Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OK to lay into female Amazon.com customer via email -- or is it criminal threatening?

I sold a $60 CD box set through Amazon back in January. The woman buyer emailed me a few days after she received it saying she wanted to return it because she found a cheaper one. I never responded. Amazon stepped in and essentially awarded the woman the right to keep the box set and refunded her all the money (by deducting it from my account) aka I took it in the ass, lubeless.

I asked the woman nicely to please send me back the CDs. She replied with a snarky "you live and learn. Amazon ruled in my favor that I get to keep the money and the CDs." I'm almost sure it's some 19 year-old college student. I took the issue up with Amazon, but they've repeatedly told me the "transaction is closed and can't be reopened," because I never responded to the buyer's original email. I asked the buyer politely a second time to send the CDs back. She replied "If you do not stop contacting me I will report you to Amazon" -Sent from my iPhone

I want to lay into this chick, just something short and sweet, like how I hope she gets raped and catches AIDS or something. Which has gotten me thinking... could this be considered criminal threatening? She lives 400 miles away... but we do have each others addresses. I'm fine with just letting this one go if it could potentially bring legal issues my way. That being said, if there's really no chance of that then I would like to throw her a brief dose of degradation considering she burned me.

Garnish her wages
    Decisions Decisions

Sounds like a stupid idea to me since you let it happen by not dealing with it in the first place. Threaten legal action vs. amazon or small claims court against her?

Honestly this sounds like fantastic Judge Judy material.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

people still buy CD's?

Send her a note about mp3's, maybe she'll be so happy to figure those out that she'll give you back the box set?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by arewolfe View Post
    I'm almost sure it's some 19 year-old college student...

I want to lay into this chick, just something short and sweet, like how I hope she gets raped and catches AIDS or something.
    And how old are you then?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Amazon stepped in and essentially awarded the woman the right to keep the box set and refunded her all the money (by deducting it from my account)
    Well, gee, that was nice of them. Sounds like a good reason to never sell anything through Amazon.

If you had responded in the first place you might have some ground to stand on. Since you didn't, you don't, so STFU and learn your lesson.

Who the fuck owns CDs these days anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMessenger View Post
    If you had responded in the first place you might have some ground to stand on. Since you didn't, you don't, so STFU and learn your lesson.
    man, don't you want to just kill this guy sometimes?

fair point though, why no initial response?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Take the low road. You may regret it, but at least you'll get a good story out of it.

The story will be that he said some really vile shit to a kid on the internet that didn't fix the problem and didn't make anybody happier. That is not a good story.

^^^ you're so unimaginative.

No, he is. He's got her name and address, he should seduce the girl's dad via Facebook, or something.

in order to answer your question we must know what cd box set you owned and now sold to a 19 yr old girl.

I never use amazon, so forgive me if I am off base here buuuuttttt.....the OP sold something on amazon to a third party. Transaction was consummated and then third party found the merch for a cheaper price and wanted to renege and the OP said fuck that, and then amazon, with their amazing powers of jurisdiction awarded the third party BOTH the CD's AND the money? I am sure someone will tell me what I am so clearly missing here that makes this sound so much more reasonable. Why does OP need to respond to a buyer who has already bought the item? Ownership changes after delivery and payment, no?

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Why does OP need to respond to a buyer who has already bought the item? Ownership changes after delivery and payment, no?
    That's what I thought. This makes me super leery of doing any transactions on Amazon. This sounds like weird shady shit.

Tell her the whole thing can end in exchange for nekkid pics
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    I never use amazon, so forgive me if I am off base here buuuuttttt.....the OP sold something on amazon to a third party. Transaction was consummated and then third party found the merch for a cheaper price and wanted to renege and the OP said fuck that, and then amazon, with their amazing powers of jurisdiction awarded the third party BOTH the CD's AND the money? I am sure someone will tell me what I am so clearly missing here that makes this sound so much more reasonable. Why does OP need to respond to a buyer who has already bought the item? Ownership changes after delivery and payment, no?
    I'm wondering this as well. My guess is that perhaps Amazon requires sellers to sign some kind of contractual buyer-protection deal, where a buyer's complaint is automatically credited unless the seller responds? There are a ton of shady sellers on Amazon Marketplace - way more than shady buyers, I'd guess - so it wouldn't surprise me if there are some buyer-friendly provisions of the reseller agreement with Amazon. Just a guess, though - would have to see the fine print to verify.

As for the OP's original question, flaming the buyer's not gonna get your CDs or money back, and could just open the door to more problems (you never know how crazy the other person might be). I'd personally write this one off and move on with my life.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

I didn't respond initially because I am not a corporation, so when I sell something at a person to person level I don't expect to have to give a refund given a reasoning as shitty as hers. She could have easily just listed the item for sale again and sold it in a day like I did (check current lowest price on Amazon ---> list it for 3 dollars cheaper ---> problem solved).

I know we all expect to be able to return anything we don't want because corporations can afford to do that and it's the norm now. But when it comes to personal sales I don't have time for that shit unless it's for a legitimate reason (i.e. item didn't function or wasn't as described in the sale listing). If I go buy a pair of skis off Craigslist from someone down the road, I'm not going back to ask for my money back a week later if I find something cheaper. That's just cuntbaggery. Unfortunately this deal was through Amazon, so the corporate factor was part of it, and I took it up tha poopa.

Edit: Yup, I'm almost positive I signed some bullshit without reading it that said I would forfeit the item if this type of situation arose. You know, one of those 20,000-word consent boxes where you just click "I agree" and move on.

I didn't respond initially because I am not a corporation, so when I sell something at a person to person level I don't expect to have to give a refund given a reasoning as shitty as hers. She could have easily just listed the item for sale again and sold it in a day like I did.
    Dude. Why do you think she won't send you the CD's? She doesn't have them anymore.

jgb@etree Guest
    Post her email & contact details here & maybe a maggot can pay her a visit.

Um, on thing noticeably void in this conversation is the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up to sell shit on Amazon.... either way it doesn't seem like there is a lot of win here.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Dude, you have her address.

Last time I checked dog shit is pretty cheap. Drive a few towns over and mail her a little "surprise"

Consider it a $60 lesson life and business. You got off light....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer28 View Post

Last time I checked dog shit is pretty cheap. Drive a few towns over and mail her a little "surprise"
    Using the federal mail system to threaten/intimidate = not the smartest idea. Again, who knows how crazy she is, or how much money and time she has on her hands that she could use to make your life miserable. Why start a pissing match? Take your lumps and move on.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Using the federal mail system to threaten/intimidate = not the smartest idea. Again, who knows how crazy she is, or how much money and time she has on her hands that she could use to make your life miserable. Why start a pissing match? Take your lumps and move on.
    Agreed. Make sure you send it via Fedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer28 View Post

you are supposed to put it under the car door handles, it's in the TGR sign up agreement.