Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2685
    ^ Perfect form! The spirit is strong with you Bottleman. Believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Board View Post
    Amazing what you can learn to do when awake at 3am..

Attachment 113659

done, done ... done, done ... done, done ...
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by biff chalupa View Post
    ^ Perfect form! The spirit is strong with you Bottleman. Believe.
    I believe, oh yes, I believe...

I keep looking for GSA stickers to grace the local lift towers...unfortunately none have been blessed

I too hope that my local hill Fernie will some day be blessed by the almighty GSA and his dos GoPros. Believe.

Sadly, it appears the GSA will only attend the ski areas most greatly publicized in the resort/luxury communities as "the place to be", coupling "extreme" terrain for walking in his hallowed boots with fine dining and an appropriate reputation as to be shared with minor deities.
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums

I believe the GSA is self-aware, and TGR-aware, for it seems that he was so pleased by my rendering of his first appearance on Earth that he has blessed me and my community with 32cm of the holy powder.. the storm starting not 4 hours after I finished my labours.. Mere coincidence?.. I think not.. Thank you GSA - I am not worthy..

Believe and snow shall follow..

Quote Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
    how about a ban on whiny bitches?
    this vid has a very pertinent and clear connection to the Hallowed One, if you can't see it, you probably don't have enough GoPros
    When two guys ski a close-out line and then chute off a huge cliff, leaving a massive avalanche in their wake, that's pretty much the exact opposite of being a gaper. That's why their go-pro footage went viral last year and even got featured on ESPN. Point being, when you're doing something like that, having two go-pros up top makes perfect sense. If I did that I probably would have had more cameras. Hardly the same as skiing down an intermediate run at Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ... would have had more cameras. Hardly the same as skiing down an intermediate run at Whistler.
    What about the torturous hike? Do not belittle the GSA's efforts on behalf of bringing powder and stoke to the masses.

BELIEVE

Quote Originally Posted by drdevon View Post
    What about the torturous hike? Do not belittle the GSA's efforts on behalf of bringing powder and stoke to the masses.

BELIEVE
    Oh, I believe in the GSA's mythical storm powers and his climb up the mountain in Whistler was of biblical proportions. Was just trying to make a point about the other video being out of place in this holiest of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Oh, I believe in the GSA's mythical storm powers and his climb up the mountain in Whistler was of biblical proportions. Was just trying to make a point about the other video being out of place in this holiest of threads.
    OR, it's out of place since we all watched it last year BEFORE it was splattered all over network television in a GaPer commercial. It's a nice retread, but in the name of the Harness, the Dos GoPros, and the Holy Spirit it doesn't belong.

If you Believe it, He will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Cast off the shoes! Follow the gourd!

The GSA certainly did bless me after training last Saturday.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-amp-4-1-2012)

I BELIEVE.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I actually saw the GSA in my restaurant in PC back around new years time. He was wearing the double gopros and a beacon inside during the meal.

It occurs to me that if pronounced as a word "GSA" may result in the confusion with this gentleman
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gza.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	113797

I therefore submit that if you are worshiping this prophet of Ullr G-S-A must be used as opposed to using allision and creating a pronunciation. What I'm saying here is that G.S.A. must remain an initialism not an acronym.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

While waiting for my lunch today, I realized quite surprisingly, that my thumb was hooked in my jeans pocket and my left toes were pointed skyward.

In my moment of true enlightenment, I stanced.

did Ullr send the GSA to die for our sins?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Whoa, heavy AKPM! Now you are getting somewhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-04-06 at 8.11.44 PM.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	552.8 KB 
ID:	113829

BLASPHEME!!!!!
    "The top of the mountain is just the start of the journey." - favorite mentor in skiing and life

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    did Ullr send the GSA to die for our sins?
    If this is true, is AZ Greg to hang the son of Ullr upon the cross??? ...or would it be a non-believer from Gapic?
    Last edited by tillPOWdidwepart; 04-06-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    I can't remember...

spook Guest
    66 pages demonstrating the colonization of the mind by idiotic mass media. a typical snl skit in organic slow motion. unfunny, unoriginal, mean-spirited and juvenile at the start, few moments worth an honest giggle (the gaping boarder on his knees before the monolith, i concede) and redundant ad nauseam. i can't wait to see the stupid stickers on the towers at meadows.

hopefully, somebody is putting you on and then it will be sort of funny. probably still not funny haha, but the bar is low. maybe you're market research subjects and have inadvertently created the next campaign and then all those stickers will be advertising.

then you could go buy shitty gsa outwear made in china by child slave labor. of course, gsa himself would get a huge cut for use of his likeness, and you'd make him even more money than he clearly already must have. that would be sort of funny haha i guess.

and of course, somebody will copy and bind all the mindnumbingly repetitive biblical writing and then you can buy a waterproof pocket version and carry it in your gsa outerwear breast pocket at all times and pull it out on the chairlift and show it to people and say "look what i made!!!" and laugh at them when they look at you like an idiot because that's what skiing and snowboarding is all about.

gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyper dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyper dayyyyy!!!

woohooo!

Quote Originally Posted by mashed_penguin View Post
    I humbly submit the distilled essence of the GSA's raiment, as seen from behind, for who can truly claim to be ahead of the GSA.

Spook
    How can you diss this?

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    unfunny, unoriginal, mean-spirited and juvenile at the start, few moments worth an honest giggle (the gaping boarder on his knees before the monolith, i concede) and
    Not at all. It's a plenty original take on a universal theme. If you can't giggle at it, in all its overeager, showboating, missing-the-point-of-the-sport glory, there is something the matter with you, not with the rest of us.

I acknowledge I improve every year, and have some to go before I put myself out there on film much ... but surely the mixed message of this guy's shirts, his antics on the climbing machine at a gym in midtown, and his desperate imitation of all the ingenuine things about "extreme" skiing (harness? really?) are more than a bit funny. In the end, man is a social creature (and no one who comes repeatedly to this board can deny that about themselves, including you, spook) and that means both enjoying jokes and occasionally being the butt of them.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    66 pages demonstrating the colonization of the mind by idiotic mass media. a typical snl skit in organic slow motion. unfunny, unoriginal, mean-spirited and juvenile at the start, few moments worth an honest giggle (the gaping boarder on his knees before the monolith, i concede) and redundant ad nauseam. i can't wait to see the stupid stickers on the towers at meadows.

hopefully, somebody is putting you on and then it will be sort of funny. probably still not funny haha, but the bar is low. maybe you're market research subjects and have inadvertently created the next campaign and then all those stickers will be advertising.

then you could go buy shitty gsa outwear made in china by child slave labor. of course, gsa himself would get a huge cut for use of his likeness, and you'd make him even more money than he clearly already must have. that would be sort of funny haha i guess.

and of course, somebody will copy and bind all the mindnumbingly repetitive biblical writing and then you can buy a waterproof pocket version and carry it in your gsa outerwear breast pocket at all times and pull it out on the chairlift and show it to people and say "look what i made!!!" and laugh at them when they look at you like an idiot because that's what skiing and snowboarding is all about.

gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyper dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyper dayyyyy!!!

woohooo!
    "..and they beheld the antiGSA, that he did lead their souls down to eternal high pressures of hell..."

spook Guest
    Not at all. It's a plenty original take on a universal theme. If you can't giggle at it, in all its overeager, showboating, missing-the-point-of-the-sport glory, there is something the matter with you, not with the rest of us.
    it's not either/or.

I acknowledge I improve every year, and have some to go before I put myself out there on film much ... but surely the mixed message of this guy's shirts, his antics on the climbing machine at a gym in midtown, and his desperate imitation of all the ingenuine things about "extreme" skiing (harness? really?) are more than a bit funny. In the end, man is a social creature (and no one who comes repeatedly to this board can deny that about themselves, including you, spook) and that means both enjoying jokes and occasionally being the butt of them.
    why would you care about being a certain level of proficiency before putting yourself on film? is somebody going to take you more seriously? it's still a homemade vid of you doing something you love, regardless of what it looks like to "experts." most people are gapers to somebody else in one form or another. i certainly won't defend some wall street whore for his own sake, but i doubt there is a ridicule prerequisite to being a social creature. i have been the butt of more jokes than i can remember. you're right. it's not a big deal. but this is a little beyond making someone the butt of a joke and honestly the thread is as much the butt of a joke as he is.

he may look like a dumbshit, but the fact of the matter is he apparently said he was going to do something and he went and did it.