Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Great night ride last night in Vietnam. Nothing like sending drops in the dark while its raining to up the excitement. With all the dust the rain was acutually a welcome sight.

12pm Saturday ride, 30 min west of Boston. Unrelenting and really fun technical singletrack for 1.5 to 2 hrs. PM if you want in.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Man, I gotta' get a trip up to Boston area to ride.
    Didn't we talk last year--you said you were going to come up to ride Nam or something?
    I haven't been to B&Ts in years--I'd like to hit that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    Cutler really doesnt require a tour, its pretty much out and back
    Yeah Anospa, it's fairly straightforward, but I'd go with you if you want. I'm slow and out of shape, and have a herniated disc, so I'm not even sure you'd want me to come anyway. Where in Newton do you live? I'm in Upper Falls and it's about a 10 minute ride from my place--super easy.

This map is decent for getting a general lay of the land, but it's not 100% accurate. The Powells Island loop/figure 8 is super fast and fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cutler.gif 
Views:	120 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	114272

There is also a trail on the west side of 95/128 that you can use to make a bigger loop. To access that on the south side you just cross the highway via the railroad bridge. The continuation of these trails on the east side of the Charles River (shown on map) aren't worth shit (or weren't a long time ago when I rode them)--I wouldn't even recommend going over there. I also don't usually ride south of the railroad tracks--there's not much down there other than a sand pit with one jump and a long ass boardwalk. It's worth doing your first time, but that's it.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Anyone want to do a techi/stunt ride get together? Thinking either Vietnam, Lynn or B&T's. Basically a ride full or sessioning stuff and general dicking around.

Natedogg? skibumnh? birdman? etc?

Yeah I'm down. If you want techie, come join in on the Saturday noon ride outside of boston. Pm me for info.

Think I already have plans to ride B&T's that time on Saturday, but if that falls through I would be down.

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Didn't we talk last year--you said you were going to come up to ride Nam or something?
    I haven't been to B&Ts in years--I'd like to hit that, too.

Yeah, just never worked out to get up there with a bike. We get into town to go to a show or something now and again, visit fam/friends, but haven't been up for a bike specific trip in a while.

Did ride for three hours out of Batchelor St. this afternoon though - freakin' awesome place! No idea what all we rode, but it was fun. Right on an hour and a half from me
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Anyone want to do a techi/stunt ride get together? Thinking either Vietnam, Lynn or B&T's. Basically a ride full or sessioning stuff and general dicking around.

Natedogg? skibumnh? birdman? etc?
    I was thinking about Nam tomorrow.... Some stuff in there I wanna work on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Yeah Anospa, it's fairly straightforward, but I'd go with you if you want. I'm slow and out of shape, and have a herniated disc, so I'm not even sure you'd want me to come anyway. Where in Newton do you live? I'm in Upper Falls and it's about a 10 minute ride from my place--super easy.

This map is decent for getting a general lay of the land, but it's not 100% accurate. The Powells Island loop/figure 8 is super fast and fun.

Name:	cutler.gif 
Views:	120 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	114272

There is also a trail on the west side of 95/128 that you can use to make a bigger loop. To access that on the south side you just cross the highway via the railroad bridge. The continuation of these trails on the east side of the Charles River (shown on map) aren't worth shit (or weren't a long time ago when I rode them)--I wouldn't even recommend going over there. I also don't usually ride south of the railroad tracks--there's not much down there other than a sand pit with one jump and a long ass boardwalk. It's worth doing your first time, but that's it.
    Awesome, thanks for the info man! I'll let you know sometime when I'm headed out there, always down to ride with new people. I'd join for Nam/etc this weekend with people, but totally heeding the Dr's orders on these stitches (cyst on neck taken out, I feel like I have a neck brace on because I can't turn my neck without them pulling).

Awf, my schedule kinda sucks... When I rode with you out there, our office was in Milford and I could get there in 5 minutes. Now I'm in Plymouth (with an hour commute each in the AM and PM), so it's a bit of a ride. That's not to say I'm not down, it's just going to take a little more planning. On top of that, I have back and bike issues right now.

All of that said, I'd love to meet up and ride with a bunch of you guys at some point--maybe even get scrub up from CT. Beers afterwards?

After a shitty day at work I needed a mental health day. Grabbed some wheels and headed for the shed.

