Breck Backcountry Partner

I'm gonna be in Breck with the family at the end of Feb and was wanting to get some backcountry runs in.

I was looking at either Peak 6 or Over on the other side of Peak 10 (Burro Trail up to Francie's Cabin???)

Anybody want to take a noob out for some easy backcountry skiing.

Or any suggestions on where to get more info on Peak 6. If I did ski peak 6 I would rather just skip the lift and skin up to save the $100 in lift ticket but I can't find much info on access..other than to ski out the gates.

none of the areas you listed above really have enough coverage to ski this year. at least not yet. and even if they do have enough coverage, the snowpack is SOO sketch that you wouldnt even want to go near it.

peak 6 is best accessed from the top of the Imperial chair. which is at 12800 feet. the highest lift in north america. so good luck skinning that, but it will be a LONG skin from the base at 9300.

so basically your fucked. shouldve gone to killington

I'll take you out. I've skied some of the mellow lines on Peak 6 as I don't trust the steeper lines right now, though they have been skied. I've skinned from the base of Peak 7 up to it and it's not that bad. I'm also down to do Baldy, Peak 5, ect. My avy assessment abilities limit me to conservative decisions so we'd need someone more expert to do more interesting runs. My expert partner no longer lives in town.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    none of the areas you listed above really have enough coverage to ski this year. at least not yet. and even if they do have enough coverage, the snowpack is SOO sketch that you wouldnt even want to go near it.

peak 6 is best accessed from the top of the Imperial chair. which is at 12800 feet. the highest lift in north america. so good luck skinning that, but it will be a LONG skin from the base at 9300.

so basically your fucked. shouldve gone to killington
    You sound like a fucking idiot. First off BOTH of thoes areas have plenty of snow and make for fun skiing. Second, the skin from the base of siberian loop or base of the ski area up to the top of 6 is nothing daunting in the least, its a mellow easy skin. yeah, six did just slide on the steepest aspect of it but the gut is 25 to 28 degrees and has the capability for some fun mellow low angle tree skiing on the southern side. Dont sound like a douche