Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'd rather break up with a fiance once a week than go through another divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I do believe you just got played, Son.

Read it again, he's kidding.

...but speaking of AlpineZone, back in the day there was this guy named Herman...well, never mind. Not important.

So I did...that's what I get for responding while sitting on the shitter
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark
    Pictures, here, obviously. You know, just to numb the pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    WTF?, almost 2 pages and no mention of, post pictures of your ex nude, for fucks sake.
    Reading fail.
    Nobody listens to a fkn word fat chicks say. Nobody talks to them long enough to notice they're crazy

WTF?, almost 2 pages and no mention of, post pictures of your ex nude, for fucks sake.
    Total fail

Some very good advice offered thank you

It's one thing to get separated from your fiancee and quite another to get separated from your finances. Count your blessings.

for fucks sake, don't post, my guess is she's not hot or tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by jongman View Post

Some very good advice offered thank you
    Bullshit- we give horrible advice. That is what people have come to expect.
    But seriously, get the ring back. It isn't a present.

Great advice thus, oddly. To add; get back into the things you're passionate about that you didn't have the opportunity to pursue with your ex; skiing, travel, biking, whatever. Get after it! The exercise will do wonders. Go get some!

Aside from that, renew and strengthen your friendships. I've often found with myself and with friends, those friendships tend to wither while trying to save a relationship bound for the junk pile.

Quote Originally Posted by jongman View Post
    So just ended it, called it quits. 5 years out the window. Any advice? If it's legal, only canadian mags need reply.
    Out the window? Sounds like five years when, hopefully, you weren't locked in the cycle of furious solo masturbation.
    And if she wasn't putting out, then why didn't you do this 4 years ago?

Life goes on. Pass the pepper please.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Pragmatic answer: Tie up any loose ends that connect you - especially anything that could touch your finances, credit score, shared bills/accounts, property ownership, pet ownership, etc. If it is a lot of things, take a day off of work and just get them all done and be cold about it. You don't want to let these things slip, even if she isn't likely to cause problems intentionally, you just want to get it over with.
    Next, take a little time to break out of your world and questions your expectations and considerations of what your life could be, what you want to do, what goals are important to you and how you would feel best reaching them. In 5 years you've probably built a lot of plans around that partnership - now that you have more options and different resources, you'll want to re-assess. This is a great opportunity to put your life on a different track or to improve the track it is on.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's one thing to get separated from your fiancee and quite another to get separated from your finances.
    Nestor has spoken thee words of wisdom.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Not married (yet), but I've already convinced her that this one makes no sense. The seat goes either up or down, doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of thins, don't get on my shit about it- and she hasn't.
    Don't worry, that'll change.....along with a lot of other shit you think you have under control

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    Don't worry, that'll change.....along with a lot of other shit you think you have under control
    crap, only five weeks into 2012 and i've already agreed with DBT. Gonna be a rough year...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

IME having been married many times, depending on how intertwined your lives and finances are take care of your legal probelms/issues SOONEST and I mean like tomorrow , split up your stuff, get a separation agreement and make sure you both have legal advice

get it done SOONEST because right now she might be nicer to deal with than 6 months down the road when she see's you with another woman OR her friends are telling her she could fuck you over for X amount of money OR she realizes what a fucking jerk you were (speaking hypothetically)

As for the broken heart you will be fine in 6months cuz hearts always mend ...but bidness is bidness eh?

Huh. My wife moved out 13 months ago ('bout when I showed up here) and we are just now getting around to discussing property. But it's a civil discussion and I've been skiing my ass off!

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    So I did...that's what I get for responding while sitting on the shitter
    I like it when you speak to me from the toilet.
    Life is not lift served.

Listen to this song over and over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u18dXZzslF0

And someone saved my life tonight sugar bear
    You almost had your hooks in me didn't you dear
    You nearly had me roped and tied
    Altar-bound, hypnotized
    Sweet freedom whispered in my ear
    You're a butterfly
    And butterflies are free to fly
    Fly away, high away, bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    crap, only five weeks into 2012 and i've already agreed with DBT. Gonna be a rough year...
    Tye, you are in denial. You agree with me daily. Multiple times.

Find yourself something like this
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...day-%28NSFW%29
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    Listen to this song over and over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u18dXZzslF0

And someone saved my life tonight sugar bear
    You almost had your hooks in me didn't you dear
    You nearly had me roped and tied
    Altar-bound, hypnotized
    Sweet freedom whispered in my ear
    You're a butterfly
    And butterflies are free to fly
    Fly away, high away, bye bye
    He said he broke up with a woman, not women entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    I'd rather break up with a fiance once a week than go through another divorce.
    This. You may miss the pussy, but you would have lost it and much, much more eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Pete View Post
    Pragmatic answer: Tie up any loose ends that connect you - especially anything that could touch your finances, credit score, shared bills/accounts, property ownership, pet ownership, etc. If it is a lot of things, take a day off of work and just get them all done and be cold about it. You don't want to let these things slip, even if she isn't likely to cause problems intentionally, you just want to get it over with.
    Next, take a little time to break out of your world and questions your expectations and considerations of what your life could be, what you want to do, what goals are important to you and how you would feel best reaching them. In 5 years you've probably built a lot of plans around that partnership - now that you have more options and different resources, you'll want to re-assess. This is a great opportunity to put your life on a different track or to improve the track it is on.

Yes, I like this (and all of the rest of your answers thank you, they were all well thought out and i will do all of them, especially the blonde).

As I understand it, I own what I had before the first year we co-habitated, (that's when the common law thing would have started) and then anything that we purchased, or investment growth, equity in house, or etc etc in the 5 years we were together would be split.
    This may only be applicable in canada though.

XXX-er sounds like you've done this before - true?

if you have kids it comes under the family relations act and you are pretty much on the nut to take care of them which will almost always include support & might include alimony

if you both have careers and kept the finances seperate there is the concept of "the modern marriage" which MOST Canadians are not aware of (everyone thinks its always 50-50 split ) where you each have your own stuff, my last lawyer went thru this scenario and won but it cost him a LOT of money TO win, money he could afford to spend as a lawyer to still come out net ahead but that she really couldn't afford to spend given her profession

BUT it sound like you got finances/joint ownership all tangled up so then you need to untangle/deal with them soonest, say you jointly own something big like a house and agree to wait or make a deal to settle up sometime or SFT and suddenly the worth of that investment goes way up or way down and one or both of you are fucked, it didn't happen to me but I did see it happen ... you wana talk to a lawyer & cut the cake up NOW

Ya I had the starter marriage followed by the real marriage, the kids, the career ,gave away half of everything twice and somehow landed on my feet entirely due to what can only be termed stupid luck ... you count your winnings at the end of the game eh?

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Is she hot? is she loaded? does she have any std's? If she is hot, loaded and does NOT have any std's, i suggest you post up her photo along with her personal info, i.e. phone numbers and email address, consider this the ULTIMATE mag hookup and best get even ever!
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Well done genius.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.