Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Are you a moron?
    Are you a twat?

Drools .. well wipe my chin
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Best Mexican Skier from Da South View Post
    Are you a twat?
    Sayeth the 29th Rog alias.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sayeth the 29th Rog alias.
    Que dices, Culero? lol

Just here to bump this thread..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

People who think skiing moguls is cool probably can’t really ski big mountains in the backcountry.

Simply anecdotal, but most strong BC skiers I know don’t enjoy moguls. Some don’t even like resort skiing altogether.

Most mogul enthusiasts i see at the resort are skinny ski enthusiasts that have never been on a skin track.
    Tell that to Mike Hattrup, Glen Plake, Scot Schmidt and many others. They all started (and met through) skiing competitive moguls. But, per your anecdote, have never been on a skin track?? Riiiiiiight.....

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Just here to bump this thread..
    I see what you did there...

Simply anecdotal, but most strong BC skiers I know don’t enjoy moguls. Some don’t even like resort skiing altogether.
    Also anecdotal, but most skiers I've skied with who don't ride lifts have poor technique.

I mostly ski BC. Like skiing moguls too. Nothing dials in my technique better. I'm too old to ski bumps all day though.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    FKNA, luv me some slush bumps, grill and beers in the lot. repeat.
    Can't wait.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Also anecdotal, but most skiers I've skied with who don't ride lifts have poor technique.
    Sayeth someone with a new nom de plume.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    You know, you could actually do both... Truly good skiers can ski virtually anything, have fun and look good doing it. People who think skiing moguls is lame probably can't really ski moguls.....just sayin'.
    "Its not that you can't ski moguls. It's that you can't ski, and the moguls prove it."

^^ Precisely.

^^ Zackly.

I don't seek out bumps these days, but inevitably they I sometimes find them in my way. And between stops to suck wind, I think I probably still look pretty good doing 'em.

Whether it's lame (or more precisely: sucky) or not, to ski moguls, all depends on the particulars. If they are icy, sharp, bumps, with deep troughs...don't enjoy that one bit - just means to an end. OTOH if they are truly soft (pow or slush), I totally enjoy them (but I'll normally still choose other terrain first).

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Drools .. well wipe my chin
    You just drooled all over Eldora. Heh.

Bumps are fun.

Actually, I'm not sure what type of turns on snow are not fun. Haven't found any yet. Also, sometimes not turning is fun too.

Tell that to Mike Hattrup, Glen Plake, Scot Schmidt and many others. They all started (and met through) skiing competitive moguls. But, per your anecdote, have never been on a skin track?? Riiiiiiight.....
    Not talking about Pro’s I don’t know, boy. I’m talking about people that I actually know in Tahoe and Bishop. There even exist people that only do BC and don’t buy resort season passes. They don’t ski moguls, because... Moguls are lame.

Not talking about Pro’s I don’t know, boy. I’m talking about people that I actually know in Tahoe and Bishop. There even exist people that only do BC and don’t buy resort season passes. They don’t ski moguls, because... Moguls are lame.
    And then there are those who...[gasp]...ski both inbounds and back country and maybe, just maybe, ski moguls occasionally. Count me in that group, I like it all. As for moguls being lame, don't blame the moguls, it's the skiers that may be lame. And from your comments, I assume you fall into that category.

"There even exist"...? That is funny. I know a several of those, and they don't ski moguls because...there aren't moguls in the backcountry (ok, it's possible, but...). WTF?

Those guys/gals are excellent skiers, and all can most certainly can rips bumps (they'll occasionaly show up for a like an A-Basin beach party, so not making that up).

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    "Its not that you can't ski moguls. It's that you can't ski, and the moguls prove it."
    And LOL at the people who say I'd be ripping the moguls but I have bad knees that can't take the pounding. If your technique is sound you can ski bumps under control without getting slammed around in them. The rollers at the bottom of the blue train convergences are way harder on my knees than steep bump runs are..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    This is PURE GOLD.

And then there are those who...[gasp]...ski both inbounds and back country and maybe, just maybe, ski moguls occasionally. Count me in that group, I like it all. As for moguls being lame, don't blame the moguls, it's the skiers that may be lame. And from your comments, I assume you fall into that category.
    Funny how grown men will sit here and defend the concept of bumps being “fun,” due to the fact that they’ve attached their supposed skiing “prowess” and ego to skiing bumps. I’m happy for y’all, but your fragile ego is showing.

Bumps are still lame. And many good/excellent skiers agree with me. They are certainly a training tool, but they are still lame compared to skiing steep committing lines in the BC/Resort.

I've said it a thousand times: the second best skiing is soft bumps on a warm, sunny day. Skiing in a T-shirt...beers afterward.

Almost nothing betterer!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Funny how grown men will sit here and defend the concept of bumps being “fun,” due to the fact that they’ve attached their supposed skiing “prowess” and ego to skiing bumps. I’m happy for y’all, but your fragile ego is showing.

Bumps are still lame. And many good/excellent skiers agree with me. They are certainly a training tool, but they are still lame compared to skiing steep committing lines in the BC/Resort.
    You do not ski steep committing lines at the ski hill that have moguls?

“Training tool”? What does that mean? Training for AK?

Quick, fast turns, using the bumps as berms for turns make you feel unnaturally quick and nimble, then you can also use em to pop off of and double up, etc. Just another type of terrain to play around on and have fun with. Sorry you only find fun in limited terrain, you probably don't have as much fun on as many days.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    < snip>
    “Training tool”? What does that mean? Training for AK?
    Yeah. WTF? I ain't ever training when I'm out. I'm just trying to have some fun and maybe get a little better at sliding on snow.

Training... sheesh.