Looking for information on Aspen's (former?) Half-Inch Poma Chair!

Hey all,
    I'm hoping to get some info on the possibly still in operation Half-Inch Poma lift at Aspen Highlands, which I can't find much information about on the ole Google. I was assigned a story about the lift for a magazine, and haven't been to Aspen so am unsure of it's current status (operating? not operating? in shambles? existing only in memory??). If anyone could give me any info regarding its history, demise, current use, prior use — anything really — I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!

Amanda

No Pomas left at Highlands. It used to be in the trees below the bottom of the new Cloud 9 lift. I have some contacts on Patrol and in marketing.

It wasn't a chair. Half inch was the Snow Puppies poma lift. They pulled all four pomas out in 1998, after Whip gave Highlands to Harvard. Then Harvard sold Highlands to Gerald Hines who is now a minority shareholder in Aspen Skl Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthei View Post
    I was assigned a job that is too hard for me to do on my my own. Can one of you do my job for me ? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!

Amanda
    Hey Amanda,

Post a photo of your tits.

Thanks,
    Harry
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

PM Raps. He doesnt post much anymore but knows all about old things around Aspen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using TGR Forums
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

haha, hey now, first rule in journalism is use your resources. better to get a primary, knowledgeable source from you guys then get shoddy/nonexistent information off the internet or dial zero and talk to someone who doesn't have a clue!

I taught at Highlands the winter of 74-75.

There were two slow fixed-grip Pomas right at the old base lodge -- Half-Inch and One-Inch. They were used almost exclusively by the Highlands Ski School for GLM teaching. One-Inch also gave you enough vertical to traverse over to the Thunderbowl chair.

Back in the day before detachable chairs, they were a godsend for teaching never-evers.

Cheers,

Peter