Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

anyone riding in northern vermont tomorrow?

i am. 10am east burke. riding to top of east mtn 3400ft, highest point in NEK, then riding back to town via various routes of roads, dirt roads, singletrack. riding my cross bike. beer will be involved.

rog

Gay. if you actually had a real bike you could ride all 2,000+ feet of singletrack back to town.

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Gay. if you actually had a real bike you could ride all 2,000+ feet of singletrack back to town.
    you have no idea lil buddy, no idea........

east mountain is NOT burke mountain, fyi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Mo...unty,_Vermont)

rog

I see... I didn't even read that part. Slightly less gay I guess. At least you're not missing on awesome singletrack and just riding down the road. Why don't you just ride some singletrack over at darling hill with 500 of your closest friends? If I remember correctly that place is your favorite riding in NE, right?

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    I see... I didn't even read that part. Slightly less gay I guess. At least you're not missing on awesome singletrack and just riding down the road. Why don't you just ride some singletrack over at darling hill with 500 of your closest friends? If I remember correctly that place is your favorite riding in NE, right?
    you know me, i don't pedal for fun, i pedal for pain. life is fun, why should sport be?

meh, darling hill. darling hill was pretty cool in like 97' on my ole steel stumpy and the few trails over there were very long and so tight n narrow that you could barely see dirt below the ferns growing over the trail. that was kt in the good ole dayz. you'd never see another rider either. try 2000 of your closest friends this weekend. i'm supposed to lead rides both days. not over there. up mountain/down mountain...repeat.

north conway=my fave for the last 17 years. it's stoopid good. gotta get you and yer young scrawny ass up there.

rog

god you are such a douche. you are such a douche that it gives me chills. douche chills

Quote Originally Posted by meatspicy View Post
    god you are such a douche. you are such a douche that it gives me chills. douche chills
    FUCK YOU.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    north conway=my fave for the last 17 years. it's stoopid good.

rog
    How 'bout a little help then?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s....php?p=3671888

maybe I should have just asked in here??

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    How 'bout a little help then?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s....php?p=3671888

maybe I should have just asked in here??
    personal tour anytime my friend. the local map is an ok start, but there's so much stuff that takes years of, "where does this go, i wonder if this connects to that?" you know, non kt or millstone type riding. plus you have the trails to yerself. mondays are good for me.

rog

Fun ride at West Hartford Res on Saturday with MMP. Sufferfest yesterday at Middlesex. I always get lost there or end up in places I don't want to be......
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    Thanks, man! We should ride sometime again. I need a tour of lynn woods, but I'm an evenings only during the week, maybe a weekend coming up...
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman829 View Post
    Tomorrow's a no-go for me. Gotta work. Friday too. Would love to ride Lynn with ya either this weekend or next week. I've been there a handful of times but I'm sure I'm missing some of the goods and you seem to know that place pretty well right?

Lets ride Lynn this week at some point. (That is if the rain ever stops, which is looking doubtful)

I want to, but this week is no go for me. Got a nasty case of poison ivy on my knee which is now infected swelling my leg from knee to ankle. Doc gave me a bunch of pills, which hopefully clear it up soon, but I'm on the sidelines for the time being.

Bumping this thread....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0686.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	117743

Anyone at Windham this weekend for the World Cup? Did my first Highland day yesterday. I love summer.

how bout some Hartshorne stoke/talk about some awsome switchbacks....atlantic highlands was soooooo rippinnn ,when I rode NJ ! nice circlet of trails at allaire too
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Anyone at Windham this weekend for the World Cup?
    Yes, Windham was a great time! Very cool to see all those big name riders tearing it up in person. Would definitely attend again if it fits my schedule.

May have a few pics to post up later.

Planning to hit STAB on Saturday... what's a good ~3hr route?

Anyone going to Highland tomorrow? Thinking about it.

Love finding new to me trails like the mud city loop near Stowe. Sections near the brook was literally my dream trail

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Anyone going to Highland tomorrow? Thinking about it.
    Gunning for Friday...

Fourth of July ride anyone? I could be down for lynn, gspot, b&t's, willowdale, harold parker or I guess anywhere else in that general area.

And I'm riding in a couple of hours if by the slightest chance anyone is around.

Trumbull, Ninham, a couple other little local spots in the last week. Blue Mtn. over in Peekskill later today.

Local stuff tomorrow. Staying the fuck away from the highways and crowded spots.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

I just posted this about xc at Highland over on MTBR, but felt like throwing it up here too.

"I rode the xc loop this past Sunday- really nice so far. Flowy and bermy with equal parts climbing and bombing down. We clocked about 5.5 miles including fire road returns, and according to management it will, indeed, be up 10 miles by season's end (early evidence of trail expansion was visible- we even rode one stretch that felt VERY new- really soft and freshly thinned out).

I have also heard rumor that they are planning to extend some ridge line, enduro type trails all the way down to the valley, with shuttles picking riders up to return them to the base. Pure unconfirmed rumor, but pretty cool if true.

That place is so great. Easy rider is a pretty solid xc trail too if you want to ride the lifts but dial the gnar way down. My wife ripped that and meadow's end on a 4" xc bike all day.

In a group of four of us there was myself- earth-bound intermediate on an AM bike, my wife, a total novice on her 4" xc bike and our two friends on dedicated downhill steeds with full armor and the skills to justify it lapping hellion all day. All of us had epic days. They're doing an impressive job up there of making the place ideal for riders of all levels and tastes."

Also worth noting- the pump track is niiiice. And how rad is it seeing a 12yo kid in full gear ripping up happy hour. Especially a little girl tearing it up with her dad. Made me smile anyhow.

Biggins, I posted a few pages back about the same stuff.

I got it straight from the head trail builder's mouth that they want to run trails down the valley with shuttles bringing you back to the base. He's hoping for 45 minute downhill runs.

I'll be up on Friday with a bunch of folks, looking forward to another fun day up there!