Thread: New VH

New VH

new stuff is smokin', of course i'm pushin 50 though.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    new stuff is smokin', of course i'm pushin 50 though.
    I'm right there with ya Cinnepa. Good to hear Eddie rippin' it up. On the whole, better than I thought it would be, especially after hearing the godawful Tattoo, luckily the worst song on there.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

doughboyshredder Guest
    I'll have to give it a listen. After hearing Tattoo I wrote the whole thing off.

^^^actually that song has grown on me now - once you hear it in CD quality; turned up a bit also.

what songs do you think are the best?

i tried to listen but could not make it thru the first 30 seconds of any song. gave up after 6 or so.

no real faves but i'm just comparing to the last cd they put out (1984) and then the follow up hagar material - just thought in general this cd was on the heavy side, like the older stuff that first came out.

The problem, for me anyway, is that the appeal of the original VH was the young, carefree don't-give-a-shit attitude combined with insane musicianship. The musicianship seems to still be there, but that attitude coming from fifty-year-old men with replacement hips and no hair just doesn't feel the same.

Same reason why GNR couldn't put out an album that came anywhere close to Appetite; once they made some money and were a household name, they couldn't credibly sound like a sleazy gutter metal band anymore (which is what they were originally) and ended up sounding bloated and insincere.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

^^^^well thanks, you just had to be the voice of reason
    my balloon has just popped......yeah, with age comes, well, age. the hagar era which i still liked made some music that lost some of that early edge to it. this new music sort of suprised me.....in a good way.

when dave sounds like this

and eddie sounds like this

get at me

I saw the video and thought, is this an advert for the Walking Dead?

a very biased fan here.....play "stay frosty", turn it up and think vh1 - very ice cream man-ish; yeah, everyones's older, no one makes music like their original albums.....just at face value this new cd took many by suprise....way more positve reviews than negative in the press.

I'm diggin it, and glad they stuck to their old formula for the most part.

Never did get into the Hagar stuff....hell, I could barely get over the synthesizer on 1984 (i was in 8th grade when it came out).

Fair Warning is the one I go back to more often than the rest, it's has a permanent spot on my mp3 player.