Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Denver news lady gets bit by dog on live TV

was doing a story on a dog that fell thru the ice of a pond in Denver and was rescued....then WHAM....dog bites her. She had reconstructive surgery today and is off the air for several weeks to recover...crazy.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

serves her right.... dont stick your face into a dogs face.

stupid move on her part.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Oh man she basically put her face in its mouth.

That's not going to do much about peoples perceptions regarding pit bulls.... no idea if it was one or not, but looks like one, and that's all that counts now a days.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    That's not going to do much about peoples perceptions regarding pit bulls.... no idea if it was one or not, but looks like one, and that's all that counts now a days.
    It is a wild boar hunting dog that is know for being ferocious on the hunt and cuddly with the kids at home, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogo_Argentino

I guess she got a little too close, but, gee, the dog sure seemed to be enjoying itself up to that point. That's a pretty rough reminder to always stay wary of strange animals.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    serves her right.... dont stick your face into a dogs face.
    This

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

The dog was almost killed (drown) the day before, then was on a TV set with lots of lights and people moving around...not to mention it was getting rocked back on it's hind legs slightly.

Just seems like it freaked out and had a little too much excitement to have her all up in it's grillz.

Glad she is ok, but if there is no history of this dog biting you cannot blame it for freaking out for a minute.
    You should have been here yesterday!

In the Greatest Nation on this Amazing Planet
    I would have done the same thing but then done her doggy style !

Dog was fine, enjoying the petting and attention... until she put her face in his. Many "protective" breeds see that as an aggressive move from strangers. She learned the hard way and hope she's OK.

Stupid stupid stupid. Wonder if she has a dog, and if so if it's a lapdog.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    The dog was almost killed (drown) the day before, then was on a TV set with lots of lights and people moving around...not to mention it was getting rocked back on it's hind legs slightly.

Just seems like it freaked out and had a little too much excitement to have her all up in it's grillz.

Glad she is ok, but if there is no history of this dog biting you cannot blame it for freaking out for a minute.
    OK there were mitigating cercumstances that might explain the dog. BUT!

Thats not normal, amost no dog would bite like that without warning.

Would you ever leave that dog alone with your kids?

After seeing that behaivor I would not ever tust it around anyone,

Also wondering if the Reporter really is afraid of dogs and even though petting the animal was just reaking ofr fear and aggression, and the dog could take no more, even under control of the handler.,
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Also wondering if the Reporter really is afraid of dogs and even though petting the animal was just reaking ofr fear and aggression, and the dog could take no more, even under control of the handler.,
    That's possible. Fear = pheromones. They literally can smell fear.

Dudes were real responsive, weren't they?

Dogs have a sense of boundaries just like people do. The dog bared his upper teeth moments before, but gave no aggressive sign before that. In his mind, she obviously crossed that boundary when she put her mouth near his mouth.

He exhibited the EXACT same behavior he would have with another dog in the pack. I've studied behavioral traits of grey wolves, and domestic dogs share a lot of the same pack traits. What that dog did was just what a wolf would do.

Respect an animal's boundaries. Even if they are domesticated, that doesn't mean their actions are always foretellable.

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Sticking your face in that of a dog that doesn't know you is REALLY not a good idea. Sucks to see this kind of thing happen, but you really have to wonder what the woman was thinking.

The first thing that came to mind was "IN THE FACE!!!" -quoted from The Hangover

That dog is a PR genius!!!

He used his 15 minutes of fame to get 15 more minutes of fame!!!!

Or in this case, infamy!!

AWESOME !!!!!

Dog should be fucking shot. No animal should be so chill one second and biting someone in the face the next.

Sincerely,
    Serious dog lover.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Owner got like 3 different citations relating to the incident in the pond and the incident on TV.

Big ole fail on Kyle Dyer's part. We all teach our kids not to stick your face into some big mean looking unfamiliar dog's face and make goo goo noise at him. That's just asking for trouble.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I thought pits were illegal in Denver. Have to agree with Huck_Schmuck here. Afraid, boundaries, panic, near-death...none of those are an excuse. A dog should be trained to never bite a human. If it can't be trained, it needs to be put down.

