Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2012

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA

I met Earl the other day, seems like a good tird, cant wait to get down to the valley

to ride as it dries fast and have witnessed topless hippy chicks out by what ever pond that is.

Quote Originally Posted by angry swede View Post
    Nice footage pwbmps, looks like some good stuff up there, hope to sample the STAB goods in the near future.

Rode for many hours at Batchelor St. on saturday having a few run ins with those pesky trees bushwacker mentioned. Started off super slick but the sun came out and everything out as the day progressed. Slowed it down sunday across the way at Earl's trails, and took a few pics.

Last edited by macdadmorgan; 05-13-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: la musica
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

[QUOTE=Vt-Freeheel;3636283]These folks have been building trails for over 20 years and their style is twisty switchbacks with apex trees for speed checks to keep the skidding down. Beats guide stones. Hoping to make it down there soon, Powbmps vid brought it back to the forefront of my mind.

Was out last night in Dennyland, tight switchbacks both up and down, so much fun to ride. Surprizingly no bugs, didn't really stop much either.QUOTE]

Wow. I really have to chuckle at you. Tight downhill switchbacks....so much more fun then a bermed out tread to rail with a low guide stone to maintain the apex of the corner and still allowing you to lean it over. Denny land. What a retarded network. Definielty a no flow zone. Perfect for old farts who's skills have not evolved in 20 years. It's a new world out there on the single track these days...and you are a relic. People have been doing all kinds of stupid things for 20 years....with all the hype, they will discover what the KT has over the last 2 decades. Their trails are gonna get blown up, then they will have to go back and rework them all if they want to maintain them as narrow singletracks. How much trailwork do you do every year? Or is it still "breaking a few branches of as I ride by" type of thing. Just a user. One of the sheep we try and heard as we continue to build new trail and keep folks like you from riding off tread and widening sweet flowing singletrack into a blown out, 4 foot wide mess. You're welcome.

[QUOTE=DaveVt;3640423]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    These folks have been building trails for over 20 years and their style is twisty switchbacks with apex trees for speed checks to keep the skidding down. Beats guide stones. Hoping to make it down there soon, Powbmps vid brought it back to the forefront of my mind.

Was out last night in Dennyland, tight switchbacks both up and down, so much fun to ride. Surprizingly no bugs, didn't really stop much either.QUOTE]

Wow. I really have to chuckle at you. Tight downhill switchbacks....so much more fun then a bermed out tread to rail with a low guide stone to maintain the apex of the corner and still allowing you to lean it over. Denny land. What a retarded network. Definielty a no flow zone. Perfect for old farts who's skills have not evolved in 20 years. It's a new world out there on the single track these days...and you are a relic. People have been doing all kinds of stupid things for 20 years....with all the hype, they will discover what the KT has over the last 2 decades. Their trails are gonna get blown up, then they will have to go back and rework them all if they want to maintain them as narrow singletracks. How much trailwork do you do every year? Or is it still "breaking a few branches of as I ride by" type of thing. Just a user. One of the sheep we try and heard as we continue to build new trail and keep folks like you from riding off tread and widening sweet flowing singletrack into a blown out, 4 foot wide mess. You're welcome.
    why so angry, jersey girl?
    and what are the sheep trying to say?
    as yer trying to 'heard' them and all.
    my guess is 'dave's a douche'.
    smart sheep, dumb guy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Shit's tight. Liking the 711 width.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Shit's tight. Liking the 711 width.
    yeah in Pa we would cut one of them out....

Nice footage pwbmps, looks like some good stuff up there, hope to sample the STAB goods in the near future.

Rode for many hours at Batchelor St. on saturday having a few run ins with those pesky trees bushwacker mentioned. Started off super slick but the sun came out and everything out as the day progressed. Slowed it down sunday across the way at Earl's trails, and took a few pics.

fkna that brings back memories. I don't know why but the dirt on Earl's trails is always perfect.

I'm headed up to North Conway for a friend's b-day party this weekend. We'll be riding most of the time around there. Any trail rec's besides Red Tail Trail?

Shaping up to be another nice weekend.

Thinking STAB on Sunday if anyone is going to be over that way.

First trip to the Kingdom Trails Friday! We'll be at the Burke Campground, anyone else heading up this weekend?

Kennebeck, bec, bec,

Quec? Quec?

Sagadahoc,

Hockomock,

Wiscasset chow, Nequasset chaw,

Chew-uh-ma-quick, Chewonki-what?

Even though it's not bad to chill at Bath Subaru while they are working on the car and being able to wander over to Bikeman, it's a heck of a lot more fun to explore the trails around Bath.

mud means maine.

goddam, you guys are still riding mtb? fuck i thought that season ended a good 6 weeks ago, my last ride. how amazing wuz that winter riding eh?

well, till winter, have fun y'all, maybe see some-of-ya's at the beach!

rog

Nice ride at STAB Sunday. Roasting in the sun, but the woods stayed cool.

Bar to tree contact led to this odd situation. Abrupt stop led to nuts meeting bike.

Wow had an amazing weekend riding up in the Whites. Three days of riding included Red Tail Trail, Moat Mountain and the Stick and Stones single track. Still sorting through video and pictures.

I gotta say that trails up there rival anything at NEK.

I was up at highland all weekend for the NEMBA trail school clinic, and got to learn some cool stuff. Sunday one of the classes was with Tom Lepesquer (trail builder at Highland) and tour the mountain looking at some of the trails and what he's learned in making them. It was pretty awesome to walk the trails and see what goes into them. We got to see a few things you wouldn't notice while riding (there's a 35-foot double that jumps over Hellion they built up for one of the new world disorder movies).

We also got to walk the new trail they're building: Cat's Paw. Its an off shoot on the greens, and its gonna have some progressive features like a log cannon that's mellower than the Power Hour one and a few other features. I asked him if they planned on doing anything with skinnies, and he said its something they're definitely interested in, and he wants to make a slower more techy trail that has a ton of skinnies. That should be sick!

I didn't ride the XC loop, but they're building, and building fast! The plan is to incorporate it into the mountain more, and make a few trails that go up to the summit. They also plan on expanding down meadow's end and going further into the valley out toward the farms. He was saying they're planning on making it into a 45 min downhill and having shuttles to bring you back up to the mountain.

Such an awesome weekend, really excited to see what happens with this!

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Wow had an amazing weekend riding up in the Whites. Three days of riding included Red Tail Trail, Moat Mountain and the Stick and Stones single track. Still sorting through video and pictures.

i've been meaning to get up there for awhile now.
    looking forward to pic's and vid.
    please give details on parking, maps, etc...
    woot
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post

That stuff is up there high on my list for a little trip this summer.

The SMBA trails and the stuff in Moreau Lake SP make a good little 2-3 day riding trip. Some sweet riding there.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Having some XC options at Highland would be sweet. The DH trails frighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    I was up at highland all weekend for the NEMBA trail school clinic, and got to learn some cool stuff. Sunday one of the classes was with Tom Lepesquer (trail builder at Highland) and tour the mountain looking at some of the trails and what he's learned in making them. It was pretty awesome to walk the trails and see what goes into them. We got to see a few things you wouldn't notice while riding (there's a 35-foot double that jumps over Hellion they built up for one of the new world disorder movies).

We also got to walk the new trail they're building: Cat's Paw. Its an off shoot on the greens, and its gonna have some progressive features like a log cannon that's mellower than the Power Hour one and a few other features. I asked him if they planned on doing anything with skinnies, and he said its something they're definitely interested in, and he wants to make a slower more techy trail that has a ton of skinnies. That should be sick!

I didn't ride the XC loop, but they're building, and building fast! The plan is to incorporate it into the mountain more, and make a few trails that go up to the summit. They also plan on expanding down meadow's end and going further into the valley out toward the farms. He was saying they're planning on making it into a 45 min downhill and having shuttles to bring you back up to the mountain.

Such an awesome weekend, really excited to see what happens with this!

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Having some XC options at Highland would be sweet. The DH trails frighten me.
    There's about 3 or 4 miles of trails already. I didn't wake up in time to catch some guys that were riding Sunday morning, but the consensus was that they are fun and have a lot of climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    That stuff is up there high on my list for a little trip this summer.

The SMBA trails and the stuff in Moreau Lake SP make a good little 2-3 day riding trip. Some sweet riding there.
    I'm 5 minutes from the SMBA trailhead, so if you or anyone else comes this way to ride, hit me up. I'm always looking for someone to ride with and I'm happy to fire up the grill afterwards for some post-ride grub.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    I'm 5 minutes from the SMBA trailhead, so if you or anyone else comes this way to ride, hit me up. I'm always looking for someone to ride with and I'm happy to fire up the grill afterwards for some post-ride grub.
    Cool. I got a very nice tour from another local about two years ago. Good stuff! It's on the list to hit up again sometime in future.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

It's been quite awhile since I've spent much time on a bike but I decided this spring was the time to dust off the old hardtail and see what metro Boston has to offer. I went to Cutler Park for the first time today for a 5 mile loop and wasn't disappointed, plenty of well packed singletrack with a little of this thrown in just to class the joint up a bit..

It's pretty convenient as an after work spot for me and I see myself spending a lot more time there, so say hello if you pass me...

I'd ask to hook up with some locals who could show me around a bit more, but for now I'm afraid I embody the holy trinity of a bad riding partner: The Hard Tail, The Weak Lungs, and The Lack of Skillz...

Gimme a few months and we'll see.
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 05-21-2012 at 07:51 PM.

I think this guy was laying eggs in the first "table" you hit as you ride through the "pump track" @ cutler

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    I was up at highland all weekend ... he wants to make a slower more techy trail that has a ton of skinnies. ... They also plan on expanding down meadow's end and going further into the valley out toward the farms. He was saying they're planning on making it into a 45 min downhill and having shuttles to bring you back up to the mountain.
    Awesome update. Any idea on the timeframe of all that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I went to Cutler Park for the first time today for a 5 mile loop and wasn't disappointed, It's pretty convenient as an after work spot for me and I see myself spending a lot more time there, so say hello if you pass me... I'd ask to hook up with some locals who could show me around a bit more, but for now I'm afraid I embody the holy trinity of a bad riding partner: The Hard Tail, The Weak Lungs, and The Lack of Skillz...
    Cutler is a great spin. I've got a white Santa Cruz with a change for nickel sticker on the top tube, so give a shout if you see me, too. I'm in the weak and riding a mule boat, too.

I think this guy was laying eggs in the first "table" you hit as you ride through the "pump track" @ cutler
    That's kinda a bummer...
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Awesome update. Any idea on the timeframe of all that stuff?
    Not sure, but the feeling I got was as soon as they could build it they'd have it. I think the on mountain stuff is their main focus, but they have been increasing the singletrack since last year fairly quickly. It sounded like offering a wider variety of trails on the mountain is their main goal, but long term they want to have a cross country system in place for people to use.

It sounded like their order was: on mountain trails, XC trail system, extended downhill runs with shuttles.

They've been able to crank out a lot in the past year, so I hope they can continue building at the same pace. Tom mentioned that they're interested in having people come up and help build the XC network. NEMBA did a few trail days there last year, so hopefully they can pull together a few big groups again this summer and get things built.

Anyone hitting Plattekill on Monday? It should be an awesome day, I can't wait to check out the summer scene (but I may have to bring some loppers in case I feel the urge to wander around in the woods).
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi