Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Lynn woods.....super fast
    Two phrases that seem strange together no? haha

Unlike you all I somehow forgot to ride this winter. Rode all last winter but just couldn't get it going this year. Better late than never though. Stripped my bike down to the frame for a little cleaning and maintenance yesterday. Serviced my fork and opened up the shock only to realize that I seem to have misplaced my air can service kit. Will be picking one up tomorrow and reassembling my bike. Then I'll be at the 'dale most every day for the next couple weeks trying to whip my fat ass back into shape. As Jens Voight would say, "shut up legs".
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

well the skiing kinds blows, but the riding is awesome right now! we were able to do a bunch of work this wkend in our little spot inda woods. its so nice to see it evolve into a fun riding area. cleaning up the downed trees is so much work. thank goodness for cordless sawzalls! no pics 'cause i'm lame.

Yeah skiing at Stowe this past weekend made me wish I was in my bike. Cold, icy and remarkably crowded. I'm going to attempt to ride today. I figure with sunset pushed back until after 5 PM, I can squeeze in an hour ride at Wompatuck.

Here's a little blurb about the Burke plans from the Caledonian Record. No real details but interesting:

Burke Mountain Resort: Stenger Wants To Open Biking Center Next Year - The Caledonian-Record - St. Johnsbury, VT
    JAY -- Newport City developer Bill Stenger met this week with mountain biking enthusiasts to work on his vision for an indoor mountain bike park at Burke Mountain Resort.

The brain-storming session "was a good start," Stenger said Thursday during an interview at Jay Peak Resort.

He expects to have a formal design to present to Burke officials soon.
    The co-owner of Burke and Jay Peak resorts wants to begin construction on the 90,000-square-foot indoor mountain bike park by late summer or fall of this year.

And he would like to see it open by the end of 2014, at the same time as the two proposed new lodges for Burke Mountain.
    The lodges, plus mountain bike facility, tennis center and aquatic center, are part of the Northeast Kingdom Economic Development Initiative, led by Stenger and his partners and fueled by foreign investors under the federal EB-5 program.

Stenger expects to attract $600 million for expansions at Burke and Jay Peak resorts, a major bio-tech manufacturing and research plant and a window manufacturing plant in Newport City, a waterfront hotel and downtown block reconstruction in Newport City and expansion of the Newport State Airport in Coventry.

Stenger said he is meeting with mountain biking enthusiasts to learn exactly what they want from an indoor facility geared to biking year round.

The facility would be the equivalent of two full acres under one roof, Stenger said.

And he plans to expand the ability of Burke to provide lift-serviced mountain biking.

The Burke plans also include a tennis facility of 20 courts, eight indoors, Stenger said.

The tennis center would include a small stadium for tournaments, teaching facilities and four different court surfaces: clay, grass, Har-Tru clay and a hard, all-weather surface.

"It will be the best tennis facility in the state," Stenger said.

It is part of the proposal to provide unique attractions for those who would stay at the four planned lodges at Burke Mountain.

And it fits in with the market for Burke. "There's a very size-able tennis community in Montreal and a mountain biking community in Montreal," Stenger said.

The same goes for Boston, he said.

"Those are the sweet spots" for Burke's market, he added.

The aquatic center would include a swimming and diving facility with a glass roof that can open of Olympic standards. The pool, Stenger said, would appeal to vacationers.

The idea is to develop summer training camps for youth and for experts, he said.

Rode fort rock on Wednesday. Place had very little snow/ice and was rolling really nice. I'll take the storm that's rolling in, but the dirt in NE has been nice the past 3 weeks.

Bump...

Rode pine hill in Rutland today. A little bit of snow, a little ice, not bad though considering what time of year it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1361581278.558195.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	133279  

Just got my tickets to NEMBAFest. Thinking of getting a new bike this year, but definitely waiting till after NEMBAFest so I can do some demos.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Last year, I wanted to take the DH bikes up top and ride them, but could only do lift laps. Its really awesome how many companies are there, so many different bikes to try out if you're looking!

Some buddies and I just booked a place up at NEK for NEMBAfest. I didn't realize tickets are $100. Damn.

If you're interested in demoing, East Burke Sports has sweet rentals. Last year they had a nice fleet of Blur LTs

We're gonna camp at Burke. Seems like the better (read: cheaper) option.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

My buddy rode Wompatuck yesterday and said it was ridable - some snow and debris but still rideable. I'm going to get out there today and see for myself.