Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Sunday River is definitely not Highland. Completely different trails. Totally agree with anospa--if it's not your thing, you won't like it. If you like steep gnarly sketchy techy stuff, it's where you want to be (ie., if you want high-speed groomed sidewalks with manicured jumps, don't bother). Definitely scary, especially when wet (which it seems like is a lot).
    I had never been there before and based on the pics and video from their website, its makes Sunday River look like Highland. All the pics and video feature smooth berms, bridges and jumps. I was kind of expecting that when I rode there. Granted there is some smooth flowy stuff at Sunday River but its only about 20% of the terrain. To be honest it was a little misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Heading to Western Ma (westfield) for a wedding this weekend, bringing the mtn bike, any suggestions from the maggots???

Anyone ride the trails up near Hampshire college?
    in Holyoke you have batchelor st trails. The dcr map for the mt Holyoke range state park shows a good number of the trails there. Lots of techy goodness. Across 116 is earls' trails at skinner state park, a little more difficult to navigate here, and the trails are much smoother with plenty of flow to find.

If it's hot go up puffers pond to cool off after.

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    in Holyoke you have batchelor st trails. The dcr map for the mt Holyoke range state park shows a good number of the trails there. Lots of techy goodness. Across 116 is earls' trails at skinner state park, a little more difficult to navigate here, and the trails are much smoother with plenty of flow to find.

If it's hot go up puffers pond to cool off after.
    This. Only been to the Batchelor stuff twice, but it was stupid fun.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    I had never been there before and based on the pics and video from their website, its makes Sunday River look like Highland. All the pics and video feature smooth berms, bridges and jumps. I was kind of expecting that when I rode there. Granted there is some smooth flowy stuff at Sunday River but its only about 20% of the terrain. To be honest it was a little misleading.
    I can see that. Just looked at the video on the main site and it doesn't look as gnarly as it really is. There are some techy features in that video, but those guys are just riding it with some skill (I think in at least a few of those shots is Steve--the main park builder).

You shouldda checked out my TR from years ago before you went </self plug>
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...lin-2007-10-08

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    This. Only been to the Batchelor stuff twice, but it was stupid fun.
    Second that. Great singletrack out there! Seemed endless, too, although I've only ridden there once.
    Last edited by Natedogg; 07-13-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Thanks for all the input, gonna hit bachelor tomorrow morning before the heat, stayed close today at Robinson state park in agawam. Some fun spots in between double track and pavement. Enought to keep me happy when there's a pool at the rents in law!

Also rd kimmer last week in Stowe, check it if you havent!

Road bike related, but anyone riding the Prouty tomorrow?

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    Looking for some mid day guides down eastern Ma this up coming week. Was hoping to get out to Vietnam, Lynn Woods, maybe the fells. Never been out to any of the stuff so if anyone is available to show me around that would be awesome, will provide the beer.
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by macdadmorgan View Post
    Looking for some mid day guides down eastern Ma this up coming week. Was hoping to get out to Vietnam, Lynn Woods, maybe the fells. Never been out to any of the stuff so if anyone is available to show me around that would be awesome, will provide the beer.
    I'm down. Know any exact times? As long as you can ride early I can do everyday except Tuesday. Thursday I'm free all day.

What type of riding of you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    I'm down. Know any exact times? As long as you can ride early I can do everyday except Tuesday. Thursday I'm free all day.

What type of riding of you looking for?
    Well I will be staying in Cambridge from Tuesday evening, to Friday afternoon. The wife has conferences during the day until 5:00ish so if I can be back by then, or close to then I will be safe. What ever works for you in that timeframe I am down.

As for the ridding, well I am not looking to do 10' drops, or climb 4k' of vert to ride fire roads home. I am on a 6", and 6" travel bike, and can go for two hours pretty strong. From the little bit that I have seen, the stuff in Lynn looks fun, as does the stuff in Vietnam, I don't plan on doing the huge stunts, but should be able to hold my own in a lot of situations. I guess that I am looking for fun freeride cross country trails.

Quote Originally Posted by macdadmorgan View Post
    Well I will be staying in Cambridge from Tuesday evening, to Friday afternoon. The wife has conferences during the day until 5:00ish so if I can be back by then, or close to then I will be safe. What ever works for you in that timeframe I am down.

As for the ridding, well I am not looking to do 10' drops, or climb 4k' of vert to ride fire roads home. I am on a 6", and 6" travel bike, and can go for two hours pretty strong. From the little bit that I have seen, the stuff in Lynn looks fun, as does the stuff in Vietnam, I don't plan on doing the huge stunts, but should be able to hold my own in a lot of situations. I guess that I am looking for fun freeride cross country trails.
    Lynn sounds right up your alley then. I could do Wednesday as long as I'm done by 11:30am and I'm free all day Thursday.

