Page 79 of 108 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2685
    Quote Originally Posted by MJbumper1121 View Post
    If I had my gear strapped to my back while slaying the stairmaster in preparation for Alaska at the workplace gym, you bet your a$$ people would be snickering while snapping pics/vid AND giving me shit about it daily. Sometimes, training for Alaska is worth the snide remarks and ridicule from the same folks who sit at home eating ice cream and crying while watching "America's next top model".

GSA needs to forget about the peons and continue making skiers' dreams his reality (aka, slaying pow in alaska)!
    As I age, I realize that if people aren't laughing at me to my face, then they really aren't my friends and don't matter anyway. The more I learn of the GSA, the more I like him. I want to know if he got to use the harness. I have found mine a bit frustrating as my wife has taken to grabbing a carabineer and using it to make me do stuff I don't want to.
    Speaking of which, the seats at the opera are comfortable and nobody hassels you when you pull a PBR out of your back pack. The Go Pro footage however is not that entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    good thing there's 80 pages of dicks ridiculing him. oh right. worshipping him in good fun, just like any of them would enjoy.

Just checking in to see if the GSA has posted yet to ask spook to stop being a faggot on his behalf...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Just checking in to see if the GSA has posted yet to ask spook to stop being a faggot on his behalf...
    come on now. you know it wouldn't make any difference. i'm not doing it for the assumed desires of a particular person. that would mean i had situational morality.

also, don't you think "faggot" is a little trite by now? or is it a brain limitation thing for you?

come on now. you know it wouldn't make any difference. i'm not doing it for the assumed desires of a particular person. that would mean i had situational morality.

also, don't you think "faggot" is a little trite by now? or is it a brain limitation thing for you?
    Nope, it just fits.

Seriously, I have nothing against you, but nothing really for you either. People would probably call you names less if you didn't react the way you do.

I respect the GSA. Splat, It's cool you were able to talk to him. Id like to hear his story.

Based on someones comments regarding litigation. I wonder if meeting of Splat & GSA was to talk about said litigation.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

spook Guest
    Nope, it just fits.

Seriously, I have nothing against you, but nothing really for you either. People would probably call you names less if you didn't react the way you do.
    yeah, it fits if you're 14. people started calling me names from the first post i made. it's not initially reactions. it's actions. this place has a very narrow range of acceptable, which is interesting considering the alleged free spirited nature. names don't bother me a bit. a little more creativity would be nice, though, and a little less juvenile mindset. but of course, after 5 years of it i'm not holding out too much hope.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Based on someones comments regarding litigation. I wonder if meeting of Splat & GSA was to talk about said litigation.
    he obviously doesn't have a sense of humor about 80 pages of people laughing at him. sheesh! some folks are so uptight.

yeah, it fits if you're 14. people started calling me names from the first post i made. it's not initially reactions. it's actions. this place has a very narrow range of acceptable, which is interesting considering the alleged free spirited nature. names don't bother me a bit. a little more creativity would be nice, though, and a little less juvenile mindset. but of course, after 5 years of it i'm not holding out too much hope.
    The juvenile mindset is what keeps me coming back and what makes this thread funny.
    I have plenty of opportunity to act like a grown up in the real world (and still try to get away with as much juvenile behavior as possible).

spook Guest
    The juvenile mindset is what keeps me coming back and what makes this thread funny.
    I have plenty of opportunity to act like a grown up in the real world (and still try to get away with as much juvenile behavior as possible).
    i'm all for juvenile, but not at the expense of someone else.

^ your avatar is tilting. Your presence on here seems designed to antagonize, which is ironic given the waxy, sentimental atmosphere you seem interested in promoting.

spook Guest
    my presence is not designed to antagonize and i'm pretty sure that it's not unanimously perceived that way. there are a lot more antagonistic regulars here who nobody seems to have that opinion of. i have no idea what a waxy sentimental atmosphere is, but if it's called being minimally respectful to other people, then i guess i'm guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    No, he won't be spancered by PM Gear. As much as I'd love to spancer him.

