Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Russell Mill in Chelmsford is riding dry and fast! I hate to say it, but I think we need some rain. I'm stoked to get to highland too, but have a feeling we'll be breathing dirt all summer long!

Yep I hear that. LDTF was already a little too dusty in spots a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

First time in Willowdale today, that spot really is a lot of fun. The Butcher, surprisingly, was not overkill- railing corners for 2 hours within 45 minutes of my house on a Saturday was an awesome sleeper treat (thought it might be boring- not in the least, and I only covered a third or less of the park). I can see the appeal of long travel 29ers in a place like that. I will be there a lot this summer. Happy holidays all.

Tuesday anyone? Four hour sufferfest planned again...

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I can see the appeal of FULLY RIGID 54" (higher than 2-1 on 26") GEARED SINGLESPEED 29ers in a place like that. I will be there a lot this summer. Happy holidays all.
    place is fun fer sure. some folks knock it for not being techy enough, but those same folks can't corner fer shit, grab too much brake and can't get out of their own way. techy is what you make of it. rail that shit!!!

i'm there quite a bit too. got a nice 18 miler we do often at conversation pace in an hour-45 with a beer break see you there!

buttah! git me some STAB action!!!

rog

Yeah. Speed makes anything technical. Its 10 mins from my door so I ride there a lot. I do get tired of it sometimes because I like a little more chunk and jumping off things. But I always go back eventually. Best place around for that kind of riding.
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Quote Originally Posted by birdman829 View Post
    Yeah. Speed makes anything technical. Its 10 mins from my door so I ride there a lot. I do get tired of it sometimes because I like a little more chunk and jumping off things. But I always go back eventually. Best place around for that kind of riding.
    mmmm, 10 minutes not bad. that's like me from the stratham alps and fort rock. if i wanna get my xc techy groove on it's the rock. lung busting power climbs, the alps. nice to have both.

down cape for easter and family today, but getting my ass handed to me at trail o tears at 2pm with some of my ole racing buddies. maybe i'll even be able to finish the ride with them this time. hopefully

we should hook up birdman.

rog

Hey birdman, when are you usually free to ride? Always looking for someone to ride midweek mornings if you're around. Would be nice to have someone to ride B&T with midweek since the place is always eerily dead. Always a little concerned that if I knocked myself out I wouldn't be found until a few weeks later...

Rog,

What the hell are the stratham alps? never heard of any trail network around here referred to by that name.

D'ALPS

stratham/jewell, and long hill. the precious lil network that continues to expand. i'm sure you've been there. great place for blowing out the plumbing.

riding the willow st trails down here on the cape at 4pm for a coupla hours today if anyones around and feelz like averaging double digits in the hilly one track. should be a good lil crew. pain train

rog

I am a Wompatuck guy, anyone heading there give me a shout http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wompatuck_State_Park

RI mags-- Big River on Friday?

Ok... I think it's time for some rain!

Pics from Lynn Woods last night. Fire is mostly out now, but if this dry weather continues there is going to be a lot more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    stratham/jewell, and long hill. the precious lil network that continues to expand. i'm sure you've been there. great place for blowing out the plumbing.

riding the willow st trails down here on the cape at 4pm for a coupla hours today if anyones around and feelz like averaging double digits in the hilly one track. should be a good lil crew. pain train

rog
    Ah now i know what you're talking about, I've yet to ride there. I've done some trail work there, but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksyrium View Post
    Ah now i know what you're talking about, I've yet to ride there. I've done some trail work there, but thats about it.
    ya, fun spot. usually spin the road for 5 miles from the house to get there as a warmup, ride, then cool down home. perfect. they just got approval to connect to a parcel that could add a good 6-8 miles onto what's already there.

fucking got my ass kicked on the cape ride today. hurt so good

coolieman! when we goin surfing?

