Page 75 of 108 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2685
    spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    As in, the whole thing had clearly run its course, so why not? He was going to come across it eventually, better to hear it from a maggot. Not sure what's so difficult about this for you to grasp.
    i'm not the one having a moment's concern about litigation, so i guess i may not be the one who has some difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's always been an open arms policy around here for newcomers who weather the hazing and I just wanted to express that acceptance to someone who might have felt insulted, dejected or alienated by what went down.
    Insulted, dejected or alienated? Try publicly humiliated by a pack of faceless online bullies whilst being stalked for ongoing material at his expense. Bt it was ok, all in the name of TRG brotherhood. So yeah, fkna!

The guy must be an ungrateful pussy.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    Try publicly humiliated by a pack of faceless online bullies whilst being stalked for ongoing material at his expense.
    Meh, turn off the computer and it goes away.
    Embarrasing? Perhaps, however anyone taking themselves so seriously as to not see the humorous side to it,
    and not to have a good laugh at themselves (or at least a chortle and a snort) might need a little reality check.
    We are all gapers at one level or another, at one time or another, and the universe is laughing at us every day.
    Measure not the level at which one gaps, but at their ability to embrace the gape and the willingness to laugh at ones self.

Man, you sound as idealistic as I am

Egos are strong things. Particularly banker egos.
    Life is not lift served.

lulz, yeah, or maybe it's just that I've had my moments in life
    and have long ago learned that people remember the nature of the reaction
    longer then they do the thing that caused it...

Embarrasing? Perhaps, however anyone taking themselves so seriously as to not see the humorous side to it,
    and not to have a good laugh at themselves (or at least a chortle and a snort) might need a little reality check.
    We are all gapers at one level or another, at one time or another, and the universe is laughing at us every day.
    Measure not the level at which one gaps, but at their ability to embrace the gape and the willingness to laugh at ones self.
    Truth spoken here.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    Egos are strong things. Particularly banker egos.
    QFT.

I'd imagine the GSA is far past embarrasment and humiliation, and is likely in the rage stage. I've been in IT in the financial field for more than a decade, and know/have known dozens of i-bankers. I've met a couple of great guys, but the cool ones have been few & far between. I hate to generalize about any group, but as a whole they do tend to be self-important douches who are very concerned about their "image".

Their Image and their Network. Bankers are always networking behind the scenes, making sure they know who needs to be known, and mostly ignoring those who do not. There are many facets of needing to know someone, not just financial gain, one is that that person strokes your ego or sense of self importance, another is that they make you feel more important as a skier: "I ski with/know the cool guys".

Well, the biggest core skiing website on Earth just pissed on this guy's "needs". At least it will make building his network of important people in the ski world much easier.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Not so sure I agree with you ACH... so the lesson for father's here like me is to have told my child when he came home from school after being humiliated by bullies..." It's your fault..you take yourself too seriously...you should see the humorous side of what the bully is saying to everybody at school about you...it's a reality check for you son! The bully is not the problem here son, it's you"
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Not the same at all really.
    And you are generalizing.
    I am not, I'm referring to this thread and the GSA specifically, who is an adult and should know better.
    I remember being bullied and cornered in school when I was young.
    There was intimidation and the threat of physical violence.
    This is something altogether different.

Was it bullying...? maybe... probably. I certainly hope this guy has better social skills than a typical middle schooler to deal with the situation.

If the GSA is self aware, and if he is truly omniscient, or at least curious enough by way of fury/amusement/humiliation/titillation to be following this thread, why are we talking as if he is not here?
    You are, aren't you, oh harnessed messiah....

Share with us your thoughts, or at least some footage. And if you are wrathful at your subjects, please, get over it. This kind of legend status would get you laid every fuckin night in our fine southern nation,banker or not. You're the king mate.

Hi soups818! You did the noble and proper thing in deleting the thread initially, and you must do so again, as this whole situation has truly "jumped the shark".I must sadly tell you that vigilant moderation is a necessary evil in an on-line community such as this, as sometimes threads do get out of control, cross the "imaginary line" and must be terminated, and members need to be occasionally chastised and disciplined as well. Quite simply, there needs to be moderators to step up and take action from time to time. While I am here,I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , TTip-ers, NewSchoolers, Epicureans, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Oh common G, you know you are just jealous that you don't have a thread over at AZ that's 77 pages and 1901 posts of pure gold.

Not so sure I agree with you ACH... so the lesson for father's here like me is to have told my child when he came home from school after being humiliated by bullies..." It's your fault..you take yourself too seriously...you should see the humorous side of what the bully is saying to everybody at school about you...it's a reality check for you son! The bully is not the problem here son, it's you"
    Really Scots? This guy is an Ivy league MBA who is sales trading at an elite bank. Some of you forget that some mags here actually know this guy and he is an alpha male with a monster ego and is built like an NFL linebacker. Grade school bullying, which is awful, most certainly does not apply as an analogy here.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Really Scots? This guy is an Ivy league MBA who is sales trading at an elite bank. Some of you forget that some mags here actually know this guy and he is an alpha male with a monster ego and is built like an NFL linebacker. Grade school bullying, which is awful, most certainly does not apply as an analogy here.
    Don't worry, right now there is a banker or several trying to work out how they can surreptitiously network this guy for their own personal advantage, even if it just as a private ego-boosting hobby of making 'good will gestures'. Bankers started this, they will end it. The free market will find a solution.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    he is an alpha male with a monster ego and is built like an NFL linebacker.
    Which begs the question...

What will he do when comes across his first BELIEVE sticker on a car bumper in the parking lot or a pair of skis in the lift line?

I’m guessing - you better know how to fight.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

I am a bit worried for my fellow Portland mags. The stickers were born here and you see them everywhere, and GSA-advocate Spook is allegedly located in Portland also (although he's yet to be spotted). It wouldn't surprise me if the GSA, Spook, and a Believe sticker intersect in the Portland area. If it's me, I'll do my best to let my spirit rawr while I take a beating for my faith. Smite me father.

In defense of the finance community, while we have more than our fair share of douchebags, not everyone fits the stereotype, nor are large egos unique to i-bankers. However, Biff Chalupa did give us a bit of an insight into this particular character and I have to say, if I were Splat, I wouldn't have bothered opening an invitation to him.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Can we get "vlgilant moderation" regarding alpinezoning?

I'm hearing you Stunt, I was one of those ever popular traders myself. I am not saying the GSA is a bad guy, I am saying this guy can most certainly take care of himself and his biz breeds thick skinned folks. TGR is like water on a ducks back to him. Any threat of legal action by him is making him laugh at his desk. The guy drinks beers with smbdy and I bet he owns this at the end. Praise him......LLGSA

I don't know how you have the time to post on this forum, Greg. After all, AZ must be slammed with people after all of the marketing you do to draw people away from this forum. If by some way I am incorrect on your member count, you may want to try new methods of gaining the interest of fellow skiers if these attempts aren't working out. Good luck to you and your forum and I do hope to see some REAL contributions to this board from you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi soups818! You did the noble and proper thing in deleting the thread initially, and you must do so again, as this whole situation has truly "jumped the shark".I must sadly tell you that vigilant moderation is a necessary evil in an on-line community such as this, as sometimes threads do get out of control, cross the "imaginary line" and must be terminated, and members need to be occasionally chastised and disciplined as well. Quite simply, there needs to be moderators to step up and take action from time to time. While I am here,I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , TTip-ers, NewSchoolers, Epicureans, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

G from AZ wins again...

Dude is SOLID GOLD lately, good work mang!!

You are right, Philth. If he is a sales trader, he has put up with worse than this thread, that is for sure.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Somebody needs to tally Greg's score from this thread alone.