Thread: RIP Jim Jack

RIP Jim Jack

This man deserves his own thread

RIP Jim

Go ski with Hawks and crew, brother
    Live

RIP brother. We will miss you

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

RIP Jim Jack, freeskiing will greatly miss your energy.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Fuck!!!! Condolences to his family and friends!

RIP Jim Jack, really nice guy, very sad to hear about this. My condolences to his friends and family.

Jim was the one who told me to keep going in the freeskiing world. He has put so much time into making the sport what it is today. You will always be remembered Jim Jack. Thank You
    Bonfire Films

this sucks

Wow folks. Jim Jack has given advice to almost every skier in the game. Everyone looks up to him as mentor, wise elder, and guiding light on the freeski tour. He wil be deeply missed. Chris Rudolph was another amazingly cool and fun person. I honestly don't know if I can visit Leavenworth without them there. It just does not seem right. Rudolph was the marketing director and had a lot to do with the mountain biking scene up there. I have not checked it out, but he was very proud of it. Damn boys. The world is a lesser place as of today. You both were huge contributors and givers of life. We all got some slack to pick up now and it will be impossible to do what you guys did for this world even close, but we owe it to you to try. Also, RIP Jonny. I did not know him, but if he was running with this crowd he was surely a damn good person.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Yes. Amazing people and the world is a lesser place. Holy fuck. I can't believe this. Prayers, vibes, thoughts, chants, everything, sent out to everyone in Leavenworth...I wish I was there to give and get a hug.

from my portable electric typewriter

OH man, terrible. Jim Norm Jack, such a nice guy and such a champion of the sport. I thought he would be around forever. I'll never forget his inspirational and long but highly entertaining speeches at all those athlete meetings. A lot of people really listened and looked-up to him, including me.
    The commander of time

RIP. A true ambassador and a giver of wisdom. Can't believe it.

Here's a recap from one of the parties involved. Our condolences to all the victims friends and family.

http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiing...ss-kills-three

Damn. Thanks for living amongst us, Jim Jack.
    The greatest of rock solid men, champion of skiers, chief and godfather of the freeski tribe.
    I'm pouring one out for ya, buddy.

RIP Mayor... so sad.

RIP. Never met the man, but judging the reactions of friends in common skiing lost something important today. This season in the continental US just needs to end.

Looks like a memorial is planned for tomorrow after skiing at the top of Snowbird, no pass/ticket required.

I'll never forget trading shots at the McCarren airport after SIA with Jim Jack.

RIP my friend

RIP very sad to her.
    Stay safe out their guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

From back in the day when I competed against him, to recently when I judged comps with him, Jim Norm Jack deserved even more than three first names. He was that awesome!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Jack from my old days of the extremes and Chris from Stevens hooking us up over the past years....prayers to all friends and family.

So sad to hear this news. I was 'judged' by Jack more then a few times over the years.
    I edited this little piece back in 09 after the Rossland Comp.
    Between Jim, Jeff H., the Captain and good ol Gary Commozzi, I think they about summed it up.

Jim comes in at 6:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdSKK...9&feature=plcp

JJ gave so much more to skiing than I could ever hope to do. Just an awesome, great guy. Fuck.

Shit. RIP Jim. You were a standup guy and will be missed. I know you inspired me, and countless others. This doesn't even seem real.

This sucks beyond words. Vibes to everyone, so sorry for this enormous loss to the ski community. I hope Elyse and the other survivor are not injured.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Is it just me or is this season carrying some intangible and ominous weight that belies the measure of snowfall in inches or meters?

Condolences for everyone affected by this tragedy.
    Be careful out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.