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    we should hook up birdman.

rog
    for sure. you might have to dial it back a little so you're not lapping me in there. I don't claim to be fast

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Hey birdman, when are you usually free to ride? Always looking for someone to ride midweek mornings if you're around. Would be nice to have someone to ride B&T with midweek since the place is always eerily dead. Always a little concerned that if I knocked myself out I wouldn't be found until a few weeks later...
    I feel you there. I had the same thought when I took a digger at Gspot in manchester. Never saw a soul in the 3 hours I was there. Usually I'm available most every day. I'm not working but I've got classes at night. This week not so much though. I'm swamped with work I've been putting off. Time to pay the piper. I'll be back riding by friday or the weekend though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    I am a Wompatuck guy, anyone heading there give me a shout http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wompatuck_State_Park
    I think Anby (who doesn't get on here often) just did some trailwork over there a weekend or two ago. You attend any of those trail days? He just moved to Weymouth, so he's within spitting distance. I may be riding there with him a lot after work now. Is there much in there? I rode there about 8 or 9 years ago and we didn't find much good singletrack. Never went back.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    I think Anby (who doesn't get on here often) just did some trailwork over there a weekend or two ago. You attend any of those trail days? He just moved to Weymouth, so he's within spitting distance. I may be riding there with him a lot after work now. Is there much in there? I rode there about 8 or 9 years ago and we didn't find much good singletrack. Never went back.
    I teach in Braintree/live in Boston so I ride Wompatuck afterwork a few days a week. There is some great single track there - you just need to know how to put loops together from the shorter trail segments. Its a great place to ride.

Bummer, sounds like we may miss you. We work in Plymouth and don't head north until 530 or so after work. You ever ride at Cutler in Needham? Not a lot of length, but fast and flowy and close to Boston. That's my normal post-work ride.

Bummer, sounds like we may miss you. We work in Plymouth and don't head north until 530 or so after work. You ever ride at Cutler in Needham? Not a lot of length, but fast and flowy and close to Boston. That's my normal post-work ride.
    I haven't ridden Cutler this year, but I usually do a few times per year. Its a blast - just like you said - fast and flowy. Its a great place for a hard tail. If you ever find yourself at Wompy on a weekend, PM me.

On another note, does anyone have info on the current condition of the Red Tail Trail up in Conway, NH? I've got next week off and was going to head up there to so some laps. The weekend and next week look warm and dry, I gotta figure its ridable. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    On another note, does anyone have info on the current condition of the Red Tail Trail up in Conway, NH? I gotta figure its ridable.
    As of April 3 apparently it wasn't, but I'd figure by now it is. Unless North Conway has gotten some of the two feet of snow Mt Washington has gotten in the last few days...

Quote Originally Posted by radair View Post
    With the exception of Red Tail Trail, virtually all the stuff in North Conway is in mint condition. We're easily 5 to 6 weeks ahead of normal. Even better with no leaves and no bugs, tacky trails, long sightlines. It does not get much better.

I just moved to Newton the beginning of the year, and someone was just recommending Cutler to me for post-work quick rides. I've got stitches keeping me from riding until next Tuesday, but I would be down for meeting up if you wouldn't mind showing me around sometime.

Man, I gotta' get a trip up to Boston area to ride. Haven't ridden around there since 2001, other than a couple short trips to Nam. Sounds like there is a crap-load of new/good/fucking awesome stuff around there.

I don't think B&T was around then, at least not known as it is now.

One of the coolest rides I've ever done was a bunch of little singltrack bits strung together into a long ride - up around Gloucester, led by a dude who had grown up around there. Stuff you'd never know about or find if you hadn't grown up there, or lived/ridden there a long time.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    I just moved to Newton the beginning of the year, and someone was just recommending Cutler to me for post-work quick rides. I've got stitches keeping me from riding until next Tuesday, but I would be down for meeting up if you wouldn't mind showing me around sometime.
    Cutler really doesnt require a tour, its pretty much out and back, and as the others have said it is fast, flowy, and would be even better if I had a hard tail.

Question: What shops do those north of the city frequent? Need a brake bleed before the weekend, was thinking of stopping at JRA in medford on my way home from work, other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    Cutler really doesnt require a tour, its pretty much out and back, and as the others have said it is fast, flowy, and would be even better if I had a hard tail.

Question: What shops do those north of the city frequent? Need a brake bleed before the weekend, was thinking of stopping at JRA in medford on my way home from work, other suggestions?
    Cool man, I'll have to check it out then. I almost built a hardtail up over the winter, but ended up pulling together stuff for touring next winter instead.

JRA is my go to place. Quality work by some great people. The owner rips on anything with 2 wheels and has a great crew at his shop.