Thread: Ramp Peacepipe?

Ramp Skis Peacepipe?

Anyone try out this ski? The specs on it look pretty good and their promo pricing right now has me looking more closely. Only thread on it so far is pretty inconclusive as it looks like it may have some plants in it.
    Last edited by phatty; 02-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.

can't see it

Smile

I love ramps in my eggs.
    watch out for snakes

Here is the link to them: http://www.rampsports.com/store/skis/peacepipe-bdl.html

They have special pricing for instructors which is pretty good.

seriously thought this thread was about some new-fangled skiing specific weed smoking device

It might have been the tune on them but when I got a chance to try the peace pipes last year their edge hold was worse than a Tyler Perry movie.

Anyone have any other beta on them?

I demoed a pair of Ramp Peacepipes last time I was in Utah. I demoed the longest length (189?).

The flex pattern reminded me of my old K2 Seths (the un-rockered 98mm underfoot ones. 2005ish model?). So it was a pretty soft, damp flex pattern. It had a fair amount of tip rocker. It struck me as a fun soft day ski. But I had it out on hardpack. It obviously wasn't made to excel on scraped-off groomers, though it did okay. When I got them into a little bit of crud, it did really well, though conditions and limits on what was open kept me from finding a spot to really open them up off the groomed. With the square-ish tail, I think it would make a fun rig for soft day touring or just as a dedicated soft day board in a quiver where you have something else for firm days, but I prefer something stiffer as my everyday chairlift riding ski. FWIW, I took out a pair of Frenzys afterward and they were completely different. Very stiff. Very good for the somewhat scraped off groomer conditions. So it's not like floppy skis are a feature of the brand - just something done intentionally in the Peacepipes as a pow ski.

My wife's uncle took out a pair of Groundhogs mounted tele and took a little while to warm up to a softish fat ski, but after a few laps he was really getting them up on edge and decambering them on the groomers. He seemed to genuinely enjoy them, even on a firm day.

My wife demoed a Sagebrush and a Lobstah snowboard from Ramp while we were there. She has been hunting for a stiffish twin rockered board, but has actually found it to be surprisingly difficult to find. She was about ready to bite the bullet and order a Lib Tech T.Rice for full retail, but is now pretty sold on the Ramp Tumbleweed. She felt the Lobstah was a nice groomer bomber and that the Sagebrush was really fun. The Tumbleweed is supposed to be the same shape as the Sagebrush but a bit stiffer. She has decided to buy it and ride it as a quiver of one. I know Mrs. Shred is not the only snowboarder trying to find the magical combination of stiffish twin rockered and available in a full array of lengths at a reasonable price. It is nice to know this manufacturer is making one.

Anyhow, the Ramp folks seem like genuinely nice people. I know that they're trying to demo their product a lot around the cottonwood canyons and park city this year.