Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RIP Jim Jack

SO crushed. I'll miss you Jim Jack.
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

oh man, jim jack, you will be missed greatly.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

RIP Jim. We will miss you tremendously.

Thanks for touching our lives and contributing so much to the sport we all love.
    bumps are for poor people

wow ... so freaking sad. Jim's departure leaves a pretty big hole. He will be achingly missed.
    -j
    On first

I was super devestated to hear this news. Our party saw 2 Choppers hovering over Stevens yesterday around 2:30 and feared the worst, hope for the best. I was lucky enough to share many turns with JJ and not seeing his face around stevens will be very strange. I hope we as a ski community can remember this awesome man and continue his good work for the free ride tour. ++ Vibes to his family, really bummed about this.
    Just ski down there and jump off something for crying out loud!

http://www.evo.com - http://www.nwac.us/

What a tragedy. I had the privilege of knowing Jim Jack. He was a good man who always had time and a smile for everyone. He will be sorely missed.

Jim Jack, I am crushed. I will miss you. A lot of people will miss you. Vibes to Tiff. This is so hard to accept.
    "Sometimes nuthin' is a real cool hand"

This sucks. ++++++vibes to family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Boz View Post
    I'll never forget his inspirational and long but highly entertaining speeches at all those athlete meetings. A lot of people really listened and looked-up to him, including me.
    ^I didn't know him well, but this is how I'll remember him as well.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by always wright View Post
    What a tragedy. I had the privilege of knowing Jim Jack. He was a good man who always had time and a smile for everyone. He will be sorely missed.
    well said, Sam. Went out skiing today with Athan, Dave and Max and had a few good Blackcomb laps to remember JJ by. I still can't beleive it.

I didn't know Jim but his sister is a dear friend of mine. I am devastated by her loss.

I will forever remember him as the most calming starter of any contest. Let ski together a long tome in the future my bearded man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm the most extreme skier in my office. I'll see your III and raise you one level of radness.

Jim Jack, it was always a pleasure running into you at Stevens- and then later on the road at various venues and far off places. Still remember that huge smile and contagious energy. We had some great turns on a big powder day off the Ridge at Stevens a few years ago - you were media guiding some folks with Rudolph and Zbo and I were doing the usual road lappage, all of us covered in pow.

You were One of the Best, most influential people in the sport. Been raising many a glass for you, Chris, and the others the past day. tears of whiskey were flowing in jackson and around the ski world. miss ya already.

Quote Originally Posted by skajah View Post
    I am looking for someone who might have a photo of Jim in action that I can use to put something together for my friend Jodi, Jim's sister. If someone has something or could steer my in the right direction, I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks
    This is a great starthttp://icicle.tv/Video/Sport/Mission...atchee-Wa.html
    It wasn't the best day but I ran into Jim a couple times out in Microwave and he was totally stoked as usual.

Sorry I guess you wanted a picture.

There are a ton of photos on Jim's facebook page, it's public.
    Last edited by AaronWright; 02-21-2012 at 10:50 AM.

The last time I saw Jim, we had breakfast at the Kirkwood Inn after the comp there. Don't remember if it was last year or the year before. But it was one of those laugh your ass off, have a beer after breakfast, reminiscing about so many people in the sport, hug upon leaving to go our separate ways starts to the day that, now, I still see him there at the bar. And I miss his energy greatly.

I remember the athlete meeting at Alyeska after John Nicoletta died on the course. The words that Jim and Dak had to say that day were some of the most consoling and inspirational words anyone could have ever come up with, given the circumstances. They brought home so much of what the love for skiing and life in general is all about and really emphasized the brotherhood that exists amongst skiers who risk and live and sometimes die doing it. It was a fitting moment of mourning followed by a pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps-and-go-forward eulogy that ended with a scream shared by everyone there that cemented the determination that we all, as skiers, would honor ourselves and each other by continuing the tradition of skiing in the memory of those who had fallen. My next run will be for Jim Jack and the other brothers who have left us to carry on.

VIBES to famly and friends....what a shame .. stay safe out there poeple.
    always forward but never straight

Had the pleasure of spending a days skiing in his company, an inspirational and rock solid man full of positive stoke for the mountains.

RIP Jim

Sad.

RIP
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Did not know him but the genuine sorrow for his loss is felt by many.

Condolences to family and friends.

ski on
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    The last time I saw Jim, we had breakfast at the Kirkwood Inn after the comp there. Don't remember if it was last year or the year before. But it was one of those laugh your ass off, have a beer after breakfast, reminiscing about so many people in the sport, hug upon leaving to go our separate ways starts to the day that, now, I still see him there at the bar. And I miss his energy greatly.

I remember the athlete meeting at Alyeska after John Nicoletta died on the course. The words that Jim and Dak had to say that day were some of the most consoling and inspirational words anyone could have ever come up with, given the circumstances. They brought home so much of what the love for skiing and life in general is all about and really emphasized the brotherhood that exists amongst skiers who risk and live and sometimes die doing it. It was a fitting moment of mourning followed by a pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps-and-go-forward eulogy that ended with a scream shared by everyone there that cemented the determination that we all, as skiers, would honor ourselves and each other by continuing the tradition of skiing in the memory of those who had fallen. My next run will be for Jim Jack and the other brothers who have left us to carry on.
    here here.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

BTW, I'm in Utah for a couple of days with the family. We'll be skiing BCC tomorrow and Thursday before heading home for more kid skiing events. If anyone wants to raise a glass or make some turns in his honor, feel free to get in touch and we'll figure it out.

hopefully mayor Jack and captain Jack are sharing a bottle of Jack somewhere out there...

Remembrance and Celebration of the lives of our good friends will begin @ 6pm today at the Leavenworth Ski Hill with a torchlight parade, bring a headlamp! Whether you knew any of these incredible people or not I would urge anyone with means to come to the Leavenworth/Stevens Pass area this week/weekend to help us remember our friends. The community could use every available reinforcement. We have some very big shoes to fill...