Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I'm not sure what I find harder to believe - that this guy is real, or a troll actually put this much work into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Anal View Post
    I have been thinking, and it has occurred to me that a man's center of mass is somewhat higher on the body than a woman's center of mass. Thus, I have imagined a separate style that is more suitable for a woman.

I present to you: Vagina carving.

Vagina carving is about harnessing gravitational and centripetal forces enacting on a woman’s body in a more intelligent way by using the vagina as one’s focal point (instead of say her poles or knees) because the vagina is a woman’s center of mass, or a very close representation of it.
    Adrian, see what I mean? A simple change to your method (vaginae are very popular), and you get no credit. Get on it, otherwise the vagina is going to rob you blind.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by biff chalupa View Post
    Get on it, otherwise the vagina is going to rob you blind.
    The revealed secrets of the heartcarve have their own forms of self protection.

The garden of Eden is only accessible by carving to those pure of heart and unaffected by the animal consciousness of the genitalia.

Captain Anal can try to usurp these mysteries, but he will fail. And I dare him. I highly doubt he will come out unscathed!
    http://heartcarve.com -- session progression

Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    The revealed secrets of the heartcarve have their own forms of self protection.

The garden of Eden is only accessible by carving to those pure of heart and unaffected by the animal consciousness of the genitalia.

Captain Anal can try to usurp these mysteries, but he will fail. And I dare him. I highly doubt he will come out unscathed!
    So are you refuting that a woman's center of gravity is lower? Or are you saying that this technique is not for women?
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.
    Thanks for the new signature.
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

I was heartcarving on 158cm Nordica Dobermanns in Whistler 2008 (116/64/104 11m). Good to learn on a WC SL ski actually. I find that the thicker and chunkier skiboards are a little slower edge to edge - but each ski has its nuances and benefits, it's good to have a few in the bag and under your thumb.
    So why did you go to the ski boards and abandon the SL skis?

BTW that is NOT a WC SL ski. Although, you may not notice the difference...

You realize that a 6M radius ensures that you will actually be sliding almost every one of your turns and not carving right? When you put a 6M radius up on edge you probably shorten it to 3.5-4.5M. This is also (part of and evidenced by) why your inside ski is further forward than your downhill ski. You are sliding your turns, not carving. That is also probably why you like the short skis rather than the SL skis because they hide the sliding feeling as there is less edge on the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

BTW that is NOT a WC SL ski.

You realize that a 6M radius ensures that you will actually be sliding almost every one of your turns and not carving right? When you put a 6M radius up on edge you probably shorten it to 3.5-4.5M. This is also (part of and evidenced by) why your inside ski is further forward than your downhill ski. You are sliding your turns, not carving. That is also probably why you like the short skis rather than the SL skis because they hide the sliding feeling as there is less edge on the snow.
    That is not a WC SL ski. Not back then at least. A lot of women ski on a 158 now. But not back then.

And thats why I call it heart sliding

if you're trying for terminal velocity isn't it easier not to carve at all? just sayin
    "I'm only human Harry!"

Every ski has a different optimal carve speed (in a range) and optimal carve slope angle (in a range.)

I might want to hit 100 mph to get a comfortable carve in a DH ski. Less in a GS, Less in a slalom and less in a skiboard. Likewise, if the slope angle increases, the comfortable carves come at a lesser speed.

One interesting thought I had was if I am accelerating down a hill, should I wait till I hit T.V. before unweighting a foot to get a turn? How long should I wait? The answer depends on the ski.. if it's a steep run and I am at 100mph on a skiboard and unweight, it's going to chatter and slide, it won't work.

Another thought I had was responsiveness. The DH ski will be less responsive than the skiboard generally speaking. I liken this to gears on a bike. At a low gear, small movements on the pedals cause more speed and response to the back wheel. High gears cause less, and this can be good to lessen the load. A skiboard is a low gear, a DH ski a high gear: I am talking about what the ski does in response to what I do with my body. You could also liken it to a steering wheel that requires a lot of turns and one that requires a few to get around the same bend.