I love my dog, but that's inexcusable.
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||

doughboyshredder Guest
    I have to agree with huck and huck. Dog bites human, dog gets put down. End of story. Once a dog has bit a human, there is no guarantee it won't do it again, and the last thing anyone should want is for a kid to get bit in the face by a dog. Not worth the risk.

That wasn't a pit,though.

I really don't like saying it but I agree with Huck, huck and DBS...
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_Schmuck View Post
    Dog should be fucking shot. No animal should be so chill one second and biting someone in the face the next.

Sincerely,
    Serious dog lover.
    Quote Originally Posted by huck4bucks View Post
    Have to agree with Huck_Schmuck here. Afraid, boundaries, panic, near-death...none of those are an excuse. A dog should be trained to never bite a human. If it can't be trained, it needs to be put down.

I love my dog, but that's inexcusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    I have to agree with huck and huck. Dog bites human, dog gets put down. End of story. Once a dog has bit a human, there is no guarantee it won't do it again, and the last thing anyone should want is for a kid to get bit in the face by a dog. Not worth the risk.

That wasn't a pit,though.
    And, this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Big ole fail on Kyle Dyer's part. We all teach our kids not to stick your face into some big mean looking unfamiliar dog's face and make goo goo noise at him. That's just asking for trouble.
    The whole thing stinks, pretty much everyone looses, especially the dog...

Wow- surprised to see so many "dog should be shot" comments here.

A dog that would never bite a human is no dog I would ever want. The best dog we ever had was a rottweiler. My mom had a daycare when I was in high school, and the rottie loved the kids- would let them crawl all over her, pull on her ears etc. Never a sign of aggression. Then one day I run to the store and leave the dog in my truck for a few min while I go in to buy milk. I come out a few min later and this guy is standing by the truck looking really pissed off. I ask him what's wrong and he says "your fucking dog bit me!" He held up his hand and to show me a small gash that was bleeding pretty good, but nothing really serious. So I asked him what he did- he said she looked friendly so he reached in the truck to pet her (the window wasn't open enough for her to get her head through). I told him that was just stupid- she is friendly, but that's her truck and she doesn't know you.

He wasn't mauled, and neither was the news anchor. In both cases the dogs were protecting their owner and/or their own personal space. The bite my dog gave to that guys hand, and the nip this one gave the news anchor was the dogs way of saying "step back stranger!" It's very unfortunate the dog got her right in the grill, but it was a stupid move on her part.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

GO, DOGGIE, GO!!!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Wow- surprised to see so many "dog should be shot" comments here.

A dog that would never bite a human is no dog I would ever want. The best dog we ever had was a rottweiler. My mom had a daycare when I was in high school, and the rottie loved the kids- would let them crawl all over her, pull on her ears etc. Never a sign of aggression. Then one day I run to the store and leave the dog in my truck for a few min while I go in to buy milk. I come out a few min later and this guy is standing by the truck looking really pissed off. I ask him what's wrong and he says "your fucking dog bit me!" He held up his hand and to show me a small gash that was bleeding pretty good, but nothing really serious. So I asked him what he did- he said she looked friendly so he reached in the truck to pet her (the window wasn't open enough for her to get her head through). I told him that was just stupid- she is friendly, but that's her truck and she doesn't know you.

He wasn't mauled, and neither was the news anchor. In both cases the dogs were protecting their owner and/or their own personal space. The bite my dog gave to that guys hand, and the nip this one gave the news anchor was the dogs way of saying "step back stranger!" It's very unfortunate the dog got her right in the grill, but it was a stupid move on her part.
    I get what you're saying, but dogs don't get to choose when to attack especially based on their own personal space.

The only dog that should be attacking a human is one that is properly trained to attack on command, or one that is protecting the home from an intruder. I am borderline on whether I think it's o.k. for a dog to bite a persons hand if it's slipped through a window. Excusable to an extent, I suppose, but nothing to be proud of.