Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

$400 Pass Pulled for Skiing Switch at 5MPH

Anyone here ever get their pass pulled for skiing switch at slow speed just because you are outside the park? I have never heard of this before.

Over at EpicSki someone complained about getting his $400 pass pulled for Skiing Switch at 5MPH in a Catwalk. Yeah he almost ran into ski school but he didn't Then he lost his temper after trying to plead his case by calling a female red jacket a F**** c***. That probably sealed his fate. Game over.

Still I feel like he tried so hard and they should have given him another chance. I feel sorry for this dude. If he does go back to Breckenridge mgmt. to beg and plead his case I am sure they read these forums and will see him coming through the door.

Your pass being pulled is generally more about the attitude you display to the patroller rather than the offence itself.

Did you get any footy on no-pro?
    Have you tried demanding that the patroller be fired?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

One less foul mouth punk. Breck is a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by keepontruckin View Post
    I feel sorry for this dude. If he does go back to Breckenridge mgmt. to beg and plead his case I am sure they read these forums and will see him coming through the door.
    Ya think so?

Originally Posted by Spencer P

My contribution to society? Well Im currently an intended double major of Finance and IT and in the Monfort School of Business at Universty of Northern Colorado. And my father is a CFO for a Fortune 500 Company. So enjoy getting all hyphy over some forum post, and return to your life of patrolling the mountain for 8$ an hour, you special red jacket you.

oh and the great lord JoeUT. You must be someone really special, whats your role in life.............umm patrolling the mountain yea shut your mouth and collect your 8$ wage. Ive invested more money into skiing than your entire paycheck. Your an old looser who patrols the mountain and gets some nasty ass mountain pussy, and your spending your time on a forum at 12:00 on a Tue, get a life. Your whole life revolves around this little forum and you ski patrol. And Im going to struggle with money? You don't have a fucking clue, Im going to be sitting in an office making bank when your patrolling a mountain for saftey lmao. I cant even believe your still talking.............
    Troll or cunt, you make the call.
    Last edited by Tunco; 02-07-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunco View Post
    more like a total douche...at least nobody will have to put up with him anymore.

^^ sounds like a huge cunt. Fuck him, he deserves it. There's lots of places to be ridin switch. The catwalk with other people around is NOT one of them.

This quote FROM epicski pulls it all together really nicely IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Peters
    Maybe PASSING a ski patroller in a narrow, congested, BEGINNER area and being so unaware of what's below you that you had to do an emergency stop WHILE SKIING BACKWARDS wasn't such a good idea?
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

So let me get this straight. A whiny silver spoon cunt is crying about loosing a $400 pass while talking shit on a ski patrollers wage? I would be willing to bet money he talked all kinds of shit to the patroller that busted him. Is this a surprise. Good fucking riddance.

FWIW, I've been busted by patrol multiple times for skiing in closed areas (usually by mistake due to poor marking, but not always). I've always acknowledged my crime and have been super respectful to patrol in every instance and always complied. Guess what? Never lost my pass! Its really not that difficult of a concept: Respect gets respected.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Switch on a cat track with a ski school (class?) on it? The only thing to do is admit the mistake and be contrite and apologetic. Sounds like this entitled dick went all Scurfield on the patoller and got what he deserved.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Quote Originally Posted by L7 View Post
    Switch on a cat track with a ski school (class?) on it? The only thing to do is admit the mistake and be contrite and apologetic. Sounds like this entitled dick went all Scurfield on the patoller and got what he deserved.
    exactly what i was thinking, and you should have stopped by the booth today
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    exactly what i was thinking, and you should have stopped by the booth today
    Didn't see yours but didn't go down many aisles. 2 more days to stop in though.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

I know this kids is spoiled for sure by filthy rich parents but that don't make h'mm bad to the bone. I want to believe that he was sincere before the red jackets pulled the pass. Then he flips out with some totally different personality like he is bipolar. If he is as rich as he says he is, he probably was wearing something that just said spoiled rich 1%er. He sounds like he was trying so hard to do the right thing. He was so close. I feel bad for these rich kids. They really don't have a normal childhood.

