Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can we revisit the idea of moving the conditions threads?

Or could we just make seperate "conidition/beta" (in the Condition fourm) and "stoke" (in Ski/Snowboard) threads for each region?
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

that's a good question. There's still rumblings out there of a bit of a re-org to the forum/subforum structure, but if that doesn't happen the double format [Jax/teton stoke in s/s: jax/teton conditions in snow conditions/weather] could be well worth considering...thoughts?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I like how threads exist for each region in the main forum.

Its like "chatter"

If you follow an area, you get a daily mix of stoke and conditions and chatter.

If you separate conditions and stoke, there will be less conditions reports.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I like how threads exist for each region in the main forum.

Its like "chatter"

If you follow an area, you get a daily mix of stoke and conditions and chatter.

If you separate conditions and stoke, there will be less conditions reports.
    Ski forum is a fucking discrace. It is the reason why friends (and self) have stopped posting tr's.

No idea of spending time for working on pic's and writing , when your post vanishes under the chatter within hours.
    Peeps will ALWAYS use the regional threads, regardless in what subforum they are in.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Ski forum is a fucking discrace. It is the reason why friends (and self) have stopped posting tr's.

No idea of spending time for working on pic's and writing , when your post vanishes under the chatter within hours.
    Peeps will ALWAYS use the regional threads, regardless in what subforum they are in.
    is your suggestion a TR only forum? Cuz yeah that's the highlight reel. Or a stoke thread and conditions/beta threads for each region?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    is your suggestion a TR only forum? Cuz yeah that's the highlight reel. Or a stoke thread and conditions/beta threads for each region?
    Meathelmets first statement about himself and others not posting TR's because of how quickly they get burried is true. Ive heard it in real life from other maggots too. It will probably take something pretty drastic for me to stop posting TRs since I enjoy writing them and sharing with whoever is interested. It does bum me out a bit when people who are interested miss them because they have lifes outside the internet and cant check everything on TGR daily. I miss some great stoke since (it seems like) it falls so much faster these days and seaching or browsing through pages of chatter is a huge waste of time.

Im really impartial as to how its done but it would be nice if stoke was more seperated from the "chatter".
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

I think that there is room for a new forum given that threads are getting burried within minutes in the main forum.

IMO, keeping Ski / Snowboard as related disucussion makes the most sense, with a new forum for TRs and other stoke. Sub-forums (where the threads of both subs would be visible in the parent) would be the best of all worlds, if possible.

Sent from my MB300 using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

Sub-forums (where the threads of both subs would be visible in the parent) would be the best of all worlds, if possible.
    This was tossed around in Todd's thread here.

This thread makes me wonder if that re-formatting might not be a bad idea...

I didn't realize the newposts feature could be locked down to specific forums like that, which is great news.

I have another suggestion: Bring back tags, but not in the same manner as they were implemented before. If a list of tags were created in advance (ie no ability given to create useless tags) for let's say each region, major resort, ski model, etc then after a while being able to look up posts for those subjects would be that much easier.

It would be better than search because (for example) a search for "Whistler" right now will turn up unrelated threads such as the Jumbo Resort thread where someone compared that proposal to Whistler. A tag search for "Whistler" site wide would turn up all condition, discussion, and stoke threads for only Whistler, a tag search for Whistler in the stoke-only forum would turn up only Whistler stoke threads and so on..

Sent from my MB300 using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

#1 reason for the lack of good TR's and stoke: the conditions threads. put them somewhere other than ski/snowboard.

Summer bump. Can we get this going for next year?
    More stoke, less shit.

BUMP! This shit is getting out-of-hand.

On the subject of what's wrong with this board, HOW ABOUT MOVING ALL THE CONDITIONS THREADS to the appropriately-named forum called ... you guessed it, Snow Conditions and Weather?

Montana does NOT 3 separate threads clogging up more important AND RELEVANT stuff.
    The Lease Coast does NOT need 4 separate threads about skiing on rocks and grass.
    Same applies to Colorado, PNW, Interior BC, Exterior BC, etc.

I get it. People post stoke there. Well guess what, SACK THE FUCK UP and make a TRIP REPORT consisting of dialogue, non-crappy cellphone photos, and TITS.

Nobody cares that you skied on November 24th and need to bump a lame ass thread to vindicate your lack of complete radness.

Fucking beaters.
    They're everywhere.

Thanks for bumping this. Re-reading it, sure sounds like there are more 'move' votes than 'keep' votes.

Is the consensus to move regional conditions threads to the Snow Conditions and Weather forum?
    Any votes to consider regional 'stoke' threads in s/s, or TR's only?

thanks for the input-

Any votes to consider regional 'stoke' threads in s/s, or TR's only?

thanks for the input-
    I don't see a need to create regional TR (sub-)forums. It's nice having them all in one place living vicariously through others from all over the world.

Similarly, if all Conditions Threads are moved, I think they should all exist together in the Snow Conditions and Weather Forum. Sub-forums lead to clunkiness.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    I don't see a need to create regional TR (sub-)forums. It's nice having them all in one place living vicariously through others from all over the world.

Similarly, if all Conditions Threads are moved, I think they should all exist together in the Snow Conditions and Weather Forum. Sub-forums lead to clunkiness.
    agree, subforums are a whole different discussion, as is the broader forum reorg that Todd has proposed and still may happen...

i was thinking a 'JH Stoke 2012' thread in s/s, more for like a one-pic TR, but i suppose those could easily go in the conditions thread as well...

agree, subforums are a whole different discussion, as is the broader forum reorg that Todd has proposed and still may happen...
    Grow some balls and make it happen.

I'll even buy you a beer next time in Denver to see Walt Weiss.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG
    Montana does NOT need 3 separate threads
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaG
    people from Colorado (knumbskulls that they can be), created a Conditions Thread for the ENTIRE STATE
    In the case of Montana, I disagree with you.

Even though Bridger is only about 30 or 40 air miles from Big Sky & Moonlight, they get their storms from entirely different weather systems. So it is not uncommon at all for one or the other to get a 2-3 foot dump when the other area is dust on crust.

Also, the Bridger thread has been going for years and has TONS of excellent stoke specifically related to Bridger. Out of respect for the passionate people in the Bridger thread, a seperate Southwest Montana thread was started to cover Big Sky & Moonlight Basin.

I assume the 3rd thread is the Snowbowl thread. Again, it is 200 miles away and on the other side of the Continental Divide. Their snow is radically different, and gets completely different storms cycles from an entirely different direction the the areas east of the divide. As well, Snowbowl skiers are very passionate about their cool little area, and I respect them for that.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Fine, you can keep your 18 Montana threads. But the larger discussion at hand is moving this shit from the S/S forum which continually and endless puts SOLIDLY WRITTEN & THOUGHTFULLY CONSTRUCTED stoke near fuller exposure.

Honestly, no one gives a shit about you skiing and posting about it every 5 days.

Here's a conditions thread for ya bro.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...at-s-up-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Grow some balls and make it happen.

I'll even buy you a beer next time in Denver to see Walt Weiss.
    not my call, i just try to collect good info and pass it on to the site owners...but may be in the FR in January...
    [may watch this thread for a day or two, make sure we don't miss good input, if it's mostly all for it i'd guess it will happen]

I think you should move them all. Yes, some people will bitch, but they'll get over it.

It will change the dynamics of this place, and will get people to start thinking that those threads are snow condition threads mostly. The CO Thread has plenty of occasional videos and photos people post. No big deal.

It would also be cool to have them all in that one forum which is pretty much being unused right now.

I'm still for it.
    More stoke, less shit.

given that there are a limited number of conditions threads, it doesn't seem like those are the threads that are pushing the stoke to the bottom of the pile

that said, since i subscribe to the conditions threads that I care about (and I suspect most others do too), it really wouldn't be a problem IMO to relocate them to another directory

Please do this soon. I don't even bother visiting the main forum anymore because it's full of "Official Conditions" threads, and they make everything else impossible to find.

I'm a 'new post' button pushing spaz, so it doesn't matter to me, but seems like it would make sense to move to the conditions sub-forum

....Then maybe make running threads for your region in S/S that are stoke only?

'Utah deep powdah stoke 12/13!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid