Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Fun spin in Cutler Park today. Cordy is amazed at his own cornering speed after tearing around the Powell's Island figure eights a few times.

Attachment 114574
    Biggins and anyone else who rides cutler on the regular, drop me a pm next time you're heading that way after work. There is much better (and longer) riding in the vicinity, especially if you like it technical.

Quote Originally Posted by skibumnh View Post
    Biggins and anyone else who rides cutler on the regular, drop me a pm next time you're heading that way after work. There is much better (and longer) riding in the vicinity, especially if you like it technical.
    I'm going to be checking out the area sometime after work next week.
    Last edited by Anospa; 04-19-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skibumnh View Post
    There is much better (and longer) riding in the vicinity, especially if you like it technical.
    In, though you should know I'm a pussy. I'll drop a line sometime. I'm in Arlington/Waltham by the way.

Seems pretty worthwhile:

http://www.mountainonline.com/mounta...ying-cady-hill

Bushwacker- I'll take you up on the offer to guide around Stowe sometime this year for sure, thanks. Used to do a winter rental on Cady Hill and hiked up those trails a bit, psyched to get in there on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    A buddy of mine was saying something about Needham town forest having some fun stuff too, is that where you're talking about?
    I checked out all the local spots when I first moved here about 10 years ago and there wasn't shit around--especially in the Needham town forest. Curious where this is, too.

In, though you should know I'm a pussy. I'll drop a line sometime. I'm in Arlington/Waltham by the way.
    I'd be in, too. In Newton Upper Falls.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Starting to plan a week road trip for late summer early fall with a crew from Portland, ME. The loose plan is 5-7 days of XC riding around NH/VT hitting some of the crown jewels. Kingdom would definitely be one stop, maybe STAB, Millstone, tied in with some music in Burlington in a perfect world. Going to try for the Wilco show.

Suggestions for the targets? Most of us haven't really ridden VT much other than the Kingdom and looking to see 'new to us' zones.

dude seriously, do not skip on STAB!
    it's still, so under the radar.
    i really think it's the best, most accessible, xc/trail riding in NE.
    place flows like water for hours.
    no joke!
    i can give you guys a tour or suggest route options.
    woot
    crab in my shoe mouth

Seems pretty worthwhile:

http://www.mountainonline.com/mounta...ying-cady-hill

Bushwacker- I'll take you up on the offer to guide around Stowe sometime this year for sure, thanks. Used to do a winter rental on Cady Hill and hiked up those trails a bit, psyched to get in there on a bike.
    sweet so much more than cady hill. hope to see you guys up here .

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    I checked out all the local spots when I first moved here about 10 years ago and there wasn't shit around--especially in the Needham town forest. Curious where this is, too.

I'd be in, too. In Newton Upper Falls.
    Yeah Needham TF is still garbage. Ill PM you guys with the beta. Ill be riding the area tomorrow after work if either of you want to join.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    it's still, so under the radar.
    i really think it's the best, most accessible, xc/trail riding in NE.
    place flows like water for hours.
    no joke!
    i can give you guys a tour or suggest route options.
    woot
    Sounds good, muchos gracias.

Sorry to clutter with spam, but I picked up some Pearl Izumi Launch Gloves size XL, but they seem to fit more like a large. I paid about 27 shipped, anyone want them for the same price. They're the white/black ones pictured here: http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-iZUMi-14.../dp/B004EPY6SO

I know it's not huge savings, but they still are in the package and I can return them if necessary. I'll do 27 shipped or 23 in person.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Second this. STAB rules. The use of terrain is so good.

Just got into Beaver Brook/Rock Meadow in Belmont/Waltham, or the old Met State as the dirty 'ham kids call it. Pretty fun, at least one line was. If you're pressed for time in Northern Metro West it ain't a bad option. I love summer in April, though things are getting stupid dry out there. We need some sustained rainfall and quick.

We need some sustained rainfall and quick.
    Definitely. Sunday Monday look good, it will be measured in inches though so hopefully we don't end up with the opposite extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Drummer Hill didn't suck. Popping a brand new chain did, and got worse when I discovered my multitool's chain tool was out-of-comission. I'm planning on exploring Drummer Hill more tomorrow morning, but it looks like kayaking will be on the docket after that.

no, drummer hill did not suck today. Was out there around 1:30. Was that you and your girl we rode by just past the gate?

found some more flowy trails out there. I don't know my way around there, and just follow a friend each time I go out, but we went some new paths ( at least new to me!) and had a little less hikeabike.

sorry to hear about the chain, that blows.

looking a bit wet, but warm the next few days. Maybe I'll go rowing. Then if (when?) I dump the boat I'll already be wet

No, I was exploring solo. I found the parking on Drummer st when I coasted my way down there, so I think around 1:30 I was hiking up the hill to where I was parked (silver forester).

Way flowyer than much of what I've found so far in Leominster State Forest, and since it's about the same amount of time I think I'll be heading up to Drummer Hill more. Or at least Bitten was, but the other trails coming down into that drainage looked good too, but I really should find someone to chase around there.

It was hot. Somehow I didn't process it was 80 until I was churning up the hill.

At least the chain gave me an excuse to screw around at the bmx jumps in Winchendon after I put it back together.

Drummer Hill in Keene?

i was back at STAB yesterday. so fucking good!
    rode for over three hours.
    my boy Pedro at the 'height of land' safety meeting spot.
    nice lunch and burn on the big rock.
    crab in my shoe mouth

woot
    camp at the state park or is there someplace around where we won't get yelled at after curfew?

Rain is good. Knees will rest today, trails will firm up. Please bring more STAB stoke- I am getting psyched to check that out very soon.

Drummer Hill in Keene?
    Yup.

I really need to follow someone around there as my ride yesterday looks like some sort of gorgons knot.

Was anybody there for Kingdom Trails opening weekend? How the trails looking? Anything new?

back to fall riding gear today. tights and layers and whatnot.
    it was worth layering up though.
    town trails have really matured over the last two years.
    fast and flowy.
    dirt ribbon with ferns

edit:Fenris i haven't ridden in Keene for like five years. i hear there is a lot of new stuff down there. let me know if you plan to hit it again.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Just got back from a ride today, and I plan on riding all weekend long, and unless someone can convince me otherwise (or the paddling is good) I'll be at Drummer Hill.

There is also something lurking in the region that looks like this that I need to find out more about:

shed shit

watch out for snakes