Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Best ski flick segment ever?

Mark Abma in Yearbook?

I saw it the other night for the first time and God Damn! The kids got skills and sack.

That is a sick segment, but there are two that I watch over and over. Sage's opening segment in Highlife, and Morrison's segment in Focused. Sage's line is sweet because of the exposure and the sluff coming down like a waterfall all around him. It fricken sweet.
    Last edited by Castro's; 01-22-2005 at 01:03 PM.
    "Whoever said skiing on fat skis is like having sex with a fat chick, has obviously never had sex with a fat chick." -Jack Handy

The deeeeep pow segment in High Life and basically all of Sinners.

But that's just me... I don't huck, yet love to watch shit go down where I can see myself be the rider.

I would have to give a nod to Seths segment in Focused. Huge backs, lincolns, rodoes! I watch that segment all the time.

TGR Harvest JH pow segment kills me, soo deep!
    Last edited by powderwhore; 01-22-2005 at 11:06 AM.

JT's "Hey Mr Music" Segment

also you and Sawnick? rippin pow to "oh my oh my God"

pep in 1242
    Sage in High Life or Soul Purpose

The "Trip of a Lifetime" segment from MSP's SM2 was pretty damn good.

Pretty much all of Sinners.

Any segment involving lots of over the head faceshots. I'd rather see that than huge hucks or sick big mountain lines.

It's not quite as "sick" as today's footage, but I'm gonna go with the Telluride sequence in Blizzard of Ahhhs. It set the gold standard for the oft-repeated reggae segment in later films; it celebrated the underground culture of a by-all-appearances tourist mountain town, something that was unheard of in films of that day; the slow-mo tree-pow segment still rocks. I'll even forgive the yellow tassles one-piece.

Unlike most in this forum, I'm not really a fan of Sinners. Just doesn't do much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by powderwhore

TGR Harvest JH pow segment kills me, soo deep!
    This is what I thought of immediately.

the JH segment of either Mind the Addiction or Prophecy...both are super rowdy, great sound tracks, non-stop action, and they take place somewhere that's far from impossible to get to, but you know (at least for 99.9% of the skiing population) you'd never attempt. it stares you in the face and then you get to watch multiple riders absolutely rip lines off.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmear
    It's not quite as "sick" as today's footage, but I'm gonna go with the Telluride sequence in Blizzard of Ahhhs. It set the gold standard for the oft-repeated reggae segment in later films; it celebrated the underground culture of a by-all-appearances tourist mountain town, something that was unheard of in films of that day; the slow-mo tree-pow segment still rocks. I'll even forgive the yellow tassles one-piece.

Unlike most in this forum, I'm not really a fan of Sinners. Just doesn't do much for me.
    Good vote for the Telluride seg. And I also agree with you on Sinners...I think my expectations were too high, but I still dig it out once in a while.

Anyhow....one segment I keep going back to is Jon Larsson's and Seth Warner's piece in Junkshow Diaries. Maybe not the sickest footage out there (although it's damn good skiing)...the footage is kinda raw looking which I like, the tune gets your head noddin, and it just leaves me feelin good.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Another vote for the Jhole pow segment in Harvest. However, I haven't seen Sinners yet.

Also, first time I saw Morrison ski (Global storming segment) it opened my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy

Werd.

How was the show last night, Woodsy? Incidentally, I got so drunk last night I set my ass on fire. I don't feel good today and my ass hurts.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Couple of thoughts:

Arlberg (St. Anton) segment in Snowdrifters

Interview with Mikey (Red Mountain) in P-tex, Lies, and Duct Tape

Cham segment in Blizzard

Jackson segment in MTA

and.....my friend, you (Str8) and Deano's segment in Sick Sense (I don't know how sick it's gonna get)
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

As far as Sinners go, it is not that "sick" to me as soulful. As far as best segment to the "right" song, Sinners, the segment after the yellow snowmobile church mass and then Josh Ritter breaks in with a killer song and nice segment of slow mo of skiers and boarders.

I still like Prophecy, seen it once and it really got to me.

Have yet to see Yearbook, need to get that one.

Reverence was watched the other day with some top notch maggots and I was amazed to see Kent doing what all the rest are doing now, but he was doing it more than a decade ago on skiiny skis. WOW!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy
    JT's "Hey Mr Music" Segment

love the Oh My God segment!

Sage in "Highlife". I watch just that one all the time. Incredible.
    "Girl, let us freak."

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    Josh Ritter breaks in with a killer song and nice segment of slow mo of skiers and boarders.
    That indeed is a nice few minutes of sensory experience.

My short term memory suggests that my favorite is Will Burks' in the Prophecy. I JUST got done watching that. Love the part where Kreitler is describing him and says "stomps everything clean", at which we get 3 huge cliff drops where Will makes it look like they're 10 footers. The rest of the segment is awesome too.

Kreitler and Sage in High Life are two of my favorites... I like the Abma segment, but not the music. I really didn't like much of the music in Yearbook.

im nobody to judge, as im not familiar with enough movies, (havent seen most of the stuff you guys are talkin bout) but i do find myself watchin seth's stuff in high society in my head a lot. i think its the combo of him and spineshank, got it ingrained in my brain.
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

Seth's segments in High Society and The Front Line blew me away.

Otherwise I'd have to go with Abma's seg in Yearbook, Dean Cumming's in Global Storming ('the American Dream'), Sage's in High Life...I love the boat seg, and Cumming's seg, in the front line as well.

I'm more of a big-mountain charger guy.

So nobody's voting for Tanner's seg in Yearbook yet? why not?

Too many to choose from ,but I'll go with Sage in Highlife.
    Calmer than you dude

i would have to go back through and watch them again to vote for best of all time....every seth segment (except yearbook, i know that was a bad year) has always been inspiring when im trying to kill it on the treadmill and get in shape just before ski season, but abma's segment in Yearbook would most definately be in the running. and if he doesnt get breakthrough performance for the year. . . oh man. . i donno, then it better go to ingrid. haha

The Jeremy Jones / Johan Olofsson segment in FURTHER.
    A SMALL SAMPLE
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.