Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2685
    ^^^ Yes, he was informed of his GSA status by Splat, who invited him to the Mammoth Mini. Which I think most of us agree was a good move. I guess it didn't go over so well - not a huge surprise. You'd have to have some pretty thick skin to not get pissed.

Hopefully upon reflection he'll see the humor in it all. How could you not laugh at the snowboarder bowing down asking forgiveness for his single-plank sins?

I'm guessing our erstwhile Phil is still stuck in the early movement of "Groundhog Day", but there is hope.
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums

I love that the GSA and Mammoth will be forever linked. Hats off to Splat...
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

How can we get stickers?

I have never wanted to identify my faith on the back of my car.

Until now.

Praise be to GSA.

Apparently the GSA can fly. And swim.

I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Other than anger, I can't think of any legal theory here. If someone takes my picture because of the sheer awesomeness of my costume, that not illegal. No one posted his name. He could probably hunt down biff, if in fact biff took his picture in the company gym. Splat reached out to him. Nothing wrong there. Spook tried to cyber fight a bunch of people for no apparant reason. Nothing wrong there. While there are probably some moral issues here, I don't see any invasion of privacy, etc... But heck, it has been along time since I did all of that stuff in an academic setting.

In the interim, I have grown to like this guy. He doesn't give a crap what others think of him and his outfit. He fllies all over chasing powder and then hits AK all in a season. I hope he doesn't throw away all of the stoke I feel for him by being a wall street guy who sues people at the drop of a hat because others found him hillarious, awesome, or somewhere between the two. I look forward to seeing this play out. If he is the guy I think he is, he'll make his own shirts in full costume and I'll buy three, and buy him a round if I ever meet him in person!!

While GSA was 'training for Alaska' and everyone here was sitting in their cubes making fun of him, he traveled to a number of pretty good venues, brought abundant snow with him, then actually did go ski Alaska. In the meantime, here was everyone still sitting in their cubes making fun of him. Really, who should be pissed about that scenario? You have to hand it to him, he did what 98%+ of the people here only dream of. The joke's not on him, it's on us...

Would love this as a topsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMessenger View Post
    Updated and improved from the other thread. Thought I would add this important GSA iconography.

And thus, the prophesy is fulfilled. The GSA, after jumping over the shark devil SPOOK(the prince of lameness), the thread was erased, and on the third day, was resurrected and ascended into Alaska thereafter... as it was foretold.

No shit Sherlock

Sent from my PC36100 using TGR Forums

that's rich, suing the mods? LOL

learning what the internet is really about is like losing your innocence as a child.

you think "oh wow what a great source of information and a great way to stay in touch"

then you become a meme.

Can I get a few of those Believe stickers? How much do you want for them? Also any FKNA ones left?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^^ Yes, he was informed of his GSA status by Splat, who invited him to the Mammoth Mini. Which I think most of us agree was a good move. I guess it didn't go over so well
    brainiacs abound

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    brainiacs abound
    Nice selective quoting there, spook. As I said, it's no surprise he didn't take it well. But considering he did end up going to AK and earning respect from many, I think it was only fair for someone to give the guy a heads up instead of having this carry on longer.

Nice selective quoting there, spook. As I said, it's no surprise he didn't take it well. But considering he did end up going to AK and earning respect from many, I think it was only fair for someone to give the guy a heads up instead of having this carry on longer.
    Well at least the GSA's rich enough to get a loan for his house extension.
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman50 View Post
    Well at least the GSA's rich enough to get a loan for his house extension.
    Uh, okay. I'm not the one with "Believe" stickers on my skis.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 05-08-2012 at 12:25 PM.

^^^ Yes, he was informed of his GSA status by Splat, who invited him to the Mammoth Mini. Which I think most of us agree was a good move. I guess it didn't go over so well - not a huge surprise. You'd have to have some pretty thick skin to not get pissed.

Hopefully upon reflection he'll see the humor in it all. How could you not laugh at the snowboarder bowing down asking forgiveness for his single-plank sins?
    Did Splat post about this interaction at all? I assume not? (out of respect of His Holiness)

Yeah, we all had fun at this guy's expense but that alone was not reason enough to exclude him from an invite to meet some mags and understand that he could have friends worldwide to hang with and enjoy the comaraderie that has defined the maggot experience. He might have thought that he would continue to be the butt of the joke but that was certainly never the intent. It's always been an open arms policy around here for newcomers who weather the hazing and I just wanted to express that acceptance to someone who might have felt insulted, dejected or alienated by what went down. It's not the first time I've extended a welcoming hand only to get bit and probably won't be the last. I got no problem with that. And the offer still stands.

Splat, how did you track down GSA?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Yeah, we all had fun at this guy's expense but that alone was not reason enough to exclude him from an invite to meet some mags and understand that he could have friends worldwide to hang with and enjoy the comaraderie that has defined the maggot experience. He might have thought that he would continue to be the butt of the joke but that was certainly never the intent. It's always been an open arms policy around here for newcomers who weather the hazing and I just wanted to express that acceptance to someone who might have felt insulted, dejected or alienated by what went down. It's not the first time I've extended a welcoming hand only to get bit and probably won't be the last. I got no problem with that. And the offer still stands.
    If you were really serious you should have offered to sponsor him and given him some carbon Bro's for free. PMgear sponsored athlete!!!
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Splat deserves an A for effort!

As for the GSA turning down his generous offer to enjoy some maggot camaraderie; the gape is strong with this one. I just hope his lawyers don't go all "battle mode" on the moderators.

Is it too late to hang the whole affair on AZ Greg?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Splat deserves an A for effort!

As for the GSA turning down his generous offer to enjoy some maggot camaraderie; the gape is strong with this one. I just hope his lawyers don't go all "battle mode" on the moderators.

Is it too late to hang the whole affair on AZ Greg?
    Someone more litigiously-oriented can comment, but I don't think there's any liability here*. Did we ever discern why the thread went away in the first place?

* I disclaim any and all responsibility regarding any legal, ethical, spiritual or emotional advice or counsel given or received, past, present and/or future.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Someone more litigiously-oriented can comment, but I don't think there's any liability here*. Did we ever discern why the thread went away in the first place?

* I disclaim any and all responsibility regarding any legal, ethical, spiritual or emotional advice or counsel given or received, past, present and/or future.
    I deleted it after talking with Pat. There was talk of legal action and felt it would be best to delete it and let it blow over. I couldn't think of one thing illegal that happened, but alas the GSA's resources are vast and mine are not.

spook Guest
    really? you think "no surprise he didn't take it well" negates the brainiacism of "Which I think most of us agree was a good move"

it's true. brainiacs abound.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    except he wasn't a newcomer on his own now was he. you guys crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    really? you think "no surprise he didn't take it well" negates the brainiacism of "Which I think most of us agree was a good move"

it's true. brainiacs abound.
    As in, the whole thing had clearly run its course, so why not? He was going to come across it eventually, better to hear it from a maggot. Not sure what's so difficult about this for you to grasp.