica Helldorado 185: Probably my favorite ski of the day. Reminded me of the cochise, but livelier and more reactive to skier input. Fairly damp, ate up crud, and railed the groomer. Wanted you to press into your boots, which enabled you to bang out variable radius turns fairly easily. With the rocker profile, I think it would be enough for all but the deepest powder days, while being nimble enough for days like today. Not a quiver of one, but I could see having this, and then a narrower ski for hard days.

Salomon Rocker 115 178: Probably the most easy going ski of the bunch. At 178, not as stable as the others. Large sweet spot, and surprisingly nimble for something 115 underfoot. Not as much of a charger as the helldorado, but the fun, lightweight feel will make up for that for some. No issues skiing bases flat, or carving around. Kind of reminds me of my CRJs, but more stable and a better carver. I can certainly see salomon selling a ton of these.
    Last edited by GIJoePSA; 03-18-2012 at 10:24 PM.