I think I can get one more ride out of this tire

Name:	CameraZOOM-20120413133115152.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	114306

we have lots of rocks here

Name:	CameraZOOM-20120413133128870.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	114307

finally out in the woods

Name:	CameraZOOM-20120413124328552.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	114308

Rode up then I rode down, I like to stop by the lightning tree to take off the shin guards for another climb on Volkswagen

Name:	CameraZOOM-20120413130631885.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	313.4 KB 
ID:	114309

Then on to knuckle buster and back to the 4R.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraZOOM-20120413133211372.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	236.4 KB 
ID:	114305  
    Last edited by scottyb; 04-13-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Franklin Falls is riding well. No pics, we could use some rain to tap down the dust.

plus one on a little rain, it was getting dusty out there yesterday.
    i hooked up with my posse in Plymouth yesterday. i went to Plymouth State with the owner of Rhino Bike Works, Slade, back in the 80's. the first time i met him, he was on a 1986 full CroMo red StumpJumpah. i had never seen a real MTB before that, needless to say, i was blown away. i convinced my folks that the 'only' way to get around town was on a MTB. i bought a RockHoppah Comp with their help that week i've been hooked ever since. yesterday, we met at Slade's palace and he took us on almost four hours worth of really awesome riding. the network in Plymouth is huge right now. sorry no pics. hammer session's followed by safety meetings, still no bugs or mud! awesome day.

edit: anyone ride Page Hill in Danbury, NH? we are thinking about hitting that next week. is it big enough to provide like say three hours of riding? i want to rode trip it through NH-VT-MA this year. heard good things about Batchelor Street. i fer shur wanna check that place out. we should start hooking up on the weekends y'all. woot!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post

edit: anyone ride Page Hill in Danbury, NH? we are thinking about hitting that next week. is it big enough to provide like say three hours of riding? i want to rode trip it through NH-VT-MA this year. heard good things about Batchelor Street. i fer shur wanna check that place out. we should start hooking up on the weekends y'all. woot!

I'll vouch for Batcheor St. Got a three hour tour there a couple days ago - I think we only scratched the surface of the amount of trail there. Just plain kick ass tight and twisty rocky techy fun.

Won't be able to do an actual road trip this year, but am going to shoot for a succession of 2-4 day mini-trips here and there.

Thinking Maine, up to Sunday River for one, something similar up to Whiteface in NY, and something Killington-ish. Build the trips around a day at the lifts in the middle, with a day of something pedaly each day driving up and back.

Tuesday - anybody wanna meet me and ML242 for a four hour diddybop in the woods? Roots, rocks, wrecks, grins and giggles are sure to follow...

Meet about 8:30 and on the bikes by 9 am. pm me for directions.

Yeah NE Thread! I am on school vacation this week. Coaching everyday, but plan to squeeze in rides Tues-Sun. Probably get into Beaver Brook/Rock Meadow once or twice and back up to Willowdale at least once. Look for a red beard on brown SC Butcher with a yellow lab. Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Tuesday - anybody wanna meet me and ML242 for a four hour diddybop in the woods? Roots, rocks, wrecks, grins and giggles are sure to follow...

Meet about 8:30 and on the bikes by 9 am. pm me for directions.
    Maybe...not sure if I can get out of the house that early though. Your usual spot, or somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Maybe...not sure if I can get out of the house that early though. Your usual spot, or somewhere else?
    Yup. Meet at the lower lot where we met that one time we rode with dickeymotto.

Just got back from a quick spin through Georgetown-Rowley SF. Holy hell is it fucking hot out there. Gotta hydrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Had a blast with GravityLover today. Thanks for the bike lend, mang! Looking forward to getting back out there. Spring was in full bloom, those steep techy sections were sweet, and I'm definitely getting a swim in next time.

I took home a few exciting souvenirs, too, and the rumor is true... chicks dig scars.

Thanks again!!!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

You guys know any Boston-area shops who will work on a rear shock? My rebound is not working on a RC4... Worst case I can take it to Avalanche on my way back home to CT but would rather have it done local... prefer metro west and south shore (I do Newton to Plymouth almost every day), but will fight traffic and make the trek north if need be (JRA?).

You guys know any Boston-area shops who will work on a rear shock? My rebound is not working on a RC4... Worst case I can take it to Avalanche on my way back home to CT but would rather have it done local... prefer metro west and south shore (I do Newton to Plymouth almost every day), but will fight traffic and make the trek north if need be (JRA?).
    I usually go to belmont wheelworks for that sort of thing. JRA seems like they would be a good choice too but as you mentioned its a haul. Honestly, the absence of a real mtb shop south of the pike has made me a better mechanic. I usually do all my own suspension work.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Had a blast with GravityLover today. Thanks for the bike lend, mang! Looking forward to getting back out there. Spring was in full bloom, those steep techy sections were sweet, and I'm definitely getting a swim in next time.

I took home a few exciting souvenirs, too, and the rumor is true... chicks dig scars.

Thanks again!!!
    More of this?

Glad you had fun!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I never realized before now that this thread existed somehow. Anyways I got a flat at nam last night and had to hoof it out...how's that for some stoke! But its definatley dusty out there, the rain they're talking about this weekend will be very nice, except for washing out all the sand in the meantime.

Hey just saying. I ride stowe area nearly everyday Mtb or road. Looking for people up north to ride with and motivate me. also willing to show what I know in stowe....which is quite a bit to people who want to see.

Anyone willing to play guide at Cady's falls?

Fun spin in Cutler Park today. Cordy is amazed at his own cornering speed after tearing around the Powell's Island figure eights a few times.

Name:	IMG_0510.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	114574