Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    i think a guy i know left that wheel behind at the hiker/biker lot awhile back. hmmmm, fishy.

i'll check in with him.

rog
    Damn Rog, you sure know how to kill a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Looks like a good deal on a wheel. What did you think of BB? I used to ride there years ago and found it ot be a fun middle ring hammerfest.
    Didn't get get a chance to ride much yesterday, but looks like I may have to go back and talk to the kid at the gate .

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Damn Rog, you sure know how to kill a good time.

Didn't get get a chance to ride much yesterday, but looks like I may have to go back and talk to the kid at the gate .
    that's totally his wheel. he just pinged me on mtbr with his cell phone #. he even asked all folks at the station and gate about his wheel. he rides there multiple times a week.

my eyes are everywhere.........sorry bro. you guys are both excellent peeps from my experience, so working it out should be cool.

rog

just pm'd you his name/number.

rogdetectiveblog

oh, pwbmps, if ya wanna tour of bear brook today, i'll meet ya there. was thinking of riding there today at some point. i know the place better than my apartment, so.........

rog

Thanks for the offer. If you see the blonde curly haired kid at the gate, tell him not to spend those three $20 bills just yet .

oh, pwbmps, if ya wanna tour of bear brook today, i'll meet ya there. was thinking of riding there today at some point. i know the place better than my apartment, so.........

rog

Mr. Multiglisse, Mr. Moose and Mr. Big Buck hit the trail:

We've had some rain lately. After riding through a deeper puddle, the submerged rock in this one stopped me dead:
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

How does this look? Oct 4th-10th.

http://goo.gl/maps/VS9o5

Leave Douchebury the 4th, main goal to hit Sunday River the 6th and 7th. I'd like to check out some of the Portland area stuff, and eat at Duck Fat the 8th. Then down to hit something in the Boston area the 9th - haven't ridden down there in a loooooong time. End with something north-coastal CT with my two brothers-in-law the 10th, before coasting 1.5 hours home. Plan mostly to camp along the way, but Sunday has a nice sounding $49 bike and stay/lift ticket and cheap room package for those days.

Suggestions for what to hit the afternoon of the 4th, and the 5th before hitting SR? North Conway or otherwise? Looking to not add too much more drivetime. Good stuff along 91? Beer in exchange for guide service?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

that's totally his wheel. he just pinged me on mtbr with his cell phone #. he even asked all folks at the station and gate about his wheel. he rides there multiple times a week.

my eyes are everywhere.........sorry bro. you guys are both excellent peeps from my experience, so working it out should be cool.

rog
    Bummer, Rog in with teh......

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

State-O-Vermont looking to kick MTB riders out of many areas.

Bad news here
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    State-O-Vermont looking to kick MTB riders out of many areas.

Bad news here
    hijack but Rock Climbing is getting the same treatment. I guess Vermont forgot that its economy is built on people traveling there to be outside and doing stuff.

gripe about both, here
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

VT, you don't want me riding on "your" public lands? That's ok I'll take my hard earned dollars and bring them to NH or maybe I'll even choose to keep them here in NY. I know it's not much but a family of four can spend a fair bit in a short time. Good thing you folks don't want it...

ML I need to talk to you. Call me at work tomorrow.

Once again I find myself riding solo this weekend. Anyone else going to be in North Conway this weekend for some riding?

Rode Highland again yesterday...place is so much fun.

Finally rode at wompatuck on Wednesday night. From the limited trail riding we did, seemed like a real fun place. Everything led me to believe it'd be super buff non technical single track, but there were some things thrown here and there that were fun to get over. Original plan was to ride the landmine route in thoughts of maybe doing that race in a few weekends, but we ended up just sessioning the jump lines a few times, which were a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    How does this look? Oct 4th-10th.

http://goo.gl/maps/VS9o5

Leave Douchebury the 4th, main goal to hit Sunday River the 6th and 7th. I'd like to check out some of the Portland area stuff, and eat at Duck Fat the 8th. Then down to hit something in the Boston area the 9th - haven't ridden down there in a loooooong time. End with something north-coastal CT with my two brothers-in-law the 10th, before coasting 1.5 hours home. Plan mostly to camp along the way, but Sunday has a nice sounding $49 bike and stay/lift ticket and cheap room package for those days.

Suggestions for what to hit the afternoon of the 4th, and the 5th before hitting SR? North Conway or otherwise? Looking to not add too much more drivetime. Good stuff along 91? Beer in exchange for guide service?
    do this: http://www.town.falmouth.me.us/pages...ommunityForest

Heading up to Lincoln with my GF this weekend.... anybody know some good trails worth checking out around there? May do a day at Highlands but other than that, not sure.
    Having Fun at Skiing's Expense:
    BroBomb.com

Red Tail trail, Highland, and Great Glen all seem like awesome options but not much inside of an hour from Loon... anybody know good ones closer?
    Having Fun at Skiing's Expense:
    BroBomb.com

Quote Originally Posted by joblandaesthetics View Post
    Red Tail trail, Highland, and Great Glen all seem like awesome options but not much inside of an hour from Loon... anybody know good ones closer?
    I rode Attitash for the first time Sunday. It was fun but it beat the shit out of me. Lots of steeps, loose rock and drops. Definitely a place for a full DH bike and some armor.

Moat Mountain has some great pedaling too. Lots of terrain there. Besides Red Tail, its some of my favorite around Mt. Washington Valley.

Attitash is definitely a great spot, but yeah, full DH bike is really the way to go. Still a poke from Loon, though. Gotta be about 45 minutes.

I rode trails off the Kanc and Bear Notch Rd in 1999, but I seem to remember it being mostly fire roads. There may be more in there now.

Are the Moat Mountain trails south of Whitehorse? Mineral Site or something like that?
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Quote Originally Posted by joblandaesthetics View Post
    No personal experience but buttah has talked of some nice riding in the Franconia area. Shoot him a PM or ask the guys at and LBS up there for some knowledge
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

I'd check out the Waterville Valley trails, and a bit further down the road, Franklin Falls Dam has some nice XC. Never ridden up by Lincoln myself, there might be some stuff in Woodstock/Campton/Thornton that I don't know about.

Lincoln is the weak link in an otherwise worthy riding zone.
    if you head north, hit up the Moore Dam trail in Littleton. a fun, fast out and back single track right along the lake. check in with Littleton bike shop for more advice.
    if your legs are good, park at the airport on the Franconia-Easton town line.
    or the Easton town hall, my preferred zone. beware on a trail called Tony's Pizza. there is an uber aggro goshawk out there who will absolutely dive bomb yer ass. either way
    check in across the road from the airport. with Big Ring Bob, at white mt cycle. also inquire about glider rides out of that grass field. gliding over the notch, very worthy!
    head south to Plymouth and check in at Rhino Bike Works. killer, flow-tech, all over that college town. apres, go to the cellar pub for a pint and a killer boars head sangwich.
    enjoy!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Slow solo riding in Quebec. Complete with some shitty French tunes.

Rog's buddy has his wheel back, and I ended up with this setup. Not quite as snazzy, but it'll do.

Attachment 119792

Swung by my parent's last night and rode at Breakheart in Saugus. Still love that place even if I don't live down the street anymore. Not as much singletrack as I want there, but lots of up, down, and rocks. There are a few very high spots that give you great 360 views of the north shore:

I love late August riding!

Anyone ridden Big River down in RI? I rode with Anby there last week and only scratched the surface. Found a few good trails (Ken and Barbie?)... Would love to get back down there and get a guided ride. Also could use a guide in Arcadia. Haven't been there since '94 or '95--assuming it's changed a lot since then.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers