Scott Crusair vs BD Drift

I am looking for an alpine touring ski and I've narrowed it down to the Black Diamond Drift and Scott Crusair. It is these skis because i can get killer deals on them. However, I am unable to try before I buy. I know its not optimal, but these are my two options. The BD Drift is $300 where the Crusair is $450. I like the idea of the carbon ski and am willing to spend the extra for it b/c it is 50% off.

Does the community have anything to say on these skis to help me make a decision? I'm going to most likely use Dynafit bindings.

edit:
    the BD Drift are 176
    the Scott Crusair are 179
    I am 5'10" and 165lbs and my current setup is the volkl mantra 177 with marker barons
    Last edited by Dukeaw; 02-26-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Is it this years Drift or the next? This and former year have, IMO, crazy soft tips and I think you should flex them before buying if you haven't already...

I use the Drifts as my lightweight touring ski. Soft tip, 100mm underfoot and lighter than the crusair. So its makes a great ski if you are looking to do nice powder tours, the rocker obviously helps in sun crust and more variable snow. But it does have a speed limit and that isn't very fast. So if you are trying to do big open GS style turns in the BC at high speeds I would look at a beefier ski. But for a ski under 7 pounds its hard to beat. They are a huge improvement in powder and sun crust over my traditional camber and shaped 110mm skis.
    They do tend to load up and spring you because they are fairly soft and snappy. IMHO when skiing powder in the backcountry it can be kind of fun to be on a soft ski which adds a little snap and bounce to the turns.
    Do to the conditions in the Wasatch this year, I have only skied stuff under 35 degrees with the difts. So I can't say how they handle the wide open faces, chutes or anything technical for that matter.

I haven't skied on the crusair but I would imagine it being a better "mountaineering" ski. Meaning better edge hold and better control in tight icy stuff (only because it is skinnier). Sounds like it is a bit heavier though.