But I did have coffee with him at Starbucks a couple weeks ago and I would have to say that any rumors that he's a dick can be put to rest. There is also an amazing story to be told about him but that will come on his schedule not ours. I expect him to be living the dream for a long time and possibly taking some of us along for the ride. He's actually a really nice and really awesome dude. And his gf is beyond smokin hot.
    Truly awesome. I think that this statement makes every page of this thread EVEN MORE awesome. GSA'in around the globe, and maybe coming to a powder filled mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

my presence is not designed to antagonize and i'm pretty sure that it's not unanimously perceived that way. there are a lot more antagonistic regulars here who nobody seems to have that opinion of. i have no idea what a waxy sentimental atmosphere is, but if it's called being minimally respectful to other people, then i guess i'm guilty.
    Will you just STFU and quit cunting up this golden thread. Nobody wants to hear you anymore.

All hail GSA.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Will you just STFU and quit cunting up this golden thread. Nobody wants to hear you anymore.

All hail GSA.
    golden thread, schmolden thread.

i'll consider it if you ask like a big boy with some manners.

Spook,
    Why do you feel so compelled to cunt up this thread. It was never all about the GSA anyhow. What was funny was the cult that formed with the funny artwork ,poems, and general comments. You made your point over and over. It is tantamount to going to a great party and yelling " I don't like drinking, you should put your drinks down" then coming back every 15 minutes to announce the same thing. Just leave the party. Anyone who is in Battle Mode with 3 Go Pro's & Harness at the Bird is not that thin skinned. Frankly I hate calling anyone out and you seem like a decent guy otherwise but damn. The last 20 pages of this thread should be deleted and HOF'd anyhow.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Spook,
    Why do you feel so compelled to cunt up this thread. It was never all about the GSA anyhow. What was funny was the cult that formed with the funny artwork ,poems, and general comments. You made your point over and over. It is tantamount to going to a great party and yelling " I don't like drinking, you should put your drinks down" then coming back every 15 minutes to announce the same thing. Just leave the party. Anyone who is in Battle Mode with 3 Go Pro's & Harness at the Bird is not that thin skinned. Frankly I hate calling anyone out and you seem like a decent guy otherwise but damn. The last 20 pages of this thread should be deleted and HOF'd anyhow.
    actually, compared to the rest of the thread, i've only made my point a handful of times. history should include the dissenters. not paint a false rosy picture of unanimity.

toodles! off to play golf!

p.s. thanks for the semi-compliment. right back at you.

Just to let everyone know, peace has been made outside of TGR, as if that wasn't evident enough in Splat's last post. As Ski To Be noted, the focus turned away from flaming the actual man himself, and turned into reverence of the idea. The GSA has accepted that fact, so I recommend everyone following suit. In the immortal words of Splat, "All hail the benevolent GSA."
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by biff chalupa View Post
    Just to let everyone know, peace has been made outside of TGR, as if that wasn't evident enough in Splat's last post. As Ski To Be noted, the focus turned away from flaming the actual man himself, and turned into reverence of the idea. The GSA has accepted that fact, so I recommend everyone following suit. In the immortal words of Splat, "All hail the benevolent GSA."
    Awesome. Now that GSA is cool with it how do we get spook to quit cunting up this thread let alone the entire rest of this forum?

gopro #1 purchased and enroute.

currently Training for Silverton.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by biff chalupa View Post
    This is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    No, he won't be spancered by PM Gear. As much as I'd love to spancer him.

But I did have coffee with him at Starbucks a couple weeks ago and I would have to say that any rumors that he's a dick can be put to rest. There is also an amazing story to be told about him but that will come on his schedule not ours. I expect him to be living the dream for a long time and possibly taking some of us along for the ride. He's actually a really nice and really awesome dude. And his gf is beyond smokin hot.
    I think there's kind of a great lesson there in not judging people before you know them.

^^^
    What you said mate!
    I'm very happy (and now unafraid of some big stockbroker coming after me with multiple go pros and a black belt in something). All hail the GSA!

...and STFU spook.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Nice Biff.