Liberty Helix losing camber

I noticed the other day that my Liberty's have developed a new caver profile. These are the 10/11 version with Fat Head technology but no actual rocker in the design. I just had the stone ground and when I put them base to base I noted they now have an odd sort of camber profile much like the camber of the fucked up S6. E.g., they have a slight 2-3 mm separation for about 70 cm from the tip then come together for 5-10 cm then separate again for about 20 cm then come together again at the tail. Definitely NOT the profile they ha a
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

At purchase. These were the regular season release so they had traditional camber. Will add photos later. Question is are they bent or blown out? Should I be shopping for new sticks?
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

WTH? I Don't have any insight, but this doesn't sound right.

I am no skibuilder but skis are made of wood = living material. seems natural that they will decamber / change camber during their lifecycle.. or through temperature changes.
    How do they ski? Do you notice at all? It will probably not improve the ski, but I personally believe one should not get too hung up on slight camber changes. Just grip it an rip it, right?

Maybe some of the skibuilders on here can chime in.
    “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.”
    ― William Gibson

I noticed my skis do that a little when you squeeze them. I think the force of the camber is making look wrong when squeezed together or locked together with the brake arms, but otherwise, it's fine.

just my $0.02

One more question: ever get a core shot on them?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I noticed my skis do that a little when you squeeze them. I think the force of the camber is making look wrong when squeezed together or locked together with the brake arms, but otherwise, it's fine.

just my $0.02

One more question: ever get a core shot on them?
    Ah, intestesting point, and question. Only, these don't have brakes on them. I've got them drilled twice and inserts embedded: FKS and Dynafits (without brakes installed). I haven't lined them up with the FKS to compare but with no pressure and just a soft line up base to base, I get the weird camber pattern. Haven't noticed them skiing wonky.

They have a few core shots. Though all are on the edges, but no blow outs. two core shots were continuous, one size of a nickel, the other, 3/4" X 2" or so. I'll check to see if that is the ski with the odd camber.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    Ah, intestesting point, and question. Only, these don't have brakes on them. I've got them drilled twice and inserts embedded: FKS and Dynafits (without brakes installed). I haven't lined them up with the FKS to compare but with no pressure and just a soft line up base to base, I get the weird camber pattern. Haven't noticed them skiing wonky.

They have a few core shots. Though all are on the edges, but no blow outs. two core shots were continuous, one size of a nickel, the other, 3/4" X 2" or so. I'll check to see if that is the ski with the odd camber.
    Stuck beat me to the question. Getting water into a wood core can actually warp the ski, so that might be why you are seeing a difference in camber. If someone fucked up the insert install that is also a possible way to get the core wet.

Has it changed how they ski?

Did you ski for a while with the core shot exposed? That could possibly do it.