Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Who's out there today? I'm sticking to pavement until tomorrow. What say ye? Anyone wanna throw Highland pics up for us home and work-bound suckers?

Dicked around solo at STAB today. Great conditions and no bugs (yet).

I rode Highland for the later part of the afternoon. Long lines, but the trails are in great shape! Few mudholes in the usual spots, but so good to be riding that place again, gonna be a fun season!

No pictures of riding, but here's a nice one of some clouds rolling through Franconia Notch:

I went up to Mittersill yesterday in search of my missing contour. I lost it in the woods back in March; I felt like the chances of finding it were pretty decent. I looked for about 20 minutes the day I lost it, but there was just too much snow to find it.

It took maybe 40 mins max before I found it! It was just waiting there on top of the leaves exactly where I thought it would be!

So stoked I was able to get it! I hope it works, because there will be some awesome stuff on it from that day! Its sitting on my desk in a bag of rice, but it looked like it was in good shape and the battery didn't leak. Maybe their claims of being "water-resistant," are true! I'll report back with the prognosis tonight when I try and start it up.

That is good fortune, I bet your footy is intact.
    watch out for snakes

Willowdale (boring fire road, sorry- figure the dog makes it ok to post...):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0515.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	355.4 KB 
ID:	115482

hope it works out drying out the camera.

What is the line situation like at highlands? MTB noob. never been to a lift area. Is it sort of like a water park

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Just got back from a ride today, and I plan on riding all weekend long, and unless someone can convince me otherwise (or the paddling is good) I'll be at Drummer Hill.

There is also something lurking in the region that looks like this that I need to find out more about:
    eh, I think I saw that too the other day, looks cool, will have to make it a mission one of these days.

first pic is $$

Quote Originally Posted by mobygrape View Post
    eh, I think I saw that too the other day, looks cool, will have to make it a mission one of these days.

first pic is $$
    Rode stab today and had a really good time. Some really great trails. Would have been alot more fun on my Geared Fs bike but the SS was almost good enough.

First the people at Brownsville general store and super nice and made a kick ass roast beef sandwich. The area is absolutely beautiful.

The riding, there is some really fun trails here. South Ridge has this low speed technical flowly thing going. that was really fun. Blue Dipper and Gracies's are fast flowly more buff trails. There is also some stuff like falls from grace that is not really my cup of tea. Steep switchbacks IMO are not fun. Also there is more handlebar catchers(aka apex trees) there than just about any other place I have ridden. Annoying so IMO. I would rather the challenge of riding be on the trail then at handlebar height.

Overall worth the trip, we will be back. I am only saying what I did not like so that maybe the trails could get even better.

Update:

It works! Footage is intact (sadly I still have to sort out the record switch on this thing, it shuts off on me sometimes, so most of the cool stuff from that day is gone), camera powers on and records!

Here's a short clip of me being a dumbass (I didn't render it properly so its incredibly shaky...):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Le6IleuIP4

Dunno why, but video embedding isn't working for me...

So stoked I found this stupid little thing!

Nice footage pwbmps, looks like some good stuff up there, hope to sample the STAB goods in the near future.

Rode for many hours at Batchelor St. on saturday having a few run ins with those pesky trees bushwacker mentioned. Started off super slick but the sun came out and everything out as the day progressed. Slowed it down sunday across the way at Earl's trails, and took a few pics.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    Rode stab today and had a really good time. Some really great trails. Would have been alot more fun on my Geared Fs bike but the SS was almost good enough.

First the people at Brownsville general store and super nice and made a kick ass roast beef sandwich. The area is absolutely beautiful.

The riding, there is some really fun trails here. South Ridge has this low speed technical flowly thing going. that was really fun. Blue Dipper and Gracies's are fast flowly more buff trails. There is also some stuff like falls from grace that is not really my cup of tea. Steep switchbacks IMO are not fun. Also there is more handlebar catchers(aka apex trees) there than just about any other place I have ridden. Annoying so IMO. I would rather the challenge of riding be on the trail then at handlebar height.

Overall worth the trip, we will be back. I am only saying what I did not like so that maybe the trails could get even better.
    These folks have been building trails for over 20 years and their style is twisty switchbacks with apex trees for speed checks to keep the skidding down. Beats guide stones. Hoping to make it down there soon, Powbmps vid brought it back to the forefront of my mind.

Was out last night in Dennyland, tight switchbacks both up and down, so much fun to ride. Surprizingly no bugs, didn't really stop much either.

From one ledge to the next

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Dicked around solo at STAB today. Great conditions and no bugs (yet).

good stuff dude!
    nice soundtrack, bummer about MCA.
    bushwhacker, i don't think i've ever clipped a bar at STAB?
    VT-F, that's yer place i saw in the ski forum?
    well done sir! can you ride trail from the house?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post

I wish it was. Built it for the Padawan family. And yes I can ride from the house and from where I live just down the street.