Originally Posted by keepontruckin
    I feel sorry for this dude. If he does go back to Breckenridge mgmt. to beg and plead his case I am sure they read these forums and will see him coming through the door.
    Ya think so?

My contribution to society? Well Im currently an intended double major of Finance and IT and in the Monfort School of Business at Universty of Northern Colorado. And my father is a CFO for a Fortune 500 Company. So enjoy getting all hyphy over some forum post, and return to your life of patrolling the mountain for 8$ an hour, you special red jacket you.

oh and the great lord JoeUT. You must be someone really special, whats your role in life.............umm patrolling the mountain yea shut your mouth and collect your 8$ wage. Ive invested more money into skiing than your entire paycheck. Your an old looser who patrols the mountain and gets some nasty ass mountain pussy, and your spending your time on a forum at 12:00 on a Tue, get a life. Your whole life revolves around this little forum and you ski patrol. And Im going to struggle with money? You don't have a fucking clue, Im going to be sitting in an office making bank when your patrolling a mountain for saftey lmao. I cant even believe your still talking.............
    Oh my...........

Anybody know his dads employer?

What has bothered me most about the whole thread:

But it IS different.

That snowboarder blind spot exists but at least they are PRIMARILY looking downhill - which is the direction they are traveling. The blind spot of a skier going backwards is exactly the same as the direction they are going.

If you are blind to the direction you are going, how can you do it safely and consistently if you are on a congested beginner run like the one the OP is describing?
    Does this guy not realize you look over your shoulder (i.e see downhill) when you ski switch?

If I was the patroller I would have told him to shut the fuck up.

And das blunt would have gotten me fired.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

boring. some douche losses his pass. move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    If I was the patroller I would have told him to shut the fuck up.

And das blunt would have gotten me fired.
    I think you have it backwards, the kid told the patroller to shut the fuck up, and the kid got what he deserved.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Wait wait wait you mean someone at epicski can ski faster than 4 m.p.h.?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

People still ski switch?

Funny, I've had my pass pulled twice at Breck, each time for a week. Once for riding switch on a wide open groomer with no one near me, as slow as I could possibly go and still carve a turn without skidding it. The other time I was yelled at to slow down, so I did (not really going too fast to begin with). Patroller then went after my friend who was slightly ahead of me, and in the process skied over an old lady's skis, knocking her off balance. I caught up to the patroler and went off on him. He demanded I give him my pass. I asked why, he said I was reckless. I told him he was just being a dick because I called him out. I took off to the bottom, where several patrolers were waiting for me. I had no chance on a snowboard once I got to the flats. Needless to say, I lost that argument. I'm sure the slow motion chase through the bottom of Peak 9 was good comedy for any bystanders.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Wait wait wait you mean someone at epicski can ski faster than 4 m.p.h.?
    Ha ha! Yes! Took long enough for someone to make this call! Well done!

hahah what a douche

"oh youre daddy is rich and you go to business school? Our mistake sir, here is your pass. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by our pathetically poor ski patroller's attempt to maintain 'safety' for everyone else around you"

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer P
    My contribution to society? Well Im currently an intended double major of Finance and IT and in the Monfort School of Business at Universty of Northern Colorado.
    Awesome on so many levels.

and also, people who talk shit to patrollers are fucking scum. those guys wake up at absurd hours and trudge around in the dark, sometimes getting killed so that we can all go and slide down a fucking mountain safely.

have some fucking respect you selfish dick. if you had put your head down, admitted you were being dumb, and apologized, youd still have your pass. instead you have no pass, and everyone knows your a piece of shit. well played

"intended" what a shit dick

Don't blame me I voted for JoJo
    Don't Blame me, I voted for JoJo