Recommend a bike shop in Bozeman?

Need to have some work done on my bike to ready it for spring break. Can anyone recommend a shop to bring it to? Or to stay away from?

I've always had good luck with Summit.

Roundhouse or summit

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I avoid most of them and make the trek to GAS in Big Sky. Ask for Skye (sp?).

Quote Originally Posted by Skipig25 View Post
    Roundhouse or summit
    x2. Roundhouse isn't the friendliest place in the world, but they've been efficient and reasonably priced. I've always felt welcome at Summit, which isn't always the case if you didn't buy your bike at the shop.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

As of last summer, I pretty much do all my business with Owenhouse. They donate more time/tools/$$$ to The Dirt Concern and the GVBC than any other shop, hands down. I feel like the guys were pretty standoffish at first but are pretty cool now and very helpful. My $.02

Yeah, I've been hearing good things about Owenhouse as of late. They used to be dicks.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

I used to go to Owenhouse and Bangtail, though it's been a while.

As a side note, One of the fellas who works at Summit also works with one of the local wildernut groups (I believe MWA, I won't name him here, but it's easy enough to figure out), in town. He's been an advocate of more wilderness and trail closures to bikes. I like Steve the owner, but there is no way in hell I'm spending a dime at a shop who has some dude who is personally trying to fuck over our sport. IMOFWIW.

Alright great, thanks for all the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    As a side note, One of the fellas who works at Summit also works with one of the local wildernut groups (I believe MWA, I won't name him here, but it's easy enough to figure out), in town. He's been an advocate of more wilderness and trail closures to bikes.
    WTF?? Does he booby-trap the bikes he works on too?

While we're on the topic of Bozeman here... Will there be anything rideable within 2 hours between 3/25 to 4/20?

Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    WTF?? Does he booby-trap the bikes he works on too?
    my guess is no. probably not the best business decision. regardless of whatever his deal is (i myself am totally all about more wilderness. there's still plenty of great places to ride around here.) i'd still trust the guys at summit over most other shops i've had experiences around here. plus, they're not douchebags.
    step off the A, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    While we're on the topic of Bozeman here... Will there be anything rideable within 2 hours between 3/25 to 4/20?
    Scratchgravels in Helena might be.

Pipestone might be good. I'll be in the area that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Right on. I'll be living up at Big Sky during that time frame. Hoping to ski most days, but if conditions suck I might look for some trails to ride. I'll have my bike with me too. Would love to meet some MT Mags. Maybe will get in touch as the trip draws closer

Quote Originally Posted by newe english View Post
    my guess is no. probably not the best business decision. regardless of whatever his deal is (i myself am totally all about more wilderness. there's still plenty of great places to ride around here.) i'd still trust the guys at summit over most other shops i've had experiences around here. plus, they're not douchebags.
    I take it you never rode all the stuff we recently lost on/off the Crest. Major loss IMHO. More to come. Plenty of wilderness over here (Livingston), not sure why so many BWAGs and such think we need more. It's always empty as far as I can tell. I guess it just gives people the warm fuzzys when they drive 19th and see how we've fucked the valley up to think we need to slap a W on some more land. I don't know, just thinking aloud here. Just bummed to lose so much sledding and mountain biking the last few years. This sure as hell isn't the Montana I grew up in.
    Sorry to cunt up your thread OP.

Lewis & Clark would be a good option.

newe english - this wilderness shit is just that - shit. but yeah, as hick said, it's a topic for another thread.

I avoid most of them and make the trek to GAS in Big Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Whaaaaat?

I'm buyin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Whaaaaat?

I'm buyin!!!
    Wanna pedal Saturday? I'm thinking either L&C or Pipestone since it's supposed to be uber warm in the valley. Plus, I still owe you some IPAs.

/threadjack

On topic, I am a huge proponent of Owenhouse. I've known a few of the guys for several years and I ride with some of them. As long at you aren't some bike JONG with a beater for a bike and an entitlement complex, they are the best I've found.