Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Dude...Dude...where you been? Where the hell are you.
    dude, i was skiing, it was siiick
    i had my sled, i had as many hills as i could ride, i had part time summer employment that gave me all my winters off. lived on a 40 acres ranch, took the liberty of not skiing a run that i could cross tracks on, for everyrun
    but it will always be there, the skills i gathered will never be lost

I was bored with my treeplanter job (12 years, millions planted) and other forestry gigs were becoming precarious
    decided to head back to school at 32. I am doing a diploma in geomatics and Landsurvey. and well doing schooling in QC is a 20 times fold in the cost so i moved back east
    shut up and ski

Quote Originally Posted by dude_le_skibum View Post
    took the liberty of not skiing a run that i could cross tracks on, for everyrun
    alright that does it, i like yer style man^^^^^^that's how i roll too whether out west or here. crossing a track is fucking criminal.

so i moved back east
    mmm, ballzy move, i like that too. time to learn to ski again my friend, you musta got soft in bc, happens

rog

yah, i learned to ski here, but eh outthere i use to throw away skiis before ever sharpening them
    shut up and ski

Thanks for all the suggestions on this thread. I ended up staying put in central CT but have managed to get in around 40 sessions in obx, jersey, long island and rhode island mainland/block since April and met some great people along the way. At this point in my life with young family and job I've convinced myself that 40 days on the mountain and 40 in the water is a good year. I picked up a cheap soft top for the fam so their getting into it too.

Someone earlier suggested a trip - any thoughts on destination? I'm riding a 7'10" fun shape. I've gotten reasonably comfortable/consistent in head high surf. Not about to throw any airs or anything but can get down the line in either direction without looking like a complete ass and even the occasional cut back. Feel like 7-10 days straight in consistent surf would get me to the next level.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

others might laugh, but i had a blast on both the caribbean and pacific coasts of costa rica.

prefer the pacific side a bit more tho. i like easy, convenient, and user friendly, even posh. i'm planning on 2 weeks there in late jan again. maybe a week in nica and a week in cr.

rog

The only place I've ever surfed even close to NYC is Montauk...but sometimes traffic on the Long Island Expressway being what it is, 3 hours is a STRETCH.

I see your in Conn, so you're screwed...maybe try RI during a storm.

Friends say Sea Bright and Loveladies, NJ is not bad depending on conditions. I've seen gnarly waves off Asbury Park, NJ.....too bad it was such a shore break.

A propo of nothing at all...it's fucking raining right now, but barely a cloud in the sky. Anything weirder than a "blue sky rain storm"???

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Costa is nice. But if you want a road trip hit up the Outer Banks. Camp just south of Hatteras. Consistent surf. Warm water through September. I got a week of head high surf, off shores, 90F days, 80+F water years ago instead of going to my first week of Sophomore classes. It was perfect.

It is about 10 from NYC. It is the most consistent spot on the EC. It is hollow. Good stuff. Just avoid it if a 'caine is cing ashore