Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Seth's segments in SMIII and Focused were my picks growing up, for sure.

But this Hoji edit is also one of my all-time favorites.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

^^^ good call.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Seth's segments in SMIII and Focused were my picks growing up, for sure.

But this Hoji edit is also one of my all-time favorites.
    I should have mentioned this one too. Hoji in Attack of La Nina is some of the best pure big mountain skiing I have ever seen. That line they show in that shot above is absolutely insane, one of my favorites.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Glad I could contribute. I forgot to mention that one of the coolest thing about that edit (in addition to the skiing itself) is the change of pace from touring to heli-accessed. It really showed what's possible on tech binders, which makes it extra influential, IMO.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Hoji's segment in Superheroes of Stoke is also pretty bad-ass. Here's the POV version of that day... ONE day.

I'm with the others, Seth in SM3 and Focused.

Permin, Pettit and Hoji in MSP from 2008-now are always gooders too.

Kye Peterson in All I Can is another one. Some of the best tricks in big lines I have ever seen, and the line he skis at the very end of the movie is insane.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Hoji's segment in Superheroes of Stoke is also pretty bad-ass. Here's the POV version of that day... ONE day.
    Seconded! Super inspirational.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Can't help it. My favoritist segment doesn't even have any skiing...

And even though I hate Styx, that's gotta be one of the most inspired intros synched to music evarr.

Dorian Densmore absolutely killing it at Las Lenas in some of the longest, sickest couliors I've seen.
    Usually not a big POV fan, but this dude charges to a cool sound track. Nice vid.

Hoji-In Deep Ski Movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcV3...F96D6F&index=5
    Last edited by Eastern Sierra Skier; 05-16-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Nice vid ESS. That guy is killing it. I think most people would ski couloirs like that stopping with each turn, but that guy has a full rhythm, wiggling through tight chokes, straightlining, hucking...insane. We also have to realize that every POV line is twice as steep, and the cliffs twice as big, as it looks on film. Thanks for posting.

I gotta say the windlip session in license to thrill is probably my all time favorite. Those guys dropping the cornice and straightlining into the lip and absolutely sending into the f'n stratosphere. Still rad to this day regardless of gear or yellow onesy
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Nice vid ESS. That guy is killing it. I think most people would ski couloirs like that stopping with each turn, but that guy has a full rhythm, wiggling through tight chokes, straightlining, hucking...insane. We also have to realize that every POV line is twice as steep, and the cliffs twice as big, as it looks on film. Thanks for posting.
    Quien es mas macho? Dorian es mas macho! Glad you liked it. I agree 100% that most people would ski that one hop turn at a time. Dorian has mad rhythm and flow. Makes me wonder if he has skied those lines so many times he just got them dialed, or he just goes balls out. Just as I'm thinking, "That looks doable at a slower speed." The line ends with big, mandatory air. Great stuff and makes me want to skip fire season some year and head for South America. The South American girls we used to hire at ski school in Mammoth were gorgeous! Miss those days.

This one is always memorable...

Would love to be a part of it. Memorable things shared thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    I gotta say the windlip session in license to thrill is probably my all time favorite. Those guys dropping the cornice and straightlining into the lip and absolutely sending into the f'n stratosphere. Still rad to this day regardless of gear or yellow onesy
    there was something really similar from back in the day...RAP films I think...reel action productions or something like that...
    It was Chip Milner and Trace Worthington just sending it into the god damned sky off a wind lip. Unforgettable.

My favorites, which I'm sure are not The Best All-Time, but fwiw:

Wasatch Pow with Brant Moles, Lindsey Dyer, and Shroder Baker in the Waiting Game.

Telluride with Scott Kennett, Lynne Weiland, etc in Blizzard of Aaahhs

Taos with Jim Moran, Scott Harrington, Kristen Ulmer, and Bill Kerig in Carving the White

Hoji edit Contours.

The insane pillow lines does it for me.

Thanks for putting these up. Some are kinda hard to find.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This one is always memorable...

this just reminded me of how much I miss Shane. I did not know him.
    But i really miss seeing him on film and just being Shane.

It was the creativity he brought to the sport.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I will add Robb Gaffney in 1999. Killing it on Schmidiots and Eagle's Nest (now McConkey's) as well as the Fingers was absolutely awesome.

Henrik Windstedt Style Council.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VMqw1tbH2w

Noone does it better.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Henrik Windstedt Style Council.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VMqw1tbH2w

Noone does it better.
    Nice find. That footage is from Attack of La Nina. Henrik and Cody Townsend kill it. Those guys also killed it in The Way I See It. Some of my favorite AK footage ever, I forgot to mention that one.

I wish Henrik still skied for MSP. He kills big lines and he is one of the best at spinning off cliffs. He does a 50 foot 360 off an AK spine in The Way I see It which must be seen to be believed.

Maybe not the best ever but the Scott Schmidt Palisades seggy in Warren Millers ski country and/or steep and deep in 83-85 ish was fucking rad. Also some rad Schmidt footage from Mt. Cook.

... Or perhaps all of Blizzard and license to thrill....

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    this just reminded me of how much I miss Shane. I did not know him.
    But i really miss seeing him on film and just being Shane.

It was the creativity he brought to the sport.
    I once told (asked) him to stop video taping the stuff we were doing so we wouldn't end up in jail. I was wrong.

hey, guys...

so many of these segments I have never seen ...

Just to date myself, and throw in an oldie :

Ski Time, Warren Miller. 1983(?)

Schmidt off the Palisades at Squaw Valley. some of the earlier 'extreme skiing' footage a.i.r.

and

the Coombs interview in the STEEP extras. "There's always Bad luck... " And his brief appearance in 'Edge of Never' --

I Am haunted by the loss of Doug Coombs...

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "