Bitcoin BTC Talk and Discussion

Not just for shady purposes.
    Bitcoins are a decentralized internet commodity.

http://bitcoincharts.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Appears that most of the risk coming from BTC is in the exchange process from USD, etc into BTC. The culprit is mostly people buying using paypal or credit cards who then do a chargeback and the seller of the BTCs are out.

It is a tad bit like the Wild Wild West. I just saw someone sell a Bitcoin Bank recently out of US hands to a Canadian. Wow! Try selling a bank with USD, hell try starting a bank for that matter.
    www.freeridesystems.com

I don't trust the exchange mechanism.

transactions are public and you can follow them easily

the exchanges are run by companies and individuals.

there is also a forum where members are trading amongst themselves.

I wouldn't put my retirement in Bitcoins though.
    www.freeridesystems.com

bitcoins are fucking retarded and anyone who uses them is an idiot. I heard buttcoins are the new thing though:

http://buttcoin.org/
    Last edited by jamal; 03-18-2012 at 02:59 AM.

heard this on the news the other day. there's a guy in alberta trying to sell his house via bitcoin....should be interesting.

http://www.forsalebyowner.ca/listing...pass-AB/124988

Well, the first time I heard about Bitcoins was from a 20 year old college slacker kid who was trying to show me how I could run a bot to turn multiple computers into 'Zombies' so that you could "solve the algorithm", according to him, and this would somehow generate one BitCoin every 24-36 hours or so.

Uh, yeah, seems like a super legit system....

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Well, the first time I heard about Bitcoins was from a 20 year old college slacker kid who was trying to show me how I could run a bot to turn multiple computers into 'Zombies' so that you could "solve the algorithm", according to him, and this would somehow generate one BitCoin every 24-36 hours or so.

Read the Economist article.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Read the Economist article.
    I did.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post

Not to mention that turning out a bitcoin currently valued at $90 every 30 hours yields an average income of $72 per day. Minimum wage seems a little low to be solving increasingly complex algorithms

The whole idea is doomed to failure. The near-anonymity of bitcoin transactions and possible chance to dodge taxes is way offset by the risk from hackers and ripoff artists out there. The opportunity for "forgery" is huge. Then theres the big swings in valuation because so little is in circulation -even after this latest runup the total supply is worth less than $1billion.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Bitcoins are blowing up ....
    WOW!!! Up over $500 now!

watch the world's currencies flow into BTC in realtime
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post

I wouldn't put my retirement in Bitcoins though.
    = Doh!

One of the best, and legit arguments I've heard recently for bitcoin's is foreign currency remittances. Worldwide diaspora's are sending billions home to family and getting stung w' huge transaction costs. Bitcoin's let them do it for a fraction of the cost, especially on small sums. I won't cry a tear if Western Union gets rendered obsolete by bitcoin. I will however be pretty scared if governments can't operate because tax revenue dries up because bitcoin replaces gov't back currency!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by System_D View Post
    One of the best, and legit arguments I've heard recently for bitcoin's is foreign currency remittances. Worldwide diaspora's are sending billions home to family and getting stung w' huge transaction costs. Bitcoin's let them do it for a fraction of the cost, especially on small sums.
    2 currency changes are better than one? huh? it's goldbuggery without gold; same stupid people

TSX-V junior "mining" exploration leisure company is setting up a bitcoin exchange, and paying their contractor for "exploration" "work" on their "project" with the bitcoins

beginning of the end.

I barely understand bitcoins and the other online currencies. Though I do "own" 1000 Ripples, I have no fucking clue what they are or what I should do with them. But hopefully they become valuable, and I can be rich, biatch!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy