East Coast Spring

Looking to do a week long camping / day paddle tour through the southern part of the East coast. Any suggestions for easy rivers? The trip will be the week leading in to St. Patts so hopefully it'll warm up a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using TGR Forums

How "easy"?

Edit: (nm, looks like you got what you needed on BT)

Sent from my DROID Pro using TGR Forums
    Last edited by ridinshockgun; 02-23-2012 at 02:29 PM.

What's the BT

Sent from my SCH-I510 using TGR Forums

Check out Americanwhitewater.org
    Should have everything you need.
    Im from just north of DC, so anything within 3 hours of there I can help you out. PM if you have more questions.

Hi fishers! I'm new here but also enjoy kayaking. I'd like to go to the East Coast this year..could you tell me what places are dangerous for not presenting there?

if you down for heading up north on the east coast, the saco river is mad chill, lots of parties going on too

BT is Boatertalk. Is a kayaking forum, with an east coast bias...and more southeast at that.

Yeah, what do you mean by easy? You can hit any number of class II-IV rivers in W. NC and E TN. Look at the Bryson City area of NC. Youve got the Nantahala, Tuckaseegee, which are class 2 with a few 3s thrown in. Those are both controlled release rivers, so your sure to have water. If it rains your number of options go way up. But so does the difficulty.

The Pigeon releases twice a week, the Ocoee is about an hour and a half from Bryson City. Etc and so on...