Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Indeed, you were the first source of the information, and then a fellow on the lift this past weekend mentioned the same thing. Very cool. I want that place to be successful and be there for ever. I'll give a shout if I do end up heading up Friday. VTSess- i'll look for you too. You around Boston during the week this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Wompy?
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Also worth noting- the pump track is niiiice.
    Nice! That thing was rubbish last year, happy they finally fixed up. I'm definitely going to check it out next time I'm up there.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    In a group of four of us there was myself- earth-bound intermediate on an AM bike, my wife, a total novice on her 4" xc bike and our two friends on dedicated downhill steeds with full armor and the skills to justify it lapping hellion all day. All of us had epic days. They're doing an impressive job up there of making the place ideal for riders of all levels and tastes."
    Even with XC bikes hellion is definitely worth checking out. Everything can be rolled over if your choose to not get air. And honestly airing everything isn't bad at all. Once you learn to commit nothing on the run is too bad. It's just scary at first, but the run is so well made that if just don't freak out everything will be fine. I ride hellion on hard tail, and although I have never ridden a DH bike down it, I'm almost positive I would prefer my hard tail.

And... Highland is awesome. Everything about the place. The owner/crew has really done a stellar job appealing to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Planning to hit STAB on Saturday... what's a good ~3hr route?
    I don't remember most trail names, but be sure to hit Grassy Knoll. In 3 hours you can ride just about everything on the map if you hold a good pace.

Gonna be at Willowdale by noon tomorrow. Parking at the Linebrook rd entrance. Bearded dude, doo-doo brown SC Butcher, dog. Say hi if you see us. America, fuck yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Wompy?
    Yes, good ol' Wompy. That's my usual riding spot.

Shot in the dark but, it looks like I'm going to be riding solo at Sunday River on Saturday, if anyone is gonna be there I'll be on my green Santa Cruz Butcher with a red/silver full face.

What's the verdict on their park? The pics from the website make it look pretty legit. Anyone ridden there lately?

I went up two years ago and had a blast. I haven't had a chance to get back, but very techy and rocky trails, and one or two newer jump trails.

I ended up hooking up with a big crew of guys that ride there all the time and had a blast. I'm hoping to get up there sometime this summer.

STAB tomorrow and Monday. Wife, dog and I. Camping at the Ascutney State Park campgrounds. Look for a big beard and a brown Butcher. Psyched.

Not exactly NE, but hey, Pittsburgh mags-- Frick Park tomorrow? Im going for 50 miles-- who wants to join? Shoot me a PM if you do.

Anyone in here using Strava?

I have been tracking rides (and hikes, skiing, etc.) with endomondo, but the tdf commercials and thread here have convinced me to give it a shot. Looks like a few of the routes I've been riding are on their map, time to see just how slow I am!
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 07-08-2012 at 09:06 PM.

The fells has a few, barely anything at Lynn though.

I have it, but rarely use it. I like my tracks better for when I want to geek out on stats.

STAB today and tomorrow. Took a quick late afternoon spin (read: hiked my fat ass up 50% of the climbs) around the Gracie's Loop>Blue Dipper>Hayride (good times!) areas. So nice up here. Great evening at the Harpoon brewery. This place deserves to be morw of a destination. Looking forward to tomorrow. Good evening from the CT river valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    The fells has a few, barely anything at Lynn though.

I have it, but rarely use it. I like my tracks better for when I want to geek out on stats.
    There are a decent amount at Lynn now. I had most of the KOM's at Lynn until one guy showed up and smoked me on every single one. There aren't many attempts on most of the segments, but I feel that at least the top 2 times (me and francois) should give you something respectable to compete against.

Edit: Just looked again and there are quite a few fast times. More and more people are starting to kick my slow ass.
    Last edited by awf170; 07-09-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Wow Sunday River bike park was.....uh.....interesting. Easily the most technical and scariest riding I've done in a long time. I found the trails to be either boring and easy (fire roads) or super technical and scary. There were some very nice berms and jumps mixed in though. I'm not sure I'd go back. Trails were sort of the opposite of Highland, very little flow and teeth rattling technical sections.

For anyone looking to go, definitely bring a big, squishy DH specific bike. My 6 inch travel Butcher got tossed around a bit.

Sounds awesome.... sort of.

Planning to go up there sometime later this season. Hopefully I don't die on my hardtail.

And by the way, for anyone that goes to highland, set up strava and race down Hellion. Right now just me and a couple of friends are doing it, but I think it would be fun to get some serious competition going for top times down Hellion.

Heh yeah, Sunday River is pure and raw DH. If its not your thing, you will not like it at all. I rode there on my enduro a few Octobers ago and felt ok, but a full on DH bike would have made things a lot more fun.

I don't like carrying my phone on me when I ride at highland, otherwise I'd join in.

My shop is running an event that should be a lot of fun (if people show up) so tell the wife and kids to get out and ride! I will be there with my family and you should too

Thursday 7/12 - Ladies MTB ride with pro downhill SRAM racer Katie Holden!

WHEN Thursday, July 12 @ 10:30am
    WHERE Cunningham Park, Queens
    WHY Why not! Free!

All youth girls, ladies and women welcome, all experience levels ok.

If you need a bike, email "Andree Sanders" asanders@tfkmetrony.org and we should be able to arrange one for you!

I was feelin' all STABby the last two days.

This morning- dog keeping wife's face off the internet:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STAB.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	118133

top of 'mile long field', noice!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Heading to Diablow Wednesday, if anyone is in the area.

I'm moderately slow, don't go crazy big, and far prefer the techy/rawks vs. the jump trails, but will ride whatever. Plan is to just have fun riding the big bike.

VTSession: I'm itching to check out Sunday River. Not far from my in-laws place, but just haven't been able to make it happen to ride there yet. Thinking a fall visit with the big bike for there, and the XC bike for Bradbury.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Sunday River is definitely not Highland. Completely different trails. Totally agree with anospa--if it's not your thing, you won't like it. If you like steep gnarly sketchy techy stuff, it's where you want to be (ie., if you want high-speed groomed sidewalks with manicured jumps, don't bother). Definitely scary, especially when wet (which it seems like is a lot).
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Sunday River is definitely not Highland. Completely different trails. Totally agree with anospa--if it's not your thing, you won't like it. If you like steep gnarly sketchy techy stuff, it's where you want to be (ie., if you want high-speed groomed sidewalks with manicured jumps, don't bother). Definitely scary, especially when wet (which it seems like is a lot).
    Yes. I want that stuff. One of the reasons I prefer Platty to Diablo, except that it is an extra hour of driving both ways.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Heading to Western Ma (westfield) for a wedding this weekend, bringing the mtn bike, any suggestions from the maggots???

Anyone ride the trails up near Hampshire college?

stratham alps tonight @ 640. north conway for some big boy rides sunday/monday. sundays ride will be torture fer sure, but fun

anyone wanna do a 4-5 hour sunday ride with a shit ton o climbing early on with some of the finest one track for miles and miles and miles?

rog