Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Harold Parker was all sorts of awesome yesterday. I'm hoping to ride everyday this week after work.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Harold Parker was all sorts of awesome yesterday. I'm hoping to ride everyday this week after work.
    That was one of the spots I like quite a bit when in Boston. Good stuff.

Riding today, tomorrow, Friday, the rest of the weekend. Hopefully.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Anyone in the north of Boston area free during the morning/day? Weather is looking absolutely beautiful this week. I can ride any day this week as long as I can can get back to Lowell by like 2pm. Usual spots are Lowell/Russel Mills/Lynn and B and T's, but I'd be up for just about anywhere that is less than 30ish minutes from Lowell.

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Anyone in the north of Boston area free during the morning/day? Weather is looking absolutely beautiful this week. I can ride any day this week as long as I can can get back to Lowell by like 2pm. Usual spots are Lowell/Russel Mills/Lynn and B and T's, but I'd be up for just about anywhere that is less than 30ish minutes from Lowell.
    beautiful wx? understatement. not a good week for me to have to sit in meetings tues-thurs listening to reps talking about how their company is reinventing the wheel once again. and then talking about bike biz in general. ok that part is pretty cool.

let's meet later in the week, maybe friday.

SUP for the win today!

rog

freshly blown!

no, seriously. the townie trails are freshly blown with a leaf blower and whatnot.
    couple of shot's from this morning. trying to get out before it get's too hot

thought this old 'snappah' was a rock at first.
    Terrapin Station

crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    beautiful wx? understatement. not a good week for me to have to sit in meetings tues-thurs listening to reps talking about how their company is reinventing the wheel once again. and then talking about bike biz in general. ok that part is pretty cool.

let's meet later in the week, maybe friday.

SUP for the win today!

rog
    My bike is currently without a fork but that should hopefully be rectified by wednesday or thursday. If so I'd love to get out and ride with you fellas. I'm 30 minutes or less from all the places you mentioned and can ride anytime just about.

As for weather, 75 is great but 84 on Thursday is gonna feel like 100 this time of year. Tooo damn hot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Dude, was that you and your wife I gave directions too? Its worth it any time you can get there.

Let me know when you can go and I will show you the goods.
    Yep, that was probably us with the steel XC bikes. Gonna be back out in Montana for the next week, but I'm going to be back up there some weekend soon after we got back.

The Fountainhead rebuild is pretty dope, too, by the way.

Primo conditions right now. Dry, No Leaves on Trails or Trees, No Bugs.

In other news my commute is changing to boston-> haverill so I'll be looking to ride any north shore areas in the evenings if anyone is up for that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Yep, that was probably us with the steel XC bikes. Gonna be back out in Montana for the next week, but I'm going to be back up there some weekend soon after we got back.

The Fountainhead rebuild is pretty dope, too, by the way.

Nice, have a good trip. We will get a ride on something soon.
    watch out for snakes

Rode Pine Hill in Rutland today, Dry tacky and fast. What a cool place. The climb out of the lot had me cursing but the rewards were tasty. How all Vermont towns dont look at places like Rutland and Kingdom trails at Burke and not want to replicate that is beyond me. Are you listening SoVt?

Anyone been out to Perry hill yet this season??

I'm just lovin' the conditions so far this year. What a pleasure it has been to ride every time I've gone out. Anybody up for a 4+ hr wanderabout on Tuesday? Looks like it's back to mid 50's by then which will be a nice change of pace

I rode up in Franconia yesterday.
    low humidity no bugs and endless grip.
    safety meetings and cold beer.
    i love bike's!

crab in my shoe mouth

Checking in from Rochester NY. Rode Tryon Park loop yesterday, which is one of two legal spots to ride around here. Great conditions, with everything dry. Started and ended in the Mcgregors parking lot. Shit load of beers on tap!

Red-i-XS

Hey BF. How is the trail system up there? We skied Cannon for the first time this year and stayed at a house about thirty miles away. I am looking for a place to be able to fly into and get some riding in that is close to an airport this summer. Tanks.
    Red-i-XS

that ride yesterday starts and ends at the Franconia airport.
    park right across from my buddy BigRing Bob's little bike shop.
    huge network. bring yer climbing legs and tech riding skillz!
    woot
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Anyone been out to Perry hill yet this season??
    Pretty sure Perry Hill won't open until memorial day because it's state owned. Trails are opening nearby, best way to know is check in with bike shops to find out. Iride, Chuck's in mo'ville. Sounds like town loops in Stowe should open, cady's falls is open tomorrow. Despite the short winter I'm digging the smooth transition from snow to dirt.
    Some dirt stoke from High Anxiety. Can't wait to get back to work on this trail. [vimeo]28100987[vimeo]

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Rode Pine Hill in Rutland today, Dry tacky and fast. What a cool place. The climb out of the lot had me cursing but the rewards were tasty. How all Vermont towns dont look at places like Rutland and Kingdom trails at Burke and not want to replicate that is beyond me. Are you listening SoVt?
    Glad you enjoyed! Lots of hard work has been put into the place and the work continues. While trail density has peaked for the most part, the next step is expanding the trails beyond the normal park boundaries and creating trails over into Proctor.

My only concern is the over manicuring of some trails, but this is somewhat to be expected by a place that sees a lot of foot traffic from runners. There's still some rocky, technical trails (Stegosaurus, Santas Little Helper, Lonely Rock, 999, Broken Handlebar) and I just hope those are left that way. That said, the buffed stuff is awesome at high speed as well.

here ya go, seq!

crab in my shoe mouth

Thanks BF I just can't seem to speak puter language very well.

Ski rack's coming off the car today in favor of the bike racks. Throwing in the towel officially. You win spring, you win.

Went over to Newport for the first ride of the season. Looks just like it did last fall.

Didn't think it was possible, but I'm even slower than I was last year . Must be the super tacky rear tire.

Quote Originally Posted by sequoiashan View Post
    Thanks BF I just can't seem to speak puter language very well.
    U R misssen teh fowad schlash in da secunt box [/vimeo]

All the trail pics look great, so buff and flowy looking. out last night and found the trails most exellent! 2nd ride so butthurt, BF must have been nice riding all winter and avoiding spring saddle soreness.

P Hill closed, but many are riding there anyways including members of the SMBC. I am going to ride the "backdoor" stuff out of the park sometime this week, some heathy climbing there.

As mentioned in Rollcall we should have a Spring Summit next month, Ascutney, camping, I still have that Ullr keg, food,fire, mayhem, some puke inducing climbs[hopefully not me].
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hey PowBumps,

How do you like the 575? I was looking at one today and really liked it..

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    here ya go, seq!

Nice trail and excellent vid!
    watch out for snakes