Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stoked on a line you've been working on? Post it here!

So there's this line you've been trying to piece together for a while now and you finally were able to line it all up. Are you stoked? Well I sure as fuck am, even if it isn't up there with the greats. I'm sure there are others out there who finally laid it down, too, so share your stoke and excitement here, and post up that line that finally came together, big or small, recently, or long ago!
    Last edited by Lindahl; 02-20-2012 at 04:52 PM.

I'll start this thread off with: I've been trying to find a clean line through a couple of heavily tree'd cliff bands since last year. Two weekends ago, I finally found one, and last weekend, we got out and I was able to send it. I can't wait to have another go at it, and send it faster and cleaner, but for now, it felt SOOO good to get after the whole zone in one run.

k, i'll play.

my line: "so is this love at 1st sight or should i ski by again?

rog

you need a better a definition of "line."

and who skis on icelantics? i thought those were the suk.
    Ski more blog less - Foggy Goggles

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    k, i'll play.

my line: "so is this love at 1st sight or should i ski by again?

rog

Attachment 110643
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I'd hit IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Ski more blog less - Foggy Goggles

That looks damn fun. Seems like you skied it pretty clean the first time.

Can you say where it is? I won't tell anyone.

Lindahl, that is a sick line. I think I might know about where it is and I never thought there would be a doable line through it, tons of trees. Nice work.

Here is a POV of one that finally came together for me last year and pic of a first descent I've been looking at for a bit right next to the first one, but haven't ridden.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	110651

Here's a line I haven't yet skied but am hoping I'll knock this off this season!!

Mine was out the gates at Vail.

Sick line Scree. That looks steep as fuck. How steep did it get?

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    I'll play. This is a vid capture from skiing Crazy Ivan's at Breck over the weekend (the ridgeline between Zoot and Ivan's). Found an angled exit in the middle to the skier's left leading into the apron that was nearly waist-deep. Took a couple warmup laps before manning up.
    Nice, but you should post the whole vid.

Been looking at the closeout chute before Snow White with the 25-35'er at the end. Have you poked at the LZ out there yet? Gotta be in WP next weekend, but its been on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Nice, but you should post the whole vid.

Been looking at the closeout chute before Snow White with the 25-35'er at the end. Have you poked at the LZ out there yet? Gotta be in WP next weekend, but its been on my mind.
    Working on the edit. Haven't check out the Snow White area just yet or probed any landings. Was hoping to hit the triple off Zero Chute on Sunday but all the snow on it was blown away.

Oh man, I've got about a dozen or so lines I've been working on that I'm stoked about... I'll have to compile some photos, as this is pretty much what I spend my whole summer doing these days. Nice thread though!

Also, what the hell are people posting coolie pics for? You didn't chisel that shit out, therefore it's not a line you made at all. I get that you're stoked, but that's not even close to what the OP is talking about. I might be missing something, but I feel like they don't really belong. I dunno, whatever.

Anyways, here's a video about one such run though to get you started, like I said I'll put together some pics of some of the other hucks and such, Lindahl you'll definitely appreciate the sheer volume at the very least. The volunteer ops guys and girls at Magic have really been working their asses off for the past few years.

Skip to 1:15ish to avoid the talking, but this line is around ~1k vert for reference, tight as a virgin in church and steeeeeeeeep. Now if we could just get some snow!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Also, what the hell are people posting coolie pics for? You didn't chisel that shit out, therefore it's not a line you made at all. I get that you're stoked, but that's not even close to what the OP is talking about. I might be missing something, but I feel like they don't really belong. I dunno, whatever.
    I took "working on" to mean "figuring out how to do" so all the other posts made sense to me, but when this thread was posted, my first thought was to the line you reference with the though "boy I wish it would snow could post that." I'm almost even more excited for another of the lines in that zone that lacks as visually interesting a cliff hit but has a nicer consistent pitch.

If only there was snow...

That's a sick line Lindahl.

The fact that I shoot alot of POV with my GoPro makes it easy for me to appreciate how sick that was.

Not going to lie though, I feel like I know almost every Vail sidecountry line I see on youtube. Not sure where that one is. Sneaky.

Pretty nice poke Lindahl

Well not a very extended line, but the one at :30. I have been trying to do this cleanly for a few years now. Usually I creep down to the lower ledge, but the straightline I did on it this weekend was a step up. Too bad I couldn't pull off a stomp. The landing zone is always plush. work i progress.

Yeah bro, I finally scored that free parking spot at Vail I've been waiting to get all season. It allows me to take "switch to the road" to the next level. Now, it's "switch to the car".

Nawadimean?

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    i'm pretty sure you've completely missed the point. i don't think lindahl stacked up those rocks that he jumped off, or thinned trees to ski through.
    Live To Ski!

Quote Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post
    i'm pretty sure you've completely missed the point. i don't think lindahl stacked up those rocks that he jumped off, or thinned trees to ski through.
    Yeah, DoWork is thinking more East Coast terms.

See "Out West" we can't really go around chopping up the forest to literally create our "own" lines, nor do we need to.

last year we got this one...

Name:	284_201005172257431.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	110707

and I thought we'd be getting many more this year but with stability as shitty as its been its pretty grim

Yeah, klauss! Way to step it up man. That's what I'm talking about. Something you've tried a few different ways, and just quite haven't put it together yet, and then snap, you step it up and take it down. Stomp that landing next time!

Sweet line, telepow. Did you have to bootpack up that monster? I need to get down to your side of CO sometime, show a fella around?

Naw, you can skin around back when stability is good. I'll defnitely show you around but the uppers are sketch right now, hopefully it will settle out by the end of the season

telepow, that has got to be one of the more aesthetic couloirs I've seen. Jealous, nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by telepow View Post
    last year we got this one...

Name:	284_201005172257431.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	110707
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post

Ah, my bad. I'm a fucking idiot.

I thought he meant he took the deadfall, brush etc out of there to make it skiable. I'll just go sit down over here now--------->
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community