Rogers Pass.. i can't see

True winter is back! Today was pretty nutso...

40-50cm more expect in the upcoming days too.

And one more from a month ago..

get up here!

Grooming sux up there

Quite dreamy
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

loved it. thanks for posting.

Stfu and move along geezerfag

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by geezerb View Post
    wow nice n deep but It looks pretty mellow. y not go up to ursa or ncr I'm sure that would be more thrilling than wiggling around on some flats. I'm not trying to be an ass but If your going to tour might as well BUTTER THE GNAR
    well considering the exposure on those lines+ current new loading+ wind its probably not a good idea to ski steep open areas. Hense the low angle trees. Not trying to be an ass but he probably enjoys his life and would probably enjoy continuing to live it.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

wow nice n deep but It looks pretty mellow. y not go up to ursa or ncr I'm sure that would be more thrilling than wiggling around on some flats. I'm not trying to be an ass but If your going to tour might as well BUTTER THE GNAR
    Moron. Upside down snow pack, windloading, NRC triggers sz 1.5s on mellow convexities at will even before this last storm. You're either trying to be an ass, a massive fucktard or both. Why not geezer your way down Frequent Flyer champ? Bring back pictures

that is true the avy conditions are bad, but usually ursa is a pretty safe bet no? nevermind the cheops
    You have no idea what you are talking about. The fellow getting face shots does.

few reasons to add to Lee and Lamothe's points:
    a) every permit area but Grizzly was closed yesterday, so Connaught was the best bet for me
    b) visibility was very poor. was between OVC and X throughout the day, so trees were the right call
    c) There is size 5-30 SH buried 90cm down and size 2-6 SH down 85cm
    d) Temperature overnight was -5, which rose to 0 during the day. I'm not sure what your snowpack knowledge is, but this is a good example of storm slabbing. The video didn't show it, but I was setting off slabs and remotes from skinning and skiing, size 1-1.5 (took out a large chunk of the drainage I skied).

I was not complaining in the least; mellow trees and pops are fine with me with these conditions: http://avalanche.pc.gc.ca/bulletin-e...=1&d=TODAY&r=3

Anyways, just got back from a quick lap in Teddybear trees. Ridiculously dense, hard to ski snow. 20cm of 120kg/m3 on 30cm of now 60kg/m3. Bombing producing size 2.5-3.5, 3/4 path. Oh well.. at least yesterday was great!

Very nice I was up there on the 23rd in the exact same conditions in the exact same place. The pass was closed for two days and when it opened he conditions were unbelievable.

When stuff is hitting the highway that does so less than once a decade (not so far away at Three Valley), then perhaps there are better ideas than committing suicide.