Thread: inflatable SUP

inflatable SUP

Been looking at getting a Stand Up Paddle board for a while to use on the local lake and rivers.
    Found some that are inflatable and people even run rapids on them.

does anyone know if they are worth the investment. seem like a lot of fun and i like the idea of not taking up 12 feet in my garage.

PM Rontele he is the local expert on SUP
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

I have used both. One of my buddies bought a C4 inflatable sup. It is ok at best. If the water is really calm they are ok. If there is any chop in the water or windy, they stink. Lots of nose slap and chatter. After you get it pumped up the board is pretty firm. There will be a little bow in the board when you stand on it. Your weight will really determine how much it bows in the middle. After we rode the inflatable for while, we each bought C4 10-6" Classics. Night and day differnece. The inflatable never gets used anymore. The 10-6 is a little wobblie at first but it just takes a little to get used to. I only use it on lakes. If I had to buy another board, I'd probably get a 11-0 or a 11-6. The extra length and volume would make the board a bit more stable. Go with a hard board and put up with the hassle of moving it around. You will be way more satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    I have used both. One of my buddies bought a C4 inflatable sup. It is ok at best. If the water is really calm they are ok. If there is any chop in the water or windy, they stink. Lots of nose slap and chatter. After you get it pumped up the board is pretty firm. There will be a little bow in the board when you stand on it. Your weight will really determine how much it bows in the middle. After we rode the inflatable for while, we each bought C4 10-6" Classics. Night and day differnece. The inflatable never gets used anymore. The 10-6 is a little wobblie at first but it just takes a little to get used to. I only use it on lakes. If I had to buy another board, I'd probably get a 11-0 or a 11-6. The extra length and volume would make the board a bit more stable. Go with a hard board and put up with the hassle of moving it around. You will be way more satisfied.
    Thanks for the info.
    I actually just bought an inflatable from another company. It is a 12 ft so maybe that will help with stability. I'll keep you posted. I think the hard boards will be better for lakes, I'm actually thinking about doing more rivers than flat water. So we'll see how it goes I'll keep you posted.

If anyone else has any input feel free to let me know.

any update?
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."