Basically, I suspect I could run a slalom course on Skiboards and expend less bodily energy and require less movements than if I were on a Slalom ski. Not quite sure about the carve/slide ratio, that may be worse on the skiboard.

A slalom ski to me (around 11m radius) is a medium type gear: I can play around with my body (or rather heart) in many ways and get a response and feedback at an average ski speed. With a skiboard, I am compelled to start carving it up at lower speeds to be in that zone I was talking about at the beginning. But the benefit is that the skiboard is more responsive to the movements I learned on the slalom ski so in a way it's more fun, but TV will be lower.

Basically, I suspect I could run a slalom course on Skiboards and expend less bodily energy and require less movements than if I were on a Slalom ski. Not quite sure about the carve/slide ratio, that may be worse on the skiboard.

Lol. Where to start? How do you compensate for lack of effective edge? Or being on skis with a dramatically shorter turning radius than the turns in the course? A zig zag sort of approach?(which requires sudden, jerky movements... which are a waste of energy and result in skidding). Also, the fact that a major part of your technique involes 'unweighting' a ski leads to an unsmooth transition which also results in skidding(not carving). To save yourself from skidding, you must exert more energy and make more movements. ALSO but not dropping your hip, you have to make this giant movement from turn to turn that looks kind of like going from / to \. You have all that upper body mass that is just flopping from the left side all the way to the right side. Part of 'dropping the hips' means keeping the shit above your hips in the same damn place the whole time you are skiing(especially in a slalom course!), so all the movement is happening below your waist, which, if i'm not mistaken, requires less energy and movement than whatever the hell it is that you're doing. And I won't even get started on the whole twisting and yaw and rotation thing.

I am ashamed of myself after this rant but I will post it anyway.

I will go finish my bottle of bourbon and go sign up at epicski or maybe go see what greg has to offer at alpinezone now.

Speaking of alpinezone. Why haven't we heard from greg? Adrian have you posted this crap on alpinezone yet?

i had to register just to laugh at all you tards who dont realize your being trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    i had to register just to laugh at all you tards who dont realize your being trolled.
    We know we are being trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Anal View Post
    We know we are being trolled.
    really?

noooooooo!

Damn, I just ordered them skiboardlerblades.
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

No way............

8 pages...but it was quite humorous.
    Funny how the interwebs has evolved, (and im guilty as well) of knowing we are being trolled, but still go thru the motions of disputing the troll knowing its a farce the entire time. its a battle of who can last longer...the troll or the trollee(s)
    im sure there are college courses on interweb psychology at this point.

no wonder we are all eating shit sandwiches

8 pages...but it was quite humorous.
    Funny how the interwebs has evolved, (and im guilty as well) of knowing we are being trolled, but still go thru the motions of disputing the troll knowing its a farce the entire time. its a battle of who can last longer...the troll or the trollee(s)
    im sure there are college courses on interweb psychology at this point.

no wonder we are all eating shit sandwiches
    Way to ruin it.

Sorry Biff. But the interweb is the giant cold sore symptom of our viral, modern, me first, fuck you, ill do what i want society.

Sorry Biff. But the interweb is the giant cold sore symptom of our viral, modern, me first, fuck you, ill do what i want society.
    You still ruined it.

ken jongy needs to visit alpinezone.

hate those people...bu i will go back to lurking

Does anyone know if Heart carving is tested on the PSIA level III exam?

Quote Originally Posted by TGP Tech View Post
    dunno about PSIA, but heartcarving is fully PMTS compatible. the harbl himself has tried it and speaks of it highly.

Quote Originally Posted by TGP Tech View Post
    The tsunami is on its way. The PSIA may try to create some half-assed "integrated dual body zone" requirement but they'll never truly recover from what'll eventually hit them.

http://vimeo.com/channels/l3skiing

Bunch of good for nothings.

Bouncing around like ping pong balls. http://vimeo.com/channels/l3skiing#22520706

Must be all that transmutation of semen in the mouth.
    FIFY....

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    FIFY....
    Looking at your avatar, I'd say you fixed it for you.