Bachelor = legit. Made a few loops but def was impressed with roller coaster from the top( any trail named roller coaster has to be fun) glad I made it out with 2 intact tires, plenty of pointy rocks. Thanks for the intel, met an old college pal in the lot, recommended earles trails so that be for for the next time I head south.

Cheers to summer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342292016.024336.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	118318  

^^^Nice. Good stuff.

Prouty today was hot but fun. Only had enough to do 50 miles. Great event- really beautiful route, plenty of climbing, but manageable for a flatlander like me, and fresh local dairy chocolate milk to wash down my burger with at the end of the course. 2 straight weekends in the central CT river valley and I am psyched on that region. Wish I could get up there more now that I know its town fair season.

Lynn sounds right up your alley then. I could do Wednesday as long as I'm done by 11:30am and I'm free all day Thursday.
    Wednesday mourning works great for me. Beers before noon also works great for me
    Just PM me a time and place to meet, and I will be there.

Anyone for Thursday, or Friday day in the Nam?

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Bachelor = legit. Made a few loops but def was impressed with roller coaster from the top( any trail named roller coaster has to be fun) glad I made it out with 2 intact tires, plenty of pointy rocks.
    PM me if you want a tour next time you're here. B street and Earl's are my home trails. Heck, that offer is open to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    in Holyoke you have batchelor st trails. The dcr map for the mt Holyoke range state park shows a good number of the trails there.
    DCR map is garbage for B street/Earl's, only shows 25% of the singletrack. Here's a real map of B street (a bit old, and doesn't include two new trails).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B street map.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	513.1 KB 
ID:	118330

Yes that map is much better, last time I went to look at it the link was down. But the dcr map does show some of the single track so with just that you could have a fun day not knowing the area, most of the time those maps just show fire roads. Earls is a different story.

Glad you found roller coaster bc_ski, that trail is soo much fun.

Yeah! I will hit u up next time, that's where there rents in law live so i frequent the area.

Here is the map from my iPhone gps which was really handy for getting around as those trails cross quite a bit

Accuterra on demand if u need a good gps app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342383812.941116.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	118335  

Highland next 2 days. Knock on the camper door.

Rode Miller's pond yesterday for the first time in like 3 years. Did the whole 9ish mile red loop. HOLY SHIT, that place is amazing. In that one loop there is literally everything you would ever want in a ride. It is truly mind blowing how many log rides there are.

Looks like another NEK weekend for me. I predict trails will be dry and fast. Anyone going to be up that way?

Had a fun ride on Sunday with powbmps and his non-mag friend. Got to check out a nearby spot (Spiers Falls/Moreau Lake) that I've been trying to get friends to explore for over a year now. Since it's well known to start with a big climb, everyone else was always making excuses... so thanks to powbmps for finally making it happen. The big climb was no joke - at least for around here - but we were treated to a nice variety of singletrack up high with some cool views and a healthy dose of sort of sketchy, but totally fun sections of trail. Then to finish it off, that big climb from the beginning served as a stupid-fast, grin-inducing downhill back to the car. Very fun, well worth the early morning start.

Rode Miller's pond yesterday for the first time in like 3 years. Did the whole 9ish mile red loop. HOLY SHIT, that place is amazing. In that one loop there is literally everything you would ever want in a ride. It is truly mind blowing how many log rides there are.
    Excellent! Millers is one of my most favorite places to ride, ever.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Morgan, would love to ride Nam with you and catch up but unfortunately I work during the day and this week is crazy, so I'm out. You still out in the 'shires and skiing the BEast?

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Excellent! Millers is one of my most favorite places to ride, ever.
    I feel like this comes up every few years or so, but I assume you're not talking about the Millers Pond in Waterford, right? I seem to remember people saying there is another Millers Pond that is actually way better...
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

i miss-spent my youth in 'waystoned mass'.
    i very much would like to get a tour of 'earl's/batch', always thought the Holyoke range was pretty cool. one of the only east/west range's in this country.
    next time y'all rally down that way, i'm down.
    i like all day xc/trail rides and i like to go uphill fast.
    safety meetings on me!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    i miss-spent my youth in 'waystoned mass'.
    i very much would like to get a tour of 'earl's/batch', always thought the Holyoke range was pretty cool. one of the only east/west range's in this country.
    next time y'all rally down that way, i'm down.
    i like all day xc/trail rides and i like to go uphill fast.
    safety meetings on me!
    Buttah, I ride Earl's, and Bachelor St a few times a year, but not enough to be a tour guide. I can always try, but... I tend to stay up in the hills out of convenience, Hawley, Conway, Charlemont, and DAR. Always up for a ride though.

Natedogg, I am still out here. I was going to send you a PM, I talked with Dfinn yesterday and he mad mention that you two rode up in BC last year, and I should get in touch with you if I was ridding the Nam. Oh well, maybe next time.