Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    anyone know if the shorts will go smaller then the posted 270mm?

wifes boot is 265mm and wondering if this will fit her.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

I checked my small version and the scale says 269-272 for the smallest notch. So I don't think it will fit.

I've run a 265 in there...it was pretty marginal, but worked ok. Wouldn't be my choice for a hard charging daily driver. This was a one-day demo for a friend, and she is a very technically proficient but lightweight skier.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

My short report after a few days of riding Adrenaline 13 mounted on Atomic Atlas 182 (which was most definitely the wrong ski for the miserable conditions we have had this year, but I could not wait to try it out after some 20 days on rock skis). All inbounds. Doh.
    They hold me attached to skis well. They had one release when I landed awkwardly - probably warranted.
    Several attempts to use hike mode - mostly just getting out on flats - it is easy to open, but it freezes up dead in the wet warm snow after a few strides, and makes it next to impossible to close. And you can fuck up that little strip of metal that moves the mechanism if you push on it too hard - it may buckle. I had to take it off, clean it, and close. Cleaning ice out is easy.

This is my first binding of this type, and I think next time I would either get back to my normal Look Pivots on inbound, and dynafits for proper touring setup. Maybe I will change my mind if we get a normal winter and I can actually take it backcountry. Has a place in a quiver..

I'm looking for 115 brakes for these. Anyone holding? Or have a source for some? I also lost one of those little collared screws. . Anyone know where I can get them?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroforhire View Post
    I'm looking for 115 brakes for these. Anyone holding? Or have a source for some? I also lost one of those little collared screws. . Anyone know where I can get them?
    May have some brakes. let me check when I get home today.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    May have some brakes. let me check when I get home today.
    Thanks. If I can't find any here I might have to order some from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroforhire View Post
    Thanks. If I can't find any here I might have to order some from Europe.
    I do have a brand new set of 115 brakes. Not sure how much these sell for. Send me a PM to finish this out.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I do have a brand new set of 115 brakes. Not sure how much these sell for. Send me a PM to finish this out.
    Got some locally. Thanks man.

How much does having to step out to change modes (Marker) or not having a flat touring mode (Salomon) really affect a person?
    Serious question, because I don't know any better.
    Do either the Salomons or Tyrolias have a critical screw, or develop slop like the Markers?
    One day, sooner the better, I will be in the market for one of these things.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

FYI The climbing baffles on this binding break extremely easily

Used these last season for approx 15 days total, 5 inbounds and 10 touring. First on one binding, and ultimately on both, the little bent wire climbing baffle became loose, which causes it to not stay in the intermediate position and also catch on the heel slider plate that is fixed to the ski. The result is that every time you take a step, the baffle catches on the plate and your foot can't lift fully until you jiggle it free. If I want to tour in these bindings now, I have to voile strap both baffles in the full upright position and tip toe around. Massive pain in the ass. Would not recommend to anyone. Bought Beasts this season and am super stoked on them.

After not liking and breaking my og dukes and also breaking my guardians I feel like these are the next logical choice. Its a little unsettling that there doesn't seem to be many people on them. I really don't want to spend the money on a dedicated tech setup and I've done fine on day tours with the guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    How much does having to step out to change modes (Marker) or not having a flat touring mode (Salomon) really affect a person?
    Serious question, because I don't know any better.
    Do either the Salomons or Tyrolias have a critical screw, or develop slop like the Markers?
    One day, sooner the better, I will be in the market for one of these things.
    I did most of the mode switching on my guardians with my boot out. I found the mechanism too hard to disengage with a pole. Also most of the times I was switching I was stepping out to deal with skins anyway.

Any one try these with maestrales? Clearances are pretty sketchy. Seems like the lugs behind the AFD are 1mm off the rail without any load on the binding. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Didn't fit for my friend, went with dukes.

Fuck the adrenalins are starting to be irritating. The retention/release is perfect though.

After a couple resort days and one big touring day I have some first impressions on the bindings. First off, zero play between boot and binding or in the locking mech. This is a very welcomed characteristic for me since I had issues with my og dukes and guardians. Tour mode feels good and the climbing bail functions well. No problems switching modes with boots in or out. I have had one premature release at the resort that was a little unnerving. Driving the tips hard through some cruddy bumps I had a heel release while I was feeling completely balanced.

BUMP..

anyone got significant time on these to comment on any developing slop. I am looking at a used setup that will have these already mounted. Seller bought used as well and only knnows how many days he has put on them (15). Read the thread but dont see any real "long term" use scenarios.

Thanks collective.

Been on them for 2 seasons now. Not had any problem with them. Release/retention is fine, and touring they've presented zero issues. Would totally recommend. I've done about 60 days on these, mostly inbounds, but probably 15 days touring. No complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreenie View Post
    Been on them for 2 seasons now. Not had any problem with them. Release/retention is fine, and touring they've presented zero issues. Would totally recommend. I've done about 60 days on these, mostly inbounds, but probably 15 days touring. No complaints.

Thanks for the input...

anyone else? I prefer more than one data point. Thanks.

Mine are still good, no issues to report other than icing around the toe pivot which is easily cleaned. Check the grooves in there first if your binding doesn't want to lock down properly. I use them much less then when I got them just because of weight, and the mediocre season but they're still solid after 2 years. My buddy who bought his at the same time as I did has nothing but good to say and he's skied them a ton on his daily drivers. I think that as far as heavy, annoying frame binders go, these are the best choice out there.

Tyrolia ambition 12 CARBON 1620 grams
    But at $1000+... pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Thanks for the input...

anyone else? I prefer more than one data point. Thanks.
    A little late but here are my 2 cents...

I've got approx 40 days on mine, mostly lift based OP, inbounds and some short hikes. They are perfectly fine. No slop/play, no prerelease. I'm a heavy dude (100 kg) and they have been mounted on a pair of Down CDC2. I'm going to use them on my new Down TD 124 so I think they will outlast at least a couple of more skis.

Smile What barrel screws work?

I am about 9 years late on this but would love some help finding these barrel screws! I really appreciate any help. What size worked for you? Are these the screws from the link posted in the thread?

I have a box of them. Hodl.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

How can I get ahold of these screws?

I’ll happily pay you. Lifts quit spinning and I’m in desperate need of those barrel screws. My account isn’t letting me use the messaging feature because I’m a noob.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    I have a box of them. Hodl.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk