Page 38 of 108 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Downbound T, if all you see is soap it is time to consult your inner GSA.

The GSA blessed us in Whistler with more snowfall this weekend... as I passed the hallowed grounds of Rabbit Tracks on my way down to the car after another great March day, I said a quick thank you prayer for His gift... In the name of the GSA, the climbing harness, and the holy gopro, Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Caught myself today in the tram line today at snowbird with my foot cocked out, and toe in the air. Had to Smile, and was filled with a deep sense of inner calm, for I knew the GSA was looking down on me, and said a few Hail GoPros to myself. I then looked around filled with a new sense of awareness, and I noticed at least 5 others with the exact same stance.

There may not have been any sightings this weekend, but we are all looking out when we should be looking in, the GSA is in all of us. To deny your inner gaper is to deny your true self. The GSA's battery powered orange pants are the ying to the battered and duct taped old pants of the local hardcore shredder's yang. There is a duality that cannot be denied. The bro-brah is fallible, and the sooner you come to this realization you can then embark on the unattainable journey for GSA perfection.

Remember, Shred for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the Gnar.
    GOLDENAMBROSIA

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    The GSA blessed us in Whistler with more snowfall this weekend... as I passed the hallowed grounds of Rabbit Tracks on my way down to the car after another great March day, I said a quick thank you prayer for His gift... In the name of the GSA, the climbing harness, and the holy gopro, Amen.
    the holy tracks of rabbit, they were followed on our pilgrimage to powder, praise thee oh holy gsa for your bounty, amen.

Caught myself today in the tram line today at snowbird with my foot cocked out, and toe in the air. Had to Smile, and was filled with a deep sense of inner calm, for I knew the GSA was looking down on me, and said a few Hail GoPros to myself. I then looked around filled with a new sense of awareness, and I noticed at least 5 others with the exact same stance.

There may not have been any sightings this weekend, but we are all looking out when we should be looking in, the GSA is in all of us. To deny your inner gaper is to deny your true self. The GSA's battery powered orange pants are the ying to the battered and duct taped old pants of the local hardcore shredder's yang. There is a duality that cannot be denied. The bro-brah is fallible, and the sooner you come to this realization you can then embark on the unattainable journey for GSA perfection.

Remember, Shred for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the Gnar.
    The GSA has made us all self aware -- and given that I really am a gaper, I feel especially blessed

(query) if a gaper is not proud of new or unnecessary gear, can he really gape at all?
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSA.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	112053

This should be posted around all predicted stomping grounds of the GSA. Although readers of this thread may be well informed, we need to ensure that the public knows of His ways.

I spotted this in a really weird ski magazine. It is the latest in Bogner Technology

Name:	6971625057_a3664b5421.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	112064
    Look for fur trimmed harnesses available next season.

Oh blessed Prophets and ye who are better versed than I in the teachings of the Almighty GSA! I seek advice in a matter which has recently been the cause of anguish and doubt.

For the last few seasons, I have dabbled in the ways of gaperdom in my own fashion, be it whether skating across the flats to acces the gnar, meadowskipping or even while donning skins and performing the act of repentance otherwise known as "touring", for during all these I have worn the often unnecessary protective helm know as a fullface.

My recent troubles have been caused by the fact that the most Blessed and Holy GSA has chosen not to don such protection.

Therefore I ask you all: Have I been living in sin? Or will we at some future occasion be allowed to witness the GSA in His final form, where He dons His ultimate helm, and is finally setting his compass of travel in the direction of AK?

Training for Alaska!
    SiSt

P.S. in order to make up for the potential error of my ways, I am currently saving for an ABS pack in order to replace my woefully inadequate Avalung backpack.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

and that bar of soap has a name so let's show some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    What girlfriend? That's a bar of soap!

Page 3 really? The GSA would not approve, page 1 - top 5 or nothing...
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    What girlfriend? That's a bar of soap!
    The soap is to bathe the GSA's feet with our hair.

Fuck they were a great band live.

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	5037 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	112126

Vintage Gaper Spirit Animal sighting at Park City Mountain Resort, this was still from when times were tough for the GSA as evidenced by the 1 gopro, apparently he was still waiting for sponsor swag to come to set up the rear view cam.

Land of Milk and Honey(Not sure where that is.)
    Chuck Norris doesn't train for Alaska. Alaska trains for Chuck Norris.

When was this photo taken?

jgb@etree Guest
    Devastating news, but I just got word from a friend of a friend of a friend's friend that the GSA has apparently achieved self-awareness and toning things down considerably now that he realizes that he is the laughingstock of the online ski world.

Sorry to be the bearer of such awful news. Call me Pontious Pilate, if you wish.

So.....I was not following GSA until I saw him with Powder11s in Whistler.....now I must follow.

Came home from Whistler and got my wife up to speed on this (YEARS ago, she was a very active maggette.....Britney.....now she no longer partakes ).

Anyhow.....she believes GSA has set us up......that he is is on the boards and has created an elaborate hoax (possibly even contributing, to keep the legend alive).
    ----just throwing that out. It is possible, and would be frickin brilliant.

EDIT - just saw the previous post. Really? Is your source reliable?
    Donjoy to the World!

Even if it's a hoax, we can continue to believe.
    e.g. Scientology, Rastafarianism
    Change is good. You go first.

The GSA's battery powered orange pants are .
    The pants are not battery powered. They are wind powered.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    So.....I was not following GSA until I saw him with Powder11s in Whistler.....now I must follow.

Came home from Whistler and got my wife up to speed on this (YEARS ago, she was a very active maggette.....Britney.....now she no longer partakes ).

Anyhow.....she believes GSA has set us up......that he is is on the boards and has created an elaborate hoax (possibly even contributing, to keep the legend alive).
    ----just throwing that out. It is possible, and would be frickin brilliant.

EDIT - just saw the previous post. Really? Is your source reliable?
    What is the deal with females being non believers? My maggette Van_Skier also thinks it's a hoax. She has seen him with her own eyes yet still does not believe.

Quote Originally Posted by THECZECH View Post

Vintage Gaper Spirit Animal sighting at Park City Mountain Resort, this was still from when times were tough for the GSA as evidenced by the 1 gopro, apparently he was still waiting for sponsor swag to come to set up the rear view cam.
    Or it got taken out skiing 'the trees'. Remember: "Trim a branch. Save a Go-Pro!" Bring your snow saw. (see FS: Training for Alaska Gear thread)
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    What is the deal with females being non believers? My maggette Van_Skier also thinks it's a hoax. She has seen him with her own eyes yet still does not believe.
    You have to admit, even if it is an elaborate troll, it's is a troll of epic proportions...
    Not saying it is, or that I don't want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    You have to admit, even if it is an elaborate troll, it's is a troll of epic proportions...
    Not saying it is, or that I don't want to believe.
    that's a few thousand bucks of trolling gear that i'd like to have.

Fucking Facebook. I've seen way too much GSA talk on there lately and knew that would be the eventual cause of GSA self awareness. I sincerely hope your source 5-times removed is wrong. If this is true, we may be forced to move into the next era of worship...

The GSA is Dead. Long Live the GSA.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Devastating news, but I just got word from a friend of a friend of a friend's friend that the GSA has apparently achieved self-awareness and toning things down considerably now that he realizes that he is the laughingstock of the online ski world.

Sorry to be the bearer of such awful news. Call me Pontious Pilate, if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by THECZECH View Post

The saga continutes. THECZECH is amongst the chosen ones blessed with a sighting. It looks as if you were the chair behind him, where did he lead you?