Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2685
    I wasn't going to post in this thread, but now that spook's making it sound like telemarktips, I feel that I belong.

The GSA is dead. Long live the GSA.

I spread the gospel of the almighty GSA last weekend at the local hill. Hopefully the GSA rewards me with some snow the coming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesliva View Post
    I wasn't going to post in this thread, but now that spook's making it sound like telemarktips, I feel that I belong.

The GSA is dead. Long live the GSA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Presentation1-2.jpg 
Views:	921 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	114239

Someone for spook to play with?

The GSA is dead.[/QUOTE]

What?
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Clearly a higher power was at work when all these items came in to my possession at the same time.

Training for Alpental

That is perfect

Tim Thomas Believes...

And a special hoodie for Spook:

I will buy this for Spook if the Bruins win again.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Clearly a higher power was at work when all these items came in to my possession at the same time.
    that is fucking sick.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

The GSA is not on telemark skis he cannot be that good. What is the big deal?

Oh no. Did I get trolled by already goNORrhea?

i consider myself an agnostic but i came across this photo from 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    i consider myself an agnostic but i came across this photo from 2007.
    2007 = 5BGSA

The prophecy shall be fulfilled...

Thank you brother superstator and let Spook know I have a couple extra if she wants some. HA-ha
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDouche View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Presentation1-2.jpg 
Views:	921 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	114239

Someone for spook to play with?
    Stop posting pictures of me!
    I am the best skier here and
    that is why telemarktips keeps
    banding me from that forum.
    I'm that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    An excerpt from the book of Clownshoe.

He was very competent on the cat track. He was able to pass several other skiers as if they were standing still.

Oh wait, they were standing still.

I'm not a qualified ski instructor, but I believe I did detect a slight bit of counter rotation. I believe this is His way of showing He understands the frailties of our mortal coil.

These are words from the book of Clownshoe.

Praise be to the GSA.
    Had to repost my favorite verse of the book of Clownshoe. On a side not I fought like hell to put believe stickers on chair 2 at Alpental this weekend. I am a jong when it comes to stickering lift towers. I could not reach. Any tips

Tried that but it didn't seem to stick. Next time I thought of scotch tape lightly taped to the pole handle.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Tried that but it didn't seem to stick. Next time I thought of scotch tape lightly taped to the pole handle.
    you are a proper gaper. the next sticker will be you falling from the lift trying to apply a sticker. sold to other idolaters to contribute to your medical expenses and a first class round trip ticket so your idol can come visit you and share his hope that you walk again.

by the way, is there something comparable to the darwin awards but ski/snowboard specific?

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    by the way, is there something comparable to the darwin awards but ski/snowboard specific?
    Yup. We call it "Spooking" yourself.

In the name of the Harness, the Dos GoPros, and the uppointed toe, GSAmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    Yup. We call it "Spooking" yourself.

In the name of the Harness, the Dos GoPros, and the uppointed toe, GSAmen.
    excellent! the very idea of naming an award to commemorate idiots who die being idiots after someone still alive is such profound gsa reasoning that you surely must be a member of the intelligentsia. therefore, i think the duty falls upon you to not only name the award but design it. i was thinking, why reinvent the wheel, since there is at least one blueprint that is quite close to gsa imagery, tweaking the color scheme a bit of course:

oops!

i meant this one:

Last edited by spook; 04-17-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    excellent! the very idea of naming an award to commemorate idiots who die being idiots after someone still alive is such profound gsa reasoning that you surely must be a member of the intelligentsia.
    As sparkling as someone alive naming themself after something dead perhaps?..

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Board View Post
    As sparkling as someone alive naming themself after something dead perhaps?..
    i can see i started too low on the totem pole of gsa intelligentsia. you are clearly more worthy.

Aside from the original sighting of the GSA at the tram and on the stair-stepper, the best thing in this thread is spook making lots of poseurs uncomfortable.

Remember, neo-Maggots: the InterToobz is reality and meatspace is artificial.

I'm not afraid of no ghost. I bet half of the Frenchy poseurs posting in this forum could out ski the GSA. That guy is a tool.

Hi, vdRONdripper! Calling someone you never even met a "TOOL" is truly juvenile, clearly crossing the line of decency, and I am asking you to stop and think about how adolescent and insipid that statement was. Until you are ready to post photos and videos of YOURSELF snowriding, you should keep such comments to yourself. You have no idea who can ski better than who here, we are ALL united by the love of the sport. This thread shows an incredible lack of maturity, making so much fun of someone who clearly is infatuated with the pastime we all love and cherish is really an embarrassment to TGR. The stalking, ridicule, and juvenile seventh-grader sniping has clearly crossed the line and I am asking you all to stand back and take a look at how childish this all is. SPOOK is the only one who dares speak the truth, and should receive a commendation for that.
    I also would like to take this opportunity to formally invite all reading this to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    the best thing in this thread is spook making lots of poseurs uncomfortable
    I think you'll find that that's spelled 'praisers contemptful'..