I was going to hit the Tuesday night ride at stab this week, rain meant no, maybe next week or Sat/ Sun.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    good stuff dude!
    nice soundtrack, bummer about MCA.
    bushwhacker, i don't think i've ever clipped a bar at STAB?
    I run 700mm bars on a SS I need some room to sway.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    I run 700mm bars on a SS I need some room to sway.
    Yup. I run 730's on my SS, and I definitely notice trees that my riding buddies don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I was going to hit the Tuesday night ride at stab this week, rain meant no, maybe next week or Sat/ Sun.
    Weather is looking good this weekend. Was thinking about 8:15 to 11:00 or so on Saturday morning if anyone is up for some slow riding and waiting around.

Just went from 685 to 711, so that could be trouble.

FYI - Boston Strength in Numbers premiere

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 8pm
    Jerry Remy's Sports Bar

http://www.nemba.org/nembaevents/strengthinnumbersl.htm

spammy spam spam alert.

if anyone in nyc wants to come ride with the company I work for on Memorial Day at Plattekill... pm me for a coup.

Hoping to get some newbs into the sport so Gravity Lover can sell some more bikes
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    FYI - Boston Strength in Numbers premiere

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 8pm
    Jerry Remy's Sports Bar

http://www.nemba.org/nembaevents/strengthinnumbersl.htm
    You going? I occasionly ride with the guy who organized the event (one of the owners of Jerry remy's) and from talking to him it seems like quite a rad little event.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    spammy spam spam alert.

if anyone in nyc wants to come ride with the company I work for on Memorial Day at Plattekill... pm me for a coup.

Hoping to get some newbs into the sport so Gravity Lover can sell some more bikes

Did some Guerilla Trail Maintenance under the cover of darkness last night. Got some JONGs into the sport, and getting out for a ride with them again Sunday. I love introducing people to new sports. His 3rd ride ever and her first ride ever, and I think they're going shopping for a bike for her tomorrow. They're both roadies, but hopefully we can get them to come over to the dark side.

Also, looking for info on demo bikes somewhere between Hartford, CT and North Jersey. If anyone's got any suggestions or a bike they'll let me borrow for next weekend for my brother for a case of beer or something let me know. He's 6'2, so either a L or XL is probably necessary.

Also, is there anyone in CT that is going to the "Strength in Numbers" premiere at the Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford tonight?
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Did some Guerilla Trail Maintenance under the cover of darkness last night. Got some JONGs into the sport, and getting out for a ride with them again Sunday. I love introducing people to new sports. His 3rd ride ever and her first ride ever, and I think they're going shopping for a bike for her tomorrow. They're both roadies, but hopefully we can get them to come over to the dark side.

Also, looking for info on demo bikes somewhere between Hartford, CT and North Jersey. If anyone's got any suggestions or a bike they'll let me borrow for next weekend for my brother for a case of beer or something let me know. He's 6'2, so either a L or XL is probably necessary.

Also, is there anyone in CT that is going to the "Strength in Numbers" premiere at the Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford tonight?
    No help on a bike (mine are all way too small) but check into the crankfire and bikerag local forums, if you're not already on there. May be able to find a bike to borrow. I think there are some demo things going on various spots over the next couple weekends as well - might be able to hook up a ride somewhere for him that way.

No SIN for me - we're going to the Florence and the Machine show at Mohegan.

Yard crap this morning, then afternoon ride at Ninham later.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    No help on a bike (mine are all way too small) but check into the crankfire and bikerag local forums, if you're not already on there. May be able to find a bike to borrow. I think there are some demo things going on various spots over the next couple weekends as well - might be able to hook up a ride somewhere for him that way.

No SIN for me - we're going to the Florence and the Machine show at Mohegan.

Yard crap this morning, then afternoon ride at Ninham later.
    I've used them to look at trails in the area, but never the forums. I signed up for them, but I'd feel awkward being a non-contributing member asking someone to let me borrow a bike as my first post. It's slightly reminiscent of this post by droppinloads.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Needham tonight anyone? Thinking 6 to 730pm and post ride parking lot suds. PM for directions if you need em.

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    You going? I occasionly ride with the guy who organized the event (one of the owners of Jerry remy's) and from talking to him it seems like quite a rad little event.
    Yeah, planning on going. That's cool about the host, I thought it was an odd location but just chalked it up to be the usual mismatched location of a Boston bike/ski movie premiere that usually happens. looks like they are gonna be raffling off a bunch of sweet stuff.