Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I finally have them in my hand. I shipped them to a friend in the US, so I will take measurements when I get back home. The head looks like it might be a problem. It's quite thin.

Got mine yesterday, and I'm hopeful there is a way to replicate those screws. Still searching for the right parts

Glad you are in the same boat.

Worst comes to worst, could we use the tap in brass inserts with the original screws?

I think I figured out a way to do it. Drilled out inserts with 12AB helicoils. Should work.

How about cutting off the threaded section of the factory stud/screw then drill a 5mm clearance hole through the centre of the stud then countersink the top of the hole to accept a flush 5mm flat head machine screw. Simples.

Anyone skiing these or the Attacks (non touring) binding?

Couple questions:
    1. Screw pattern on the attacks? Is it new?
    2. How's the release? Better prerelease than Marker? Dependable?
    3. How much does the AFD adjust? Enough for a Tecnica Cochise with tech soles in?

Got some screws to mess with.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    If someone crosses ski tails that badly they should just give up and off themselves.
    Not true! With the Fritschi's you didn't have to cross that much in order to flip it into instant tele mode...all it takes is just the side edge catching it at just the wrong time and you're in for quite a surprise! I'm not saying it happened often, but a couple of times a year is more than I appreciated. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbrese View Post
    Why is everyone so down on plastic? I haven't had a plastic binding break on me so I don't know the pain. There are engineering resins out there that offer the durability and toughness of steel, maybe they just aren't using them? Plastic is the way to go if you want to keep weight down.
    I can't count how many plastic bindings I've broke and have had to replace. But then I'm big and kinda rough on stuff...

Bumping this up with a couple questions

Can anyone talk about how these ski compared to duke/baron or guardian/tracker?

Has anyone put a fair amount of days on them and wants to speak on durability?

Thanks in advance

10 days no issues except they don't fit factors with the rocker/tech sole block.. Light and tour well. Like them better than Gaurdian I skied last year. Time will tell. Tyrolia confirmed and told me to plane 3 mm off the heel.

I ski the Factor 130 with Adrenalins and they fit well without additional work on the boot sole. I have used them for around 20 days with no problems whatsoever. They are mounted on Bibby Pro 190s.

What sole blocks. DIN or tech blocks? Tech soles were too thick and wouldn't full engage the heel. The heel lever would flop around a few inches up and down. din soles no problem..

The tech soles work for me. I have never used the DIN sole blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by NWSkier View Post
    Bumping this up with a couple questions

Can anyone talk about how these ski compared to duke/baron or guardian/tracker?

Has anyone put a fair amount of days on them and wants to speak on durability?

Thanks in advance
    Finally got to try them on a rough day. I'm talking solid ice with cat tracks, iced bumps mixed with heavy crud, some park jumps to see if they blow. Not one pre release. I know Markers would have ejected me at least once. I really built up my trust in them.

End of season review. Still love them. It really is a do it all binding. Weird, even the peak 18 ejected me once and the adrenalins stayed on all season. I was weary of the marker like toe, but it's way better. Toured em quite a bit too. They need to be cleaned before I lock them, but lets's be realistic, every AT binding needs cleaning.

Anyone have issues with Cochise boots? Using din blocks and have vertical movement in the toe.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Anyone have issues with Cochise boots? Using din blocks and have vertical movement in the toe.
    Forgive the obvious question, but.....is the toe height set correctly?

Had to replace my adrenalines quickly this year after mine were lost, got tour f12s instead. The tours are nice, ski fine, but I miss my adrenalines. Tours are light, which is nice, but the adrenaline skis better and is much more stable in tour mode, especially edging sideways across steep terrain, crossing roots and logs, etc.
    Last edited by weasel1; 03-28-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Probably not. Thanks for asking the obvious. I'll take a look and adjust accordingly. Just picked up the cochise and noticed it the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Probably not. Thanks for asking the obvious. I'll take a look and adjust accordingly. Just picked up the cochise and noticed it the other day.
    I ask because my brother invariably has his wrong (switching between boots, letting others borrow them, never remembers to check), and it causes him all sorts of mischief. An easy thing to miss.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

More comparisons from those that have skied the Tracker/Guardian as well as the Adrenaline would be much appreciated and does anyone have a 80-120 day season on these? That would say alot about durability. I sold the Trackers, just not that pumped on them after 2 seasons of inbounds/slack use. Thinking Adrenalines might be worth a try before I just go back to sth 16 and day wreckers to fill the same niche (already have real touring set ups for long walks).

Anyone try the ambitions? Wonder where they stand between the adrenalins and frițșkïș

I have a good 50 days on Adrenalines, lots of hardpack, spinning, shit eating, landing on stumps, etc. Holding up just fine so far. I use them far more inbounds than I tour on them and I think they're great for it. Bit heavier than the tech setup though.

Hick and daught, thin cover easily has had 80 days hard use on the adrenaline, some on the ambition as well. He never had any durability issues with either (and he's prone to breaking stuff), but then neither of them survived the fire that levelled his house, so there's that. If your skiing is just too hot, well.......

My brother also is on both. Loves the way the ambition tours, but isn't sure the ambition's energy transfer is as strong as he wants skiing wise. Then again , when I asked him if he had set the toe height properly he gave me a blank stare, then looked sheepishly at his feet, so YMMV. I really like that they carried over the full metal frame (from ski to toe pivot axle) design from the adrenaline. Really makes for a much stiffer interface when skiing and touring.

Thanks for chiming in on the durability guys! I figured no news is good news, since it seems like every time something breaks around here a lynch mob is formed and someone is screaming that whatever product in question is total shit now.

The Adrenalins seem like they might be worth a try.