NAHBS - worth going?

The North American Handmade Bicycle Show (NAHBS) is in Sacramento, CA, on March 3-4 -- fairly close to me, and assuming Tahoe continues to get no snow, I'm considering going.

Worthwhile?

http://2012.handmadebicycleshow.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

It's worth going if you want to go drool over hand made steel bikes.

I am looking forward to seeing Sam of Naked Cycles is doing this year. Instead of his usual over the top show bike he is building a bike to ride to the show and display.

Always some amazing outside the box thinking on some of the bikes.

I think it's worth it. Lots of amazing custom handmade steel, titanium and carbon road and mountain bikes.

Come on down and hit the show, and then bring your road bike or mountain bike and hit up a ride on your way back (Auburn has been riding amazing all winter).

If you go, swing by the Independent Fabrication booth and say hello. I'll be working with them in their exhibit booth one of the days (most likely that Saturday...not 100% sure yet).
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

I bet the hipster to normal human ratio there will be off the charts. It'll be like Portland times a bazillion. Don't forget to pack your ironic mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I bet the hipster to normal human ratio there will be off the charts. It'll be like Portland times a bazillion. Don't forget to pack your ironic mustache.
    In Sacramento? I didn't think it was that bad here (although I don't exactly live in Sacto...I'm close enough)
    One Gear, Two Planks

HUZZAH!

just found out that my own personal bike will also be featured and on display in Indy Fab's exhibit booth at NAHBS alongside their show bikes! They basically want the world to see that not only can they build these super sweet 'show' project bikes, but that their stuff is also meant to be ridden and raced hard as well. (took a 2nd place in Pro Open class on it set up as a SS in a local race this past weekend -> http://onegeartwoplanks.wordpress.co...allenge-21912/)

Stoked! I'll definitely be in their booth on Saturday, possibly Sunday as well.
    One Gear, Two Planks

That is pretty sweet they are going to have your bike in the booth.

yeah I'm stoked...totally surprised by that. I already chinked up their paint pretty good in couple spots from a crash or two, and they didn't care. Told me not to even bother cleaning it (that will be hard to resist though!)
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    yeah I'm stoked...totally surprised by that. I already chinked up their paint pretty good in couple spots from a crash or two, and they didn't care. Told me not to even bother cleaning it (that will be hard to resist though!)
    Dirt gives cred yo!

You have to sit on a trainer and spin it out during the show? Wear whatever medals you have around your neck. Scowl a lot. Bark at children.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

You have to sit on a trainer and spin it out during the show? Wear whatever medals you have around your neck. Scowl a lot. Bark at children.
    didn't sit in on a trainer, but I scowled at children anyway. and my bike wore whatever medals I won on it. My bike got mad press coverage yo! ;-)
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gallery/art...rticle%2Fimage
    One Gear, Two Planks

holy crap that orange bike is purdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    didn't sit in on a trainer, but I scowled at children anyway. and my bike wore whatever medals I won on it. My bike got mad press coverage yo! ;-)
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gallery/art...rticle%2Fimage
    Hell yeah, you's famous n' shit. Did you sit there all weekend discussing the bike with people and just interject "so that's what you get with one of these orders.........I mean you won't ride it as fast as I do but you know, at least you get the bike"

That would be awesome.

2013 is in Denver and I'm fucking going. Hipsters be dammed!
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    holy crap that orange bike is purdy.
    This one? It's the owner's (of I.F.) wife's bike
    One Gear, Two Planks