Video TR: Colorado's February Redemption

The month of February continued to deliver with storm after storm. Colorado's 2011/2012 season has been redeemed. Some warm weather closed out the month, turning any sun-facing lower elevations to mank, but with storms on the horizon, the goods will return, and February will close out with one final delivery. Avalanche conditions are still high, and keeping us off of any sustained steeps. Despite that, I still set off a slide on a moderate slope. With good partners who were paying attention, a solid avalanche plan in place, and a healthy dose of speed, danger was averted.

I realize I can't get away with posting a stoke video that contains a slide, even a smallish one, without some form of armchair quarterbacking and slide discussion. I suppose I might end up regretting adding that clip in, but if it raises some awareness, then I'll call that breaking even. If you could, please contain such discussion to this thread, where the decision making process is explained:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...smallish-slide

I'm not posting this for any claim - just wanting to share some stoke from an awesome month. Thanks, and enjoy!
    (Features jbski and BULLDOZER, as well as a few nonmags)

Looks super fun. I can't wait to ski tomorrow morning.

(glad you or your friends weren't buried.)

Dude, the line that starts at 2:52 looks SOOOOOOO much bigger than last year with the lack of snow...holy crap, nice work. Is that last shot of the slide where I think it is (lower BH), or is that Timber Falls? I honestly do not know Timber Falls all that well, only RC and BH.

I am super stoked to be visiting a couple of those exact places tomorrow, but am going to be playing it ULTRA conservative and sticking to zones that are not in the open at all.
    You should have been here yesterday!

well that could have been edited down to about 23 seconds.
    Ski more blog less - Foggy Goggles

Hahaha, love your stoke bro! Awesome to hear the hoots, hollers, and joy that comes with getting after it! Obviously glad the slide went as uneventful as possible - sounds like you understand where you and your risk tolerance is and made group decisions to suit!

Either way, thanks for posting B!
    An Evolutionary Rider

www.PeaksforPeace.com