So I have this app working on CM7 just fine, with the following permissions disabled: "Create shortcuts", "Prevent phone from sleeping", "Access SD Card", and "Start at Boot". I'm not sure why the app needed those permissions (except SD Card), but it works just fine without them.

However the one permission that I can't disable is the one that really bothers me the most: "Access phone state and identity information, INCLUDING PHONE NUMBER". When I disable this permission the app just dies at start-up.

Why is TGR gathering this information? Is it going to be sold to some marketing agency? I'm not going to be able to use this app with my regular SIM when I get back home because of it.

Note that I have PMed my phone number to people many times on this board. I also think that most of the TGR crew are really good guys, who would never dream of selling my identity to the Russian Maffia to pay off their hookers and blow bill.

It's that I am being forced to hand over my phone number (with no rational provided) if I want to be able to use this application that's the problem.

Also, how is there not already a 20 page thread on this? This place has gone soft. In the old days people used to freak out at even the slightest hint of Big Brother's ugly mug..

Sent from my MB300 using TGR Forums