Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

^^^^^^Holy Jeebus, where is this??!!
    Yes where? love the guys rocking the hardtails too.

15 minutes past Burke Mtn... More like 25-30 depending on traffic.

There is also this place on Route 5 (other side of Darling Hill) near West Burke.

http://www.burkecottagerentals.com/i...d=46&Itemid=54
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    15 minutes past Burke Mtn... More like 25-30 depending on traffic]
    Probably true I guess. I remember it taking longer now that I think about it. Still would recommend it though.

Anyone get out today in Mass? Thinking about heading out in an hour or so to give it a go and see how wet things are.

Also curious where that stuff is AWF? Looks like B$Ts if all the stunts didn't fall down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Quote Originally Posted by birdman829 View Post
    Probably true I guess. I remember it taking longer now that I think about it. Still would recommend it though.

Anyone get out today in Mass? Thinking about heading out in an hour or so to give it a go and see how wet things are.

Also curious where that stuff is AWF? Looks like B$Ts if all the stunts didn't fall down.
    Yep, it's B&T's. A bunch of the stunts have been rebuilt in the past couple of years. New stuff is built wicked solid too, so it'll be around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Yep, it's B&T's. A bunch of the stunts have been rebuilt in the past couple of years. New stuff is built wicked solid too, so it'll be around for a while.
    Hot damn. I recognize a couple of those spots actually but I gotta explore over there more. Last time I was there I found a couple newer structures but I was on my way back to the car so I didn't look around that area more. That elevated skinny looks fun but scary. I saw something over on MTBR that the Greenbelt people are a bit upset about the new structures so I hope they're not too easy to find.

Rode Greenwood in Beverly last night and it was pretty moist. Not exactly the best place to go right after a rain as it never seems to dry up in there but it was fun. Weather's looking up for the next few days at least with what looks like a banner weekend coming up.
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Just booked a camp spot in Brighton State Park, thanks again for the recommendation. I'm going to attempt to ride through the slop today at Wompatuck. I haven't ridden in almost a week, its nice to see the sun.

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    Gonna be at Bachelor St. this afternoon, as long as it doesn't hail like it did yesterday afternoon.
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

Soggy ride last night at the Fells.

From next to wright tower I could see some intense thunder storms passing south of the city.

Forecast looks good for drying everything out this weekend, bit hot though.

Seriously, page two?!

Just to keep this thread going here is a quick iphone vid of me going on/off a rock in Lynn woods from last night.

well aint that cute, lil buddy. now take the cheater rocks away and do it!

gotta git you up to n-con. marta and i did a short, sweet but killer ride monday that sported 2 climbs at 1500 vert each, and 2 1500 vert different descents on perfect one track. 3k climb in barely 12 miles. rigid/single never felt so good........

let me know when you wanna go!

rog

I could probably do a Sunday at some point. Monday's are shitty for me though. 1500 feet on a SS speed, ughhhh.... the worst part is that I can't bitch about my 1X9 since you'll be on a SS. What happen to the fancy 29er? Break it???

I could probably do a Sunday at some point. Monday's are shitty for me though. 1500 feet on a SS speed, ughhhh.... the worst part is that I can't bitch about my 1X9 since you'll be on a SS. What happen to the fancy 29er? Break it???
    sundays work too. very well. nice thing about long climbs is you settle in. after 10 minutes of pushin and pullin like it's yer job, it just seems to get easier. ss makes you adapt to pitches and terrain vs being able to just click a button and go slower. my heart rate stays lower on ss as well.

you can't bitch about yer 1x9 or being half my age had to finally give the fancy bike back. good thing cuz i surely woulda broken it.

lets ride soon. get drew too.

rog

going out in stowe at 10 am this morning. meeting at skiershop.

Page 2

Lincoln Woods, RI

^^^^ awesome. Love the all the cool angles you get from just balancing the camera on the ground. Like this mix of POV too.

Trail conditions are just about perfect. I figured all the rain the last few weeks was gonna make a mess of things but it seems that a dry winter and then a few gullywashers to get things cleaned up were just what we needed this year. I'm riding stronger than I have in at least ten years and it feels FUCKING GOOD!!

I got to ride with a coyote last week. I was just pedaling along slowly and he almost ran into me broadside, startled himself and looked at me like "WTF are you doing here?" It was hysterical! Then he started loafing along about 6 feet off the side of the trail just pacing me for the next ten minutes until a squirrel distracted him and it was over. We kept looking at each other and locking eyes for a second or two at a time. It was so cool...

Xpost from ECRC:

Hey, I will be up in Barre, VT tomorrow night and Thursday for business.
    I realize it is going to be hot but would enjoy trying to sneak in some rides on Wed evening and/or Thursday early am?
    Anyone around and want to show me around Millstone or other local goodness?
    Ride then hit a watering hole would be ideal!
    The Passion is in the Risk

lynch you want come up to waterbury or stowe? I could ride thursday Am, well all day thursday.

It's hot out there yo. Did a short ride in town and it was brutal. Came home and washed off the whip while soaking myself with the hose to cool off. Looking pretty spiffy.

^^^ wanna ride somewhere on the northshore tomorrow morning before it gets hot as balls again?

Tomorrow's a no-go for me. Gotta work. Friday too. Would love to ride Lynn with ya either this weekend or next week. I've been there a handful of times but I'm sure I'm missing some of the goods and you seem to know that place pretty well right?

yeah, doubtful i'll be around this weekend, but next week should definitely work. I can pretty much do every day midweek as long as i ride earlyish. And yep, i know lynn very well. There are bunch of new trails that are freakin' awesome that i doubt you have ever seen if you have only been a few times.

^^^^ awesome. Love the all the cool angles you get from just balancing the camera on the ground. Like this mix of POV too.
    Thanks, man! We should ride sometime again. I need a tour of lynn woods, but I'm an evenings only during the week, maybe a weekend coming up...

I can do most evenings too. I'm just doing research/thesis work at school now so my schedule is super flexible. Any evenings work for you next week?

Anyone up for an early Sunday ride in Yorktown (NY)? Depending on hangover severity the plan is to hit the trail about 7:30am. If any of the metro NY mags wanna meet lemme know. Should be about two hours, maybe a bit more because my daughter is driving me crazy to get her out again. She may be a small 13 year old but she's starting to give me a run for my money until I